Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  81
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things you've learned round 19 v Melbourne 2022

Tell us three things you've learned tonight
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned round 19 v Melbourne 2022

Bump.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. Marra has arrived. I said a few weeks ago when he came back into the side I wanted to see improvement. Each week he's been building, last week v Saints he got involved in ways he hadn't. Tonight he just grew and grew and grew. Tonight is worth 5 games of experience, if not more. So bloody proud and happy for him.

2. When Bont is fit and in that kind of mood, he's the best player in the comp.

3. 3 key forwards works for us. Bruce was putrid, but replace him with Lobb and that looks really dangerous.
    W00F!

4. Likes Bullies, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We are such a mind blowing football club. We can play some of the most inspiring patches of football interspersed and sometimes right along side some of the most unsightly mess masquerading as football you could ever dream of! That second half tonight shows our game plan works against good sides....... But our first half suggests the opposite? Which is true?,Or more importantly how can we influence which is true more often?

2. Despite the group's inconsistency over a long patch, the one thing they rarely do is just throw in the towel. They seem a very resilient bunch. When Melbourne reestablished their almost 4 goal lead in the second, after we'd fought back, I thought we could be in big trouble. Bailey Dale went from a chump to hero during that game. That takes some real inner belief to just keep backing yourself.

3. If Tim English does that for a full season he becomes the best ruckmen in the game, for certain.

6. Likes The bulldog tragician, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I only learned one thing tonight and it's something I know deep down but forget all the time, so often in fact that I've saved the following picture on my phone to look at when I am sad:

44c6b5f4ff20068df1cdc11a3914ba49f556e3ad553fc425f9619b3b06b4dd1b.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I only learned one thing tonight and it's something I know deep down but forget all the time, so often in fact that I've saved the following picture on my phone to look at when I am sad:

44c6b5f4ff20068df1cdc11a3914ba49f556e3ad553fc425f9619b3b06b4dd1b.jpg
    This planet is billions of years old and will be around for billions more after we’re all gone, yet we were here at the very same time Bont blessed us with his presence. I think about that often.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes Boots, Eastdog, merantau, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    This planet is billions of years old and will be around for billions more after we’re all gone, yet we were here at the very same time Bont blessed us with his presence. I think about that often.
    He had 10 possessions (8 contested), 7 clearances and 4 tackles in the last qtr.

11. Likes Bulldog4life, Boots, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why, when I needed you most, you would leave me."

The Bont replied, "During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I Carried You."

Post Thanks / Like

Man it is gonna be a rough week for the “we suck and can’t do anything right” crew

Also just saying but we are 2-0 with Bruce back. I’m sure this will resonate with one poster in particular.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Man it is gonna be a rough week for the “we suck and can’t do anything right” crew

Also just saying but we are 2-0 with Bruce back. I’m sure this will resonate with one poster in particular.
    Yeah, Bruce’s 4 kicks and 2 marks over the last 2 weeks has given us a much needed boost.

I like the bloke and want to see him play well on his return, but not sure there’s much he’s done to assist us winning the last 2 games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yeah, Bruce’s 4 kicks and 2 marks over the last 2 weeks has given us a much needed boost.

I like the bloke and want to see him play well on his return, but not sure there’s much he’s done to assist us winning the last 2 games.
    You were not the particular poster but thank you for underscoring my point.

16. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Hunter theory is gaining traction too HD.

When he doesn’t play, and he’s played during the same day and it’s against Casey we win.

Post Thanks / Like

You were not the particular poster but thank you for underscoring my point.
    I know I wasn’t, but happy you to share your thoughts on how Bruce has helped us win the past 2 weeks? He’s an awesome on-field cheerleader, but he hasn’t gotten near it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I know I wasn’t, but happy you to share your thoughts on how Bruce has helped us win the past 2 weeks? He’s an awesome on-field cheerleader, but he hasn’t gotten near it.
    He hasn’t. That’s the point. That the selection of one guy who does full on nothing can be totally immaterial to the success of the team is what I’m saying.

20. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    1. Marra has arrived. I said a few weeks ago when he came back into the side I wanted to see improvement. Each week he's been building, last week v Saints he got involved in ways he hadn't. Tonight he just grew and grew and grew. Tonight is worth 5 games of experience, if not more. So bloody proud and happy for him.

2. When Bont is fit and in that kind of mood, he's the best player in the comp.

3. 3 key forwards works for us. Bruce was putrid, but replace him with Lobb and that looks really dangerous.
    Sure Bruce is a long way off his best but he gives us structure and provides an option that takes out one of there key defenders. Without him May or Petty go on Marra and bang there goes the five goals.