Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
Not a lot wrong in that article.

Defence in midfield is non existent, so tick there. Back six poor this season a tick there as well. We might be able to stem some bleeding if the midfield would work harder, even if they did I have no faith in the backline. It's poor and I'm being soft on them.

Bruce was gone for 12 months, we did nothing to counter that, the result of that Naughton getting put through the wringer each week. There were plenty of secondary rucks on the market in the offseason. We turned our noses up at most and kept Martin on for another season.

Coaching staff, another tick. I've said enough on this. We are not putting the right people around our heard coach or our coach is putting the wrong people a round him. Choosing a friend who has no experience at all leads me to believe that he had finals say in that selection.

Injuries again yes, we have been cruelled by them like previous seasons. Have we done anything to try and improve in this area or are we just saying it's bad luck? I don't know the answer to this, nothing has come out and said we're trying to address it. I still think selecting balanced teams and less experimentation we would have had more W's on the board to counter it but that's another subject.

A lot of peeps getting worked up over the Lewis Young part for and against. Yes we would have been better with him in the team, how anyone can say we wouldn't is playing defence but he wouldn't have changed many results either. The fact that we didn't develop him here and has flourished in a new system is a real eye opener and really disappointing.

This article nailed the 5 small points they raised and if they dug deeper could have put in some more.
That manic pressure we applied in the midfield resulted in so many turnovers. That is no longer there and as such defense is under so much pressure as a result.

We were throwing the ball around and running in waves. Very rarely do you see that this year.

Players have to be accountable for that as well. Bont not being full fit doesn't help. He led by example. Put him out early and get him right for next year with his ankle and shoulder surgery.

Very hard to now expect to turn it around this year but I am sure a change in personnel and players will ensure we will be very competitive again next year.