Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I love it when…

I’ve been a bit of a doomer this year and the general vibe around the side has been pretty negative (though justified given expectations). That being said, there are moments each week which regularly bring joy and excitement and this is the thread to highlight your favourite things.

So to kick it off…

I love it when…

- Bailey Dale is running inside 50 with ball in hand. Put it in the book, he’s kicking a goal. Absolute maestro on the run, probably the best I’ve seen in Dogs colours (better than Gilbs?).

- Caleb seemingly runs out of options yet finds a target no one else would ever see with an unbalanced kick off the outside of his boot. Pound for pound one of the most talented Bulldogs ever.

- Toby McLean sucks in another clumsy opponent to rip a high tackle and the subsequent outrage from said opponent. Haven’t seen it this year but hopefully Tobes is clowning the opposition again before long.

I have more but I’ll let others join the fray. The more obscure the better!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I love it when…

Great thread!

When a high ball is coming inside 50 and Naughts is 5m behind a pack. He never doesn’t catch those and it’s always awesome.

Cody Weightman getting a ridiculous free kick from a Dolph Ziggler sell job inside 50, because it’s objectively hilarious and he very rarely misses. Also I’m not really sure how it’s happened but Ginnivan getting all the heat for diving while Cody is out here actually telling the media in prime time interviews exactly what he’s doing and still drawing multiple frees a week might be the first benefit we’ve ever gotten out of being a “small” club.

Josh Bruce. Can’t explain it but he has that charisma about him where you just want the best for him. Also Josh Bruce getting very online to defend Cody after the Dons game last year was as valuable as any on field protection he gave Naughty last year. If only his goals counted.

The media not having any idea what to do with genuine weirdsman Tom Liberatore in interviews. He doesn’t ever make it easy for them and it’s always funny.

Dunks has nailed this goal celebration where he does a high five straight into a point at whoever kicked him the ball. It’s straight out of Top Gun and it rules and I absolutely cannot do it no matter how much I practice.

I reckon I’ve got something for everyone. Who said this team was unlikeable?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I love it when....

- Naughton marks from about 10 deep when he has absolutely no right to. Never seen anyone else do it like he does.

- Libba is hunting around the packs. He's an animal.

- JJ gets the ball and there's space in front of him. You know he'll take it. Fun to watch.

- Cordy plays 2's. Too far?
    W00F!

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Great thread!

When a high ball is coming inside 50 and Naughts is 5m behind a pack. He never doesn’t catch those and it’s always awesome.

Cody Weightman getting a ridiculous free kick from a Dolph Ziggler sell job inside 50, because it’s objectively hilarious and he very rarely misses. Also I’m not really sure how it’s happened but Ginnivan getting all the heat for diving while Cody is out here actually telling the media in prime time interviews exactly what he’s doing and still drawing multiple frees a week might be the first benefit we’ve ever gotten out of being a “small” club.

Josh Bruce. Can’t explain it but he has that charisma about him where you just want the best for him. Also Josh Bruce getting very online to defend Cody after the Dons game last year was as valuable as any on field protection he gave Naughty last year. If only his goals counted.

The media not having any idea what to do with genuine weirdsman Tom Liberatore in interviews. He doesn’t ever make it easy for them and it’s always funny.

Dunks has nailed this goal celebration where he does a high five straight into a point at whoever kicked him the ball. It’s straight out of Top Gun and it rules and I absolutely cannot do it no matter how much I practice.

I reckon I’ve got something for everyone. Who said this team was unlikeable?
    You are made for this thread!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

7. Thanks Happy Days thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When Timmy English kicks an important goal and looks like he is trying really hard to fire up and show some exuberance when it’s really not in his nature.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll contribute a few.

Stefan Martin at every centre bounce. He does this weird thing where he just folds at the waist and his torso is virtually horizontal and his arms hang almost limp. He looks like when someone is learning to animate bodies and they can't keep the appearance of tension when the body is resting.

Tom Liberatore at any point he doesn't have the ball. I just love how in a game of ridiculous athletes he just shuffle runs everywhere.

That thing Caleb Daniel does where he is running backwards with the ball in one hand and will look for options to one side then do this cool direction change that the defender never anticipates.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

10. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love it when...

- Liberatore does one of those no look handballs over his head straight to a team mate.
    - Treloar or Smith put on the jets and run away from their opponents
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Great tread!

I love it when...

Naughty shows just as much exuberance in celebration for a teammate's goal as his own

Rhylee rips the ball away from an opponent we all thought he was tackling

Jacko kicks at right angles from the forward pocket

Chief Keaf gets grumpy

Libba uses the eyes in the back of his head

Baz refuses to go to ground

Bailey Williams is selling candy
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

I love seeing Edd float in front of a pack and leap up to take a chest mark, blocking the forwards from getting access to it

Westy RIP the ball out of someone's hands when they've been tackled because you can actually do that and try to create an opportunity rather than wait for a stoppage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Great tread!

I love it when...

Naughty shows just as much exuberance in celebration for a teammate's goal as his own

Rhylee rips the ball away from an opponent we all thought he was tackling

Jacko kicks at right angles from the forward pocket

Chief Keaf gets grumpy

Libba uses the eyes in the back of his head

Baz refuses to go to ground

Bailey Williams is selling candy
    Beat me to it

Post Thanks / Like

I love it when I'm walking to the ground, excited for what the game may bring. I've done it probably 500 times or more but it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I love it when I'm walking to the ground, excited for what the game may bring. I've done it probably 500 times or more but it never gets old.
    I used to do this hundreds of times too walking up Willy road from Francis street and of course back again after the match. Great memories.
    Last edited by Bulldog4life; 18-07-2022 at 01:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I used to do this hundreds of times too Gg up Willy road from Francis street and of course back again after the match. Great memories.
    Ah lovely. I loved the smells back at the WO.

The Pies, the liniment.

Those old temporary merch stalls out the front with all the badges and scarves.

Getting your ticket clicked.

Watching the reserves.

Ah great days.

18. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Ah lovely. I loved the smells back at the WO.

The Pies, the liniment.

Those old temporary merch stalls out the front with all the badges and scarves.

Getting your ticket clicked.

Watching the reserves.

Ah great days.
    Now that would solve all today's ticket problems.

20. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Besides all the ones above, which are excellent,

I love it when The Bont is 60m out and uses that left leg cannon to kick a 70m drop punt through the middle
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.