Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

State Government continues its support as demolition begins

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...olition-begins

State Government continues its support as demolition begins

The Western Bulldogs have marked the start of demolition on the famous EJ Whitten Stand with the announcement of further funding from the State Government.

Minister for Tourism, Sport and Major Events Steve Dimopoulos visited VU Whitten Oval on Saturday to inspect progress of the construction and announce a further $8.2 million investment from the Andrews Labor Government into the second stage of the precinct’s redevelopment.

The Government had already committed $36.6 million for the Stage Two redevelopment to replace ageing facilities and support the growth of the club.

The project will deliver integrated men’s and women’s football program facilities and a new indoor field to support the club’s training and community programs.

“This development will be a game-changer for the Bulldogs and their supporters, with upgraded facilities for staff, players and spectators,” said Minister Dimopoulos.

“We’re upgrading sporting facilities right across the state to ensure greater access and to help level the playing field for all participants.”

The new EJ Whitten Stand will be built with improved seating and facilities for spectators, along with a new function room, administration offices, and space for the club’s Community Foundation to deliver its programs.

The project will also include broadcast quality sports lighting, the refurbishment of the entry building and museum, and a new match day pavilion with a merchandise shop, food and beverages, first aid room and amenities.

“We are continually grateful to the State Government for their generous support of our Whitten Oval precinct redevelopment,” said Bulldogs’ President Kylie Watson-Wheeler.

“The government’s financial contributions have enabled us to realise our dream of a reimagined precinct, which will not only give our elite men’s and women’s teams the most cutting-edge facilities in the competition, but a place for the whole community of the west to enjoy.

“We’re excited to see that demolition has commenced, and we’re looking forward to watching the transformation take place before our eyes.”
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: State Government continues its support as demolition begins

Sedat likes this.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Sedat likes this.
    Only because it is not Geelong
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent news. I was worried we going to splurge our entire cash reserves to fund this $73m project.

As a rough estimate, after state and federal government and AFL contributions at this stage we will probably be contributing about $10m.

6. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did I read that correctly? Is there a quote in there from our President? Does she actually talk?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."