Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  144
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 20 vs Geelong at GMHBA Stadium

Nathan Brown suggests Bruce should go back with Juh and Naughton firing. I am open to it v Cats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Nathan Brown suggests Bruce should go back with Juh and Naughton firing. I am open to it v Cats.
    It's a decent suggestion if he has the condition to get run around a bit.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's a decent suggestion if he has the condition to get run around a bit.
    That's the VFL backline you guys are talking about right?

We would be a better side with Sweet giving us 5-mins per quarter and sitting on the bench than we are with Josh right now. I know I am not exactly the leader of the JB fan club but he isn't ready right now. It's hard coming back from a knee. I feel no ill-will towards him as it isn't his fault but he is not ready or prepared to play AFL footy.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

5. Likes Mantis, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    but he is not ready or prepared to play AFL footy.
    This is straight truth. Personal feelings about Bruce are irrelevant he's simply not conditioned enough for the big league yet.

I'd almost be tempted to play him in the VFL for the remainder of the season and put him through a 20/21 preseason again and have him fit and ready for next year.
    "It's over. It's all over."

7. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    That's the VFL backline you guys are talking about right?

We would be a better side with Sweet giving us 5-mins per quarter and sitting on the bench than we are with Josh right now. I know I am not exactly the leader of the JB fan club but he isn't ready right now. It's hard coming back from a knee. I feel no ill-will towards him as it isn't his fault but he is not ready or prepared to play AFL footy.
    That's how I see it. We know his best is impressive but he's a long way off it. Is playing him the seniors the best way to achieve that? I don't think so.
    The "he draws a good opponent" logic just doesn't ring true to me. Opposition teams will know that he doesn't need the best or second best defender on him at the moment.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    This is straight truth. Personal feelings about Bruce are irrelevant he's simply not conditioned enough for the big league yet.

I'd almost be tempted to play him in the VFL for the remainder of the season and put him through a 20/21 preseason again and have him fit and ready for next year.
    Agree with this call. I said previously Bruce looked well and truly under done playing in the 2's. Sides will quickly realise they don't need to play their 1 and 2 defenders on him he is so far off it. Wouldn't surprise if opposition leave him as a loose man on our forward line.

10. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Danjul genuine question. Who are your INs and OUTs this week?

Im utterly confused with what your preferred ruck set up is.
    I sat on the wing with a perfect view of the centre bounce. Melbourne got a goal 30 seconds after Bruce first went in for his first ruck contest there. That lifted them to their most dominant plays of the evening. He was a liability last night. I don’t blame him because he was brought in before he was ready.

We all saw the difference between the 2020 and 2021 Bruce. The match committee has obviously decided that the rest of the team can carry him as he runs back into the 2021 form. After all, they did get our only 3 final wins in 5 years without him.

We played Geelong recently and I sat through the middle of the game confidently expecting a win. Geelong couldn’t get back into the game and their lead was evaporating. Then English had a rest and the Cats surged. A repeat of the losses earlier in the year when Cordy was second ruck. The use of fill ins for ruck duty sometimes looks good but is usually damaging. We risked it last night and we have lost games earlier in the year with our selection.

So who should play ruck? Someone who has shown that they can play ruck recently is the obvious answer.

Preferably someone who can get more than 2 possessions and 3 hitouts. In his last game Schache got 12 possessions and 5 hitouts, so he can’t be considered. So it looks like Bruce will get the nod there.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet in for Bruce
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Sweet in for Bruce
    Check the stats from the Footscray game yesterday and let me know if you’re still happy with this call.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Check the stats from the Footscray game yesterday and let me know if you’re still happy with this call.
    Then you'd look at Martin and you've got the same problem really. English plays what? 85 -90% ruck time. Martin can't play anywhere else, Sweet can't seem to clamp down on it either. It's stay with Bruce or go with Schache? I think we'll keep Bruce in the team.

15. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Then you'd look at Martin and you've got the same problem really. English plays what? 85 -90% ruck time. Martin can't play anywhere else, Sweet can't seem to clamp down on it either. It's stay with Bruce or go with Schache? I think we'll keep Bruce in the team.
    Agree that neither Martin or Sweet can play as the 2nd ruck as they offer bugger all as forwards. You can’t have Sweet play as he did last week when he only had 61% TOG… you just can’t.

I’m all in on playing Darcy… no bigger game to debut in and at worst it means his Dad will have to hand over the game calling duties to someone else which is a win for footy fans.

17. Likes chef, Dry Rot, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Caleb might be back too.
    I saw Caleb walking at WO yesterday with some of his friends. They were up the first set of stairs and walking past the coaches box. To my eye he looked like he was walking a bit gingerly. I’m guessing he will not be available for a few more weeks. We’ve missed him. However I think Bailey Dale has become even better in his absence, and has borne the extra responsibility on his shoulders well, so that’s a positive.

Martin looked really good yesterday, including around the ground. If he could only keep that up we might be surprised that talk of his demise is premature.

19. Thanks azabob, BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Agree that neither Martin or Sweet can play as the 2nd ruck as they offer bugger all as forwards. You can’t have Sweet play as he did last week when he only had 61% TOG… you just can’t.

I’m all in on playing Darcy… no bigger game to debut in and at worst it means his Dad will have to hand over the game calling duties to someone else which is a win for footy fans.
    I’d love to see this too. But as I say Martin looked pretty good around the ground yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I saw Caleb walking at WO yesterday with some of his friends. They were up the first set of stairs and walking past the coaches box. To my eye he looked like he was walking a bit gingerly. I’m guessing he will not be available for a few more weeks. We’ve missed him. However I think Bailey Dale has become even better in his absence, and has borne the extra responsibility on his shoulders well, so that’s a positive.

Martin looked really good yesterday, including around the ground. If he could only keep that up we might be surprised that talk of his demise is premature.
    Interesting thanks Josie.

Bevo mentioned this week or next; maybe he was foxing.

Post Thanks / Like

In: Daniel, Darcy

Out: Treloar, Bruce

If Treloar is right to go, it gets a bit tricky. Maybe McNeil moves to the sub and Daniel comes in.