Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things you've learned v st Kilda round 18 2022

Tell us three things you've learnt tonight.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned v st Kilda round 18 2022

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1) When our midfield pushes back and helps out the defenders we are a vastly better side
    2) Getting through the games with Bruce and Smith should help us for the balance of the season. Both were rusty.
    3) Bont's has an average season by his high standards but that was one of his better efforts.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Bevo cannot perform unless his back is 100% to the wall
    2) Smith's pace is not something we can do without, even Treloar can't match it
    3) Bruce's forward craft hasn't diminished, even if his marking has. Can't wait to see him, Naughton and Marra with Tim in support.

Post Thanks / Like

1. English, Smith and Bruce will be all better for the run.

2. Love Westy's improvement just walk backwards when taking a shot for goal son in case there is a player in a better position.

3.Gardner's spoils are a thing of beauty.

7. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Khamis could be a quality defender. I thought previously he had looked lost as a defender, and more natural as a forward, but tonight he was fantastic. Read the play very well, attacked the ball, defended. Could develop into a good third option.

2. Weightman is still a long way off being reliable. Whether it's playing for free kicks as he did earlier in the year, over running the ball, over running the opposition when attempting to tackle, falling over, dropping easy marks because he does everything at 100 km/hr.... There's a lot I don't like about his game. Obvious talent but he needs some close coaching. I hate how he continually misses tackles because he runs as fast as he can towards the opposition, who side step, and he either falls over or over runs the play. Needs to learn to slow down and use his legs to better support gravity/ turn of direction (see Libba who opens his hips up and creates a wider stance). Cody remains way too upright in his technique which, coupled with speed, results in him always falling over or over running the play.

It's actually poor coaching because he's done it from day one.

3. We have holes everywhere but I hope we land Lobb. Our forwards have mastered the art of being outmarked. It's tiring to watch.
    W00F!

9. Likes azabob, Max469, DOG GOD, Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1 Ratten is a horrible coach

2 Garcia is emphasising the lack of speed in the team by being the only player, outside of Smith that runs with genuine pace.

3 Jamarra has a five goal game in him before the season is out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    1 Ratten is a horrible coach

2 Garcia is emphasising the lack of speed in the team by being the only player, outside of Smith that runs with genuine pace.

3 Jamarra has a five goal game in him before the season is out.
    Smith turned it over a few times, he was spraying to the right it was like his foot was on crooked.
    Despite that his work rate and ability to impact the contest has been sorely missed.
    I watched him closely last night at the game and the work he does without the ball is incredible.
    I pray we can keep him after the new two year extension.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Smith, English and Bruce will be better next week
    2. Khamis is good down back.
    3. Sweet must play.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

1. We are a much better side when we come with the manic pressure.
    2. That zone we played with for the first 3 quarters was elite. Saints could only move across the ground and then turn it over where we could then run in numbers. Playing that type of game is taxing and it was inevitable Saints would get a few back.
    3. Our skill level is still not where it should be. We need Scott playing on the wing to finish off the good work of the mids with his kicking.

Post Thanks / Like

1. When Bailey Dale has a shocking kick, he always follows up to stay in the play to rectify the mistake. I love that about him.
    2. Our backline looks like it will be scored against every time the ball goes there. Keath looks shot. Every time he goes to ground he gets up like he’s massively injured. We need a ready made replacement next year.
    3. Bruce shouldn’t have played, and if it was against Melb or Geel, they would’ve highlighted that more.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

15. Likes Bullies, GVGjr, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    1. When Bailey Dale has a shocking kick, he always follows up to stay in the play to rectify the mistake. I love that about him.
    2. Our backline looks like it will be scored against every time the ball goes there. Keath looks shot. Every time he goes to ground he gets up like he’s massively injured. We need a ready made replacement next year.
    3. Bruce shouldn’t have played, and if it was against Melb or Geel, they would’ve highlighted that more.
    Keath does that thing where he falls over rather than keep his feet so his lack of pace isn’t exposed.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Keath does that thing where he falls over rather than keep his feet so his lack of pace isn’t exposed.
    It just can’t be confidence, or whether due to his injuries last year, he just doesn’t have the confidence in his body. His marking has pretty gone out the window, and as much as I admire him as a player, he’s “beginning” to get that liability feel about his play. I seriously feel we need to be looking for TWO best 22 defenders for next year, because if Keath’s body says that’s it, I feel it’s going to be sudden next year.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

18. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Keath suffered a corked quad. Seems to have had a number of similar injuries this season.

20. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Keath suffered a corked quad. Seems to have had a number of similar injuries this season.
    He even looks injured in the warm ups these days