Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  144
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 20 vs Geelong at GMHBA Stadium

Daniel should play if fit as his ability to use the ball so effectively is as good as we have.
    The big concern previously against Geelong was the lack of accountability in matching up with players like Cameron and Stewart who were given far too much space and latitude. I doubt whether Bevo will leave out Bruce after two ordinary games.
    A lot of pressure again on English to continue as our sole ruck man. The idea of having our key forwards in Naughton and Bruce is placing too much expectation on their forward roles. Williams may well need to be matched up on Smith to limit his influence.
    I hope Treloar is fit to play as his pace is important to assist our midfield which holds the key to winning at Geelong which will prove to be our most important success this year.

2. Likes MrMahatma, BornInDroopSt'54, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    So boydogs you've done the old trick of bringing two players in but not dropping anyone!
    Williams & JJ maybe
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Daniel should play if fit as his ability to use the ball so effectively is as good as we have.
    The big concern previously against Geelong was the lack of accountability in matching up with players like Cameron and Stewart who were given far too much space and latitude. I doubt whether Bevo will leave out Bruce after two ordinary games.
    A lot of pressure again on English to continue as our sole ruck man. The idea of having our key forwards in Naughton and Bruce is placing too much expectation on their forward roles. Williams may well need to be matched up on Smith to limit his influence.
    I hope Treloar is fit to play as his pace is important to assist our midfield which holds the key to winning at Geelong which will prove to be our most important success this year.
    Can you please expand on what you mean with this statement?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Best in the league in the stats David King had.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Best in the league in the stats David King had.
    I've liked the drive Treloar has given of half back. I wold be happy to see Daniel up forward causing havoc. He reads the ball so well and his finishes are first class. Mix it up and Geelong wont expect it.

7. Likes josie, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    I've liked the drive Treloar has given of half back. I wold be happy to see Daniel up forward causing havoc. He reads the ball so well and his finishes are first class. Mix it up and Geelong wont expect it.
    I think for the past few years our biggest issues have been the ball coming in clean to the fwd line (lots of inside 50s and not proportionately enough shots) and shot accuracy (too many points). This year D50 entries turning into scores is our biggest issue.

I guess we should put the best players in the best spots to help/change those areas of concern. I'd say Daniel is best served delivering into F50 rather than receiving. He's a smart defender also. I'd keep him half back and push Treloar to wing. It's probably McNeil or Hannan who make way. I liked what both brought last week in parts but also haven't focussed on them too much to know if they're doing some parts well and others poorly.

I think Truck stays in and starts to become a bit more of a defensive wing/run with guy. Kept Landon to 13 on the weekend, when he'd had 24 and 21 in previous weeks.

9. Likes GVGjr, Nuggety Back Pocket liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I think for the past few years our biggest issues have been the ball coming in clean to the fwd line (lots of inside 50s and not proportionately enough shots) and shot accuracy (too many points). This year D50 entries turning into scores is our biggest issue.

I guess we should put the best players in the best spots to help/change those areas of concern. I'd say Daniel is best served delivering into F50 rather than receiving. He's a smart defender also. I'd keep him half back and push Treloar to wing. It's probably McNeil or Hannan who make way. I liked what both brought last week in parts but also haven't focussed on them too much to know if they're doing some parts well and others poorly.

I think Truck stays in and starts to become a bit more of a defensive wing/run with guy. Kept Landon to 13 on the weekend, when he'd had 24 and 21 in previous weeks.
    It also why we need Scott on one of the wings as he sets up most of our goals with his ball use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post

You couldn't drop Williams on last weeks form. If not his best game of the year, it was close. Langdon has killed us in the past.
    Changes this week are definitely heavily dependent on the fitness of Treloar, Daniel & Scott. First 2 are easily first 22, but thought McNeil, Williams, Garcia and Hannan were good enough to hold their spots. Maybe Hannan gives way in that scenario, but his ability in the air could be helpful against the Cats.
    The Bruce debate is a valid one, but I'd be surprised if they did a Bruce for Sweet swap or even Martin. Just doesn't seem to be the route they want to go down. Schache in to play a defensive forward game on Stewart, a la Allir in the Prelim last year?

12. Likes Testekill, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From twitter:

Caleb Daniel & Adam Treloar are training today and are expected to play against Geelong.

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs set to bolster backline

The Western Bulldogs could bolster their defensive stocks for Saturday night’s clash against Geelong, with All Australian Caleb Daniel a chance to return to the line-up.

Coach Luke Beveridge indicated Daniel should return to availability following Thursday’s training session, alongside Adam Treloar who was subbed off early in the fourth quarter of last weekend’s win.

“(Caleb) should be available. He’ll train today, but we anticipate he’ll be fine and will head down the highway to play the Cats,” Beveridge told media.

“We think (Adam) will be okay. Again, he’ll train and if there’s any doubt at all we won’t play him, but we think he’ll be fine.”

With Treloar enjoying more time in the backline to help offset the loss of Daniel, Beveridge said he was yet to determine whether Treloar would return to a full-time midfield role.

“It creates a healthy headache for us – our midfield depth has been there for a while, and to now have some depth across that half-back area is good for us,” he said.

“We’ll work through it. The important thing is that they play the phases well together, in whatever roles they are in.

“We have to land that in the right place.”

Beveridge was also pleased with the way Aaron Naughton, Josh Bruce and Jamarra Ugle-Hagan gelled against Melbourne.

“Obviously ‘Marra got the lick of the ice-cream and really stood out as far as hitting the scoreboard,” Beveridge said.

“The other two lads will come into this game wanting more – they probably didn’t achieve what they set out to achieve last week.

“That’s encouraging for us - to kick 110 points with Brucey and even Naughts not being at their absolute best.

“’Marra probably benefitted from what those boys were doing and how hard they worked to get to the areas they were putting themselves in, and also their encouragement and direction.

“That’s not taking away from how impactful ‘Marra was in his own domain, but they’ll help each other. It’ll hopefully make our forward-line a little bit harder to play against.”

The Bulldogs will confirm their round 20 team at 6.20pm AEST tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    From twitter:

Caleb Daniel & Adam Treloar are training today and are expected to play against Geelong.
    Lovely.

I think Bevo/MC will just go with Caleb for McNeil, who becomes sub.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Lovely.

I think Bevo/MC will just go with Caleb for McNeil, who becomes sub.
    Surely you jest.

Post Thanks / Like

Cleary saying Keath dropped
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Keath omitted. Wowsers.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting selection Cordy in for Keath