Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  124
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best home and away games I have seen live

I have 2 more games to add...

Round 5, 1985. Footscray defeat Essendon to go the top of the ladder. Great weather, huge crowd at the spiritual home and a huge 7 goal 3rd quarter stamps us a genuine premiership contender.

Round 14, 2009. Western Bulldogs hammer the reigning premiers Hawthorn with an almost perfect 1st half, leading 13.10.88 to 4 points at the long break, before going on to a massive 88 point win.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    A personal favourite of mine was Jarrad Grant ending Josh Bootsma’s career against Carlton in 2013.
    Mercy killing, think of all the unsolicited sexts an emboldened Bootsma would have unleashed on the world.
    "It's over. It's all over."

3. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Round 14, 2009. Western Bulldogs hammer the reigning premiers Hawthorn with an almost perfect 1st half, leading 13.10.88 to 4 points at the long break, before going on to a massive 88 point win.
    That was a ripper. Lake marked everything while holding Buddy goalless. Higgins coming of age. We had a great team in 09.

One from left field: 2008 draw against the Tigers, with Lake's fake corky leaving (somehow) Big Will with the set shot to level the scores at 130 apiece. It wasn't the result we wanted but it was high drama, and set us up as supporters to cheekily claim an 'unbeaten' record through the first eight rounds.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Round 1, 1985. Princes Park. Dogs 142 Carlton 112.
    Debut for Hardie, Daniels and Michael Ford. Harbinger for a good season.
    Beasley kicked 9 on Bruce Doull in Doull's 300th game.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

6. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That was a great win against the eventual premiers
    I think that we were the last team to beat them that year

8. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I think that we were the last team to beat them that year
    We were the last team to beat Melbourne last year too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    We were the last team to beat Melbourne last year too.
    And the last team to lose to them. That must be some sort of record.

11. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post

One from left field: 2008 draw against the Tigers, with Lake's fake corky leaving (somehow) Big Will with the set shot to level the scores at 130 apiece. It wasn't the result we wanted but it was high drama, and set us up as supporters to cheekily claim an 'unbeaten' record through the first eight rounds.
    The highlight was Nathan Brown running around the ground with his fist in the air after the siren thinking that Richmond had won. Actually the real highlight was the look on his face when he realised they hadn't won!

13. Likes Scorlibo, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    I have 2 more games to add...

Round 5, 1985. Footscray defeat Essendon to go the top of the ladder. Great weather, huge crowd at the spiritual home and a huge 7 goal 3rd quarter stamps us a genuine premiership contender.
    I've never heard a louder bulldog crowd than during the third quarter of that game. Apart from the 2016 Grand Final of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Last night’s win against Melbourne was in the top three home and away games I have had the pleasure of seeing in person. Beating our hated rivals, Jamarra coming of age, and coming from behind, it had it all.

In no particular order (it’s like choosing your favourite children), my other two are:

The 2000 Uber-Flood vs undefeated Bombers

https://youtu.be/IdNXJyq8TuE

1984 Simon Beasley intercepts Gubby Allen vs Collingwood

https://youtu.be/9k5rTNZWqZA

What are yours?
    Not wanting to be a killjoy but I have always thought if there is more than a days difference between the sides heading into a clash, in terms of when they last played, then the side with the extra break has a distinct advantage. We ran over them.

Maybe that was a factor in running over those pricks on Sat night?!?! They played on Sunday in Alice Springs, whereas we played on the Friday night at Doglands.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    Not wanting to be a killjoy but I have always thought if there is more than a days difference between the sides heading into a clash, in terms of when they last played, then the side with the extra break has a distinct advantage. We ran over them.

Maybe that was a factor in running over those pricks on Sat night?!?! They played on Sunday in Alice Springs, whereas we played on the Friday night at Doglands.
    You're probably right. Their defensive running in the last dried right up. The opposite of the GF
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

17. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The highlight was Nathan Brown running around the ground with his fist in the air after the siren thinking that Richmond had won. Actually the real highlight was the look on his face when he realised they hadn't won!
    I love how you remember it as him running around the ground celebrating.....he literally raised his arms and then realised he got it wrong.

It was still beautiful.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

19. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That round 5ish game againstAdelaide when Morris made his debut, Griffen looked great and Darcy kicked like 6 and looked like our forward saviour (before doing his knee the next week) got a lot of airtime in our house, as did the Brisbane game where Robbins took the speccy, we had two 9 goal quarters and Mitch Hahn out toughed Voss on the wing.

My favourite though would be the 2016 win against Port over there. Was awesome to watch, Red path was great, Bont kicked an awesome goal in the first and it was a real strong finish.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

21. Likes josie, EasternWest, Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    That round 5ish game againstAdelaide when Morris made his debut, Griffen looked great and Darcy kicked like 6 and looked like our forward saviour (before doing his knee the next week) got a lot of airtime in our house, as did the Brisbane game where Robbins took the speccy, we had two 9 goal quarters and Mitch Hahn out toughed Voss on the wing.

My favourite though would be the 2016 win against Port over there. Was awesome to watch, Red path was great, Bont kicked an awesome goal in the first and it was a real strong finish.
    That game against Adelaide was Chris Grant’s 300th I think?

Post Thanks / Like

I remember a game at the "G" v Richmond in the 80s. Jim Edmond kicked 5 in the first quarter and we led by 63 points at half time.

But the 2nd half was a different story. Richmond hit back and they might have even led briefly before we got back on top to record a narrow win.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

24. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post