Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  144
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 20 vs Geelong at GMHBA Stadium

I suspect the pissed off PE teacher needs a week off. Has looked like a battered unit in the last few weeks- very ginger and slow to get himself off the ground on at least half a dozen occasions.

Hopefully English can get a hold Ceglar and *hopefully* we make Stewart accountable. Our forward line could be a real problem to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol

Cordy in just shows how absolutely putrid our KPD ranks are, and if nothing is done for next year then heads need to roll.
    I’m lost for words, but then I’m not.

Farcical.

Cameron and Hawkins will be licking their lips.

Oh and McComb ? FFS
    I will never see #16 the same!!

3. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Cordy hasn’t played a game for the senior team as a defender all season, but is given a run against the best key forward combo in the competition.

Not asking much of him are we?
    Both options are not great, but I'd rather go with the player the MC think can better run the ground and get from contest to contest - Keath just doesn't look right physically and will get destroyed by Hawkins (Cordy probably will too, sigh). We'll need Khamis and Hannan to peel off and chop out, which exposes us to crabs like Rohan getting off the chain. Gardner matches up well on Cameron physically but he doesn't have the smarts. Then there's Dangerfield to take care of, and their 2 smalls Close and Stengle are in white hot form. It's a deadly F50 line-up they have at the moment.
    Last edited by Sedat; 28-07-2022 at 11:56 PM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Both options are not great, but I'd rather go with the player in better form who can more effectively run the ground and get from contest to contest - Keath just doesn't look right physically and will get destroyed by Hawkins (Cordy probably will too, sigh). We'll need Khamis and Hannan to peel off and chop out, which exposes us to crabs like Rohan getting off the chain. Gardner matches up well on Cameron physically but he doesn't have the smarts. Then there's Dangerfield to take care of, and their 2 smalls Close and Stengle are in whote hot form. It's a deadly F50 line-up they have at the moment.
    If Geel win the midfield they’ll kick 20 goals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    If Geel win the midfield they’ll kick 20 goals.
    What's the weather forecast? It's rubbish in Melbourne tonight, so if there's more rain tomorrow it mitigates their aerial advantage somewhat.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the weather forecast? It's rubbish in Melbourne tonight, so if there's more rain tomorrow it mitigates their aerial advantage somewhat.
    It needs to be Torrential

Post Thanks / Like

Cordy has balls so does Cameron, and kicked our first goal in our premiership.

OK by me.
    We live or die by these selections amongst other things.
    Just do not kick it OOB on GMBHA narrow flank or give a free for lack of intent or POQ!

Post Thanks / Like

And what of our fwd line of Naughton, JUH and Bruce? And English around the ground.

I’m not sure cats have an aerial advantage. They do in their fwd line but we’re no mugs.

Post Thanks / Like

Overnight low in Geelong of 1c. Morning frost. Light winds. 10% chance of rain on the surf coast early. Sounds like a still perfect winter night. It could be dewy.

At 8pm the prediction is for it to be 7c with 7km/h winds. So cold. Still. Perfect night for footy.

11. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    And what of our fwd line of Naughton, JUH and Bruce? And English around the ground.

I’m not sure cats have an aerial advantage. They do in their fwd line but we’re no mugs.
    They’ve got Stewart. We don’t have anyone in that caliber unfortunately

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post

Naughts is a competitive bugger and Bruce might go from 3 possessions to 2 as a result of the weather. JUH is quite nimble and looks like he can handle the slop. The rain also negates their rebound marking in D50, whereas we don't possess those weapons at the best of times. I reckon the rain helps us and plays to our strengths to keep it more of a ground ball game.
    Last edited by Sedat; 28-07-2022 at 11:56 PM.

14. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Keath has been going JUST, think it’s irrelevant if it’s him or Cordy. Both are/have been poor this year.

Game will be won in the midfield. English chopping out the defence will be crucial.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta say, as I thought about changes this week, not a single time for even a millisecond did names Cordy or McComb enter my mind.

I reckon I could’ve run the full squad list and still not found a reason or way to get them in. This is intense.

17. Likes DOG GOD, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Lol

Cordy in just shows how absolutely putrid our KPD ranks are, and if nothing is done for next year then heads need to roll.
    I’m lost for words, but then I’m not.

Farcical.

Cameron and Hawkins will be licking their lips.

Oh and McComb ? FFS
    We just beat Melbourne with Keath out of form.......and this is what you come up with?

Good to see you've shaken the COVID off and you're back to your regular self!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

We all know I'm not a Cordy fan, but I agree with Sedat - Keath has been diabolical. I've watched him closely for a while and he's dreadful. It's one of the biggest falls from elite form I've ever seen. He was arguably the best defender in the league for most of last year, and he now rightfully has been dropped from a very undersized, ordinary back half. That speaks volumes. I hope our list management team take note and plan for 2023 without Keath.

Good luck to Cordy.

I wish Bevo would give up his McComb experiment but this is his typical see-it-through for the year case study.

Did TOB sign for 2 years? Hope it wasn't 3.

Good to see Daniel back.
    W00F!

20. Likes Testekill liked this post