Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  144
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 20 vs Geelong at GMHBA Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Knowing how bad Bruce is performing won't defenders just do that to Bruce? Schache was in decent form before Covid.

Bruce gets a lot of credits for things like leadership and throwing his weight around when he is performing poorly.

Would you bring in Schache off his performance yesterday?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Would you bring in Schache off his performance yesterday?
    Depends if I thought he could make us better.
    Darcy might offer a point of difference.

I'll never really get the differences in standards we hold some players to. Despite some good football before he got Covid, Schache is being judged on what he did yesterday. Two deplorable weeks from Bruce and it's like we have no other options.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes westbulldog, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Treloar’s calf strain keeps him out I’d bring in Toby Maclean - was good yesterday in vfl and has been good since his return. I hope MC are not tempted to bring in VDM yet. He looked a fair way off and so with West and Garcia playing well he is not needed at present.

5. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    If Treloar’s calf strain keeps him out I’d bring in Toby Maclean - was good yesterday in vfl and has been good since his return. I hope MC are not tempted to bring in VDM yet. He looked a fair way off and so with West and Garcia playing well he is not needed at present.
    Caleb might be back too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Caleb might be back too.
    Yes I was hoping for that. Important piece of the puzzle.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll never really get the differences in standards we hold some players to. Despite some good football before he got Covid, Schache is being judged on what he did yesterday. Two deplorable weeks from Bruce and it's like we have no other options.
    I judge Schache not off one performance but over his whole career. If you can point out one area of improvement in his game since he joined the club id love to know.

Darcy is lengths ahead of him already IMO, the match committee will be tempted,but I expect Bruce will play again.

9. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You are missing the point. As everyone saw in their primary school history class about the Roman Empire, people management cannot be successful without clearly defined good guys and bad guys.

It is not what they do, it’s what they represent. Bruce offers hope for a better future. That’s why woof supporters were demanding his premature return. And he has delivered. We are euphoric.

11. Likes EasternWest, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    You are missing the point. As everyone saw in their primary school history class about the Roman Empire, people management cannot be successful without clearly defined good guys and bad guys.

It is not what they do, it’s what they represent. Bruce offers hope for a better future. That’s why woof supporters were demanding his premature return. And he has delivered. We are euphoric.
    Do find the name "Biggus Dickus" amusing?
    "It's over. It's all over."

13. Likes hujsh, jeemak, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Do find the name "Biggus Dickus" amusing?

Post Thanks / Like

I judge Schache not off one performance but over his whole career. If you can point out one area of improvement in his game since he joined the club id love to know.

Darcy is lengths ahead of him already IMO, the match committee will be tempted,but I expect Bruce will play again.
    When Schache played well on the backline against Adelaide and then moved to the forward line to kick 2 goals in the second half he was dropped from the 22. That was this season so I am sure you remember it. There’s an improvement - good at both ends of the ground.

Two goals in a half is almost as good as 2 disposals in a game, but clearly not quite. (or should I say 5 disposals in 2 games - a record low).

But you have to admit he was the perfect scapegoat for the 1 point loss. Kept the pressure off the underperforming stars.

Post Thanks / Like

Danjul genuine question. Who are your INs and OUTs this week?

Im utterly confused with what your preferred ruck set up is.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Wrong thread. But will throw it out there anyway. Who is making the journey down to Kardina Park next Saturday night? I don't think I have been to a game there for at least a decade now, but have been to many games there on the journey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    When Schache played well on the backline against Adelaide and then moved to the forward line to kick 2 goals in the second half he was dropped from the 22. That was this season so I am sure you remember it. There’s an improvement - good at both ends of the ground.

Two goals in a half is almost as good as 2 disposals in a game, but clearly not quite. (or should I say 5 disposals in 2 games - a record low).

But you have to admit he was the perfect scapegoat for the 1 point loss. Kept the pressure off the underperforming stars.
    Sarcasm aside you have a point re Schache. He does seem to have different standards applied.

I hope we keep him on but it might be better for his career if he was getting regular games somewhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Wrong thread. But will throw it out there anyway. Who is making the journey down to Kardina Park next Saturday night? I don't think I have been to a game there for at least a decade now, but have been to many games there on the journey (I was there for the two incredible comebacks in the West/Grant/Johnson/Smith era but the one that sticks in my mind is seeing Gary Ablett Snr tear us apart in Joyce's last game before he was sacked).
    I was going to, but the cheapest ticket is 60 bucks and I won't give it to those cretins!

20. Likes hujsh, angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't team selection based on putting the best team on the park? If so it should be based more on recent form.
    What we have seen from Bruce so far is that he needs another run at the VFL and to hopefully get ready for a finals series.
    I get many people are content in waiting for Bruce to start and deliver but at the moment Darcy, Schache, O'Brien or even Cordy would offer more than him.

My guess is the selectors will stick with him but they should give this a lot of thought.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"