Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  109
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Heat on Bevo?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Heat on Bevo?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I would hope it wouldn't be in a coaching role as I'm not sure what he can offer besides ''experience''.
    You weren’t better at your chosen profession after a few years having a crack?

Look at the Suns. Have never made finals. They got a Ferrari also.

Post Thanks / Like

Luke Hodge had some interesting insights into Clarkson and his suitability to Norf and any new team:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...13-p5b176.html

The key message being, unless you have strong leadership at the club to keep Clarkson who is difficult to get along with in check, there's no point in going for him (note, he left out Kennett's name when discussing Hawthorn personnel who fit the bill of being able to keep Clarkson in check).

Not sure we have the type of leadership in place.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Luke Hodge had some interesting insights into Clarkson and his suitability to Norf and any new team:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...13-p5b176.html

The key message being, unless you have strong leadership at the club to keep Clarkson who is difficult to get along with in check, there's no point in going for him (note, he left out Kennett's name when discussing Hawthorn personnel who fit the bill of being able to keep Clarkson in check).

Not sure we have the type of leadership in place.
    We don’t need Clarkson.

We need a good senior assistant defo.
    We may need a better recruiter/list manager.
    We may need a better head of fitness.
    We need a key defender or 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    We don’t need Clarkson.

I don't want Clarkson. I like him less than I like Leon Cameron and that's before Bulldogs credits are taken into account.

Firstly, his debut appearance on Talking Footy or On the Couch he was wearing shorts. That's right, shorts. Now I wear shorts as often as I can and the only time I've worn them on TV was during my runner up finish on The Football Squadron's Beat the Champ season's handball competition in 1989, or maybe I didn't even wear shorts and instead wore triacetate trackies. Whatever, you don't wear shorts on a talk show for footy.

He assaults people. He assaults walls. He pisses and moans more than Bevo ever has. He's a massive dick.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want Clarkson. I like him less than I like Leon Cameron and that's before Bulldogs credits are taken into account.

Firstly, his debut appearance on Talking Footy or On the Couch he was wearing shorts. That's right, shorts. Now I wear shorts as often as I can and the only time I've worn them on TV was during my runner up finish on The Football Squadron's Beat the Champ season's handball competition in 1989, or maybe I didn't even wear shorts and instead wore triacetate trackies. Whatever, you don't wear shorts on a talk show for footy.

He assaults people. He assaults walls. He pisses and moans more than Bevo ever has. He's a massive dick.
    The couple of times I've bumped into Clarko he's been pretty friendly and treated groundstaff with respect.

Either way, I hope we get a senior assistant in the off season to assist Bevo.
    $500k extra soft cap next year should help
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Take my like God dammit.

Just for using the word...

Triacetate.

7. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You weren’t better at your chosen profession after a few years having a crack?

Look at the Suns. Have never made finals. They got a Ferrari also.
    GWS were given much more assistance from the AFL in terms of picks, etc. when they started up... they also had the Suns blueprint of what not to do... They very much had the easier path.

Leon has been in the coaching caper for 20+ years and I can't see what fresh ideas he would bring to do our club.

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We don’t need Clarkson.

I'm a little intrigued by this call.. what is your concern with this area?

Post Thanks / Like

GWS were given much more assistance from the AFL in terms of picks, etc. when they started up... they also had the Suns blueprint of what not to do... They very much had the easier path.

Leon has been in the coaching caper for 20+ years and I can't see what fresh ideas he would bring to do our club.
    I don't know if he can come to us but the fact that he has been a coach for so long doesn't mean he isn't refreshing his coaching philosophies and approach.
    GWS used taggers from time to time which isn't the norm with many coaches. I'm sure he has faults but the length of tenure as a coach I don't think should work against him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

We don’t need Clarkson.

I agree about Clarkson, whatever increase to the soft cap would be swallowed up by him.
    Another good assistant coach (senior) is a given and yes a key defender or two should be a priority.

Just on the recruiter and list manager, from a draft perspective we have been hampered in bringing in players over the last two due to the points required for Ugle-Hagan and Darcy so hard to say they've missed the mark.
    I understand we missed all the players we thought might be available with our picks last year but that is going to happen from time to time. Is there anything specific you think puts the recruiting team and list manager under the pump?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I agree about Clarkson, whatever increase to the soft cap would be swallowed up by him.
    Another good assistant coach (senior) is a given and yes a key defender or two should be a priority.

Just on the recruiter and list manager, from a draft perspective we have been hampered in bringing in players over the last two due to the points required for Ugle-Hagan and Darcy so hard to say they've missed the mark.
    I understand we missed all the players we thought might be available with our picks last year but that is going to happen from time to time. Is there anything specific you think puts the recruiting team and list manager under the pump?
    We need a good Football Manager ie: David Noble who make the decisions for the Football Department. Someone who oversees the Assistants/Recruiters/List Managers and is not afraid to make a hard call. This will take pressure of Bevo as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little intrigued by this call.. what is your concern with this area?
    I just reckon all the heat that comes up about our list and the holes gets pointed at Bevo and not Sam.

15. Likes jeemak, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bains on SEN today

Seems we believe we a compromised preseason is one of the contributing factors for our struggles and got us off to a slow start.
    Injuries and surgeries are always a consideration
    Answering Bevo's revelation about conviction from the group Bains mentioned that there have been periods in games when our concentration lacks.
    Loss of experience in the coaching group was mentioned.
    Bains also concedes a loss to the Saints will as good as shot the door on finals this year.

Post Thanks / Like

And also as someone smart, astute and handsome said earlier, he's a bit of a prick.
    "It's over. It's all over."

18. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    And also as someone smart, astute and handsome said earlier, he's a bit of a prick.
    I can't recall getting involved in this discussion, but if you said I have, I bow to your better judgement.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

20. Likes jeemak, EasternWest liked this post