Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bevo's Experiments - The Backline

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Khamis, Keath, Richards
    Dale, Gardner, Duryea
    Daniel (rolling back in our structure as the rest rotate)
    Williams (cover)

Khamis has made it really hard to pin it down to just six plus one. All probably deserve their spot, with Williams being on thinner ice than he would like to be.

Credit to Beveridge with some ballsy change-ups in lieu of Williams not being great form and some personnel out injured.

2. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Man I did the Sydney day trip today, up at half four and back home at quarter nine.......took me a while to register what this was about.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Man I did the Sydney day trip today, up at half four and back home at quarter nine.......took me a while to register what this was about.
    Argh ive done that to Canberra many a time. I've learnt to go up the night prior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Argh ive done that to Canberra many a time. I've learnt to go up the night prior.
    I considered it very seriously.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Khamis, Keath, Richards
    Dale, Gardner, Duryea
    Daniel (rolling back in our structure as the rest rotate)
    Williams (cover)

Khamis has made it really hard to pin it down to just six plus one. All probably deserve their spot, with Williams being on thinner ice than he would like to be.

Credit to Beveridge with some ballsy change-ups in lieu of Williams not being great form and some personnel out injured.
    Where does that leave Hannan and Treloar?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Where does that leave Hannan and Treloar?
    Treloar goes back to wing/HF/ mid and Hannan is fighting it out with the likes of McNeil, West, Garcia & Khamis for a spot.

Do you see it differently?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Treloar goes back to wing/HF/ mid and Hannan is fighting it out with the likes of McNeil, West, Garcia & Khamis for a spot.

Khamis still lacks awareness down back for mine. That will come with experience but on Saturday Fritsch was able to play off him quite easily and Khamis lost touch a few times. Would have been a good learning experience for Buku. Hannan for mine is under rated with some of the jobs he does.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I think Buku can bring something on our counter attack and actually takes intercept marks but in 3 games as a defender he’s been torched twice. I’d persist with him but his defending needs to improve.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

I like the balance right now. We’ll definitely find a spot for Treloar but I don’t want him in the forward half, I much prefer terrier types like West, Garcia and McNeil getting those roles. Wing/mid is obvious but we also have Scott to slot back in who has been valuable there too. Log jam.

Hannan is back of the queue, imo. No real spot for him forward if we play Marra, Naughton & Bruce. I prefer Khamis’ skill set in defence and with Duryea and Daniel returning, he’s lost his spot. That said, I think he must do lots of team first things that are hard to notice on TV and is the type Bevo wants to go to battle with so I expect we’ll find a spot for him.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

11. Likes GVGjr liked this post