Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  144
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Always Right Match Committee Round 20 vs Geelong at GMHBA Stadium

Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make after our Round 19 match against Melbourne for our Round 20 match against Geelong at GMHBA on Saturday Night?

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 20 vs Geelong at GMHBA Stadium

Hopefully Treloar is OK.

I'd prefer Hunter to McNeil.

I know Bruce will come up and I agree, but the only argument is that it provides Marra with a lesser opponent and we saw what he did tonight. Maybe we just have to 'live' with Bruce?
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Hopefully Treloar is OK.

I know Bruce will come up and I agree, but the only argument is that it provides Marra with a lesser opponent and we saw what he did tonight. Maybe we just have to 'live' with Bruce?
    In 2020 when he was playing so poorly week after week he was getting bonus points for throwing his weight around and not much else. At some point he has to play a good game. Schache would be crucified for a one kick for the game but for some inventive reasons we will probably tolerate it from Bruce.

Post Thanks / Like

No change *!*!*!*! yeah go dogs
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Likes hujsh, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As you were.

Go dogs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    In 2020 when he was playing so poorly week after week he was getting bonus points for throwing his weight around and not much else. At some point he has to play a good game. Schache would be crucified for a one kick for the game but for some inventive reasons we will probably tolerate it from Bruce.
    I don't disagree. Question is, would opposition just sag off Schache? They tend not to with Bruce. His leadership/ guidance is also far ahead of Schaches.

In raw playing terms I agree, but Schache has had his chances.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't disagree. Question is, would opposition just sag off Schache? They tend not to with Bruce. His leadership/ guidance is also far ahead of Schaches.

Knowing how bad Bruce is performing won't defenders just do that to Bruce? Schache was in decent form before Covid.

Bruce gets a lot of credits for things like leadership and throwing his weight around when he is performing poorly.

Post Thanks / Like

The most compelling evidence for keeping Bruce in the team is the fact that May played on him all night. If Naughton and Marra were not able to take advantage, it wouldn’t be enough. But for now it is. Also, he has just come back from a full knee reco. It is quite likely that he will come good, and if we make the finals, we will need him in form.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

10. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Being cheeky and it won't happen. Darcy in for Bruce.

12. Likes josie, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Being cheeky and it won't happen. Darcy in for Bruce.
    Now we’re talking.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    The most compelling evidence for keeping Bruce in the team is the fact that May played on him all night. If Naughton and Marra were not able to take advantage, it wouldn’t be enough. But for now it is. Also, he has just come back from a full knee reco. It is quite likely that he will come good, and if we make the finals, we will need him in form.
    May played on Naughton for all but the last 10-15min… Naughton got beaten by May, but to say Bruce was on him is factually wrong.

Bruce was on Tomlinson for most parts and didn’t look like getting near it.

15. Likes SquirrelGrip, GVGjr, josie, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Knowing how bad Bruce is performing won't defenders just do that to Bruce? Schache was in decent form before Covid.

Bruce gets a lot of credits for things like leadership and throwing his weight around when he is performing poorly.
    Most likely, at which point then it's encumbent on Bruce to actually hurt them or he goes back to VFL.

If they drop him next week I won't be surprised or annoyed by it. He looks so far off it. I'm just playing devils advocate and I wonder if the MC will decide to persist given the flow on effect his inclusion has.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Most likely, at which point then it's encumbent on Bruce to actually hurt them or he goes back to VFL.

If they drop him next week I won't be surprised or annoyed by it. He looks so far off it. I'm just playing devils advocate and I wonder if the MC will decide to persist given the flow on effect his inclusion has.
    I think we all love what Bruce brings to the team as his passion for his teammates is infectious, but he’s comfortably been our worst player 2 weeks in a row, and based purely on performance we can’t back him in.

The time has come for Bevo to make the call and play Darcy… you know he wants to.

I’m also bringing in O’Brien for Khamis… I like Buku and he had some nice moments in the 2nd half, but he gets caught out of position way too often and playing loose as he does won’t help us against Geelong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I think we all love what Bruce brings to the team as his passion for his teammates is infectious, but he’s comfortably been our worst player 2 weeks in a row, and based purely on performance we can’t back him in.

The time has come for Bevo to make the call and play Darcy… you know he wants to.

I’m also bringing in O’Brien for Khamis… I like Buku and he had some nice moments in the 2nd half, but he gets caught out of position way too often and playing loose as he does won’t help us against Geelong.
    Yeah but also, 2 of our best wins all year (def our best win!)

Bruce will stay. Sum of the parts and all that.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Treloar is OK.

McNeill is under rated. I really like what he brings to the team. Tough, good tackler and has some good skills.

20. Likes Bullies, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post