Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  75
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who has witnessed us winning at Kardinia?

I have never considered going there as I go solo and have no GFC mates. We were in front when the siren went last time.

Post Thanks / Like

We have played them at Kardina Park 59 times. We have only won 14 times for a win rate of 23.7%. We have lost the last 10 games against them at the ground by an average of five goals.

Super interesting is that prior to losing those 10 straight we had won five in a row at the ground by an average margin of 11 points with the biggest victory being 18 points.

Hopefully come Saturday we can bring some of that 1998 to 2003 spirit and magic.

Post Thanks / Like

OK I’ll fess up. Hubby and me drove to game at kardinia park vs cats - it must have been the 2001 game. Could hardly see a thing. Fans were so parochial and unfriendly. I think we were standing. Horrible conditions. We were down by 21 points part way through last quarter. So inhospitable hubby and me gave up and drove home with radio on. Scott West turned it on in midfield and Johnno kicked a few and we won. We felt simultaneously elated and guilty about leaving early. We have hardly walked out of an AFL game early since then - maybe two max and only when siren about to blow even if we are being thrashed.

Been to at least 3 or 4 since then and of course every one a loss. Seated but dreadfully windy and wrecked a pair of binoculars in miserable rainy and cold weather one of them. Hate the place. Difficult to navigate, bleak, muddy and none of the attraction of a vfl match where at least you can stand on boundary line close to action and move away from any ferals. Thought about going this week but ticket price I thought was too high and hate to think of cats benefitting from my hard earned.

4. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes SonofScray, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember the two comeback games.

I remember Chris Grant kicking one from the pocket late - I would have been about 10!

It's been a long time between drinks.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

I wont be fooled into this trick question, we never win at Geelong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I remember the two comeback games.

I remember Chris Grant kicking one from the pocket late - I would have been about 10!

It's been a long time between drinks.
    Plough had some success there from 1998-2001. Otherwise it has been very slim pickings at that $300m taxpayer funded pork barrell pissant toy ground with no wings shithole.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    What year was it when we just got over the line due to a goal when Luke Darcy kicked the ball in midair from a boundary throw in and Johnno marked it in the goal square?

My biggest memory is getting into a punch on after the game with some locals in the mid 80s
    They were calling us western suburbs scum and we were calling them sheep *!*!*!*!ing farm boys and it took off from there.
    I had a similar experience during that time.But during the game and no punch on. Just verbal. These 3 block heads were continually calling shorty Daniels a poo jammer. I was standing directly behind them...always an advantage in an altercation. I was giving them heaps at every opportunity. Hand bag side etc etc, running down their team, shouting loudly in their ears after a goal. Always on the attack. I remember as they turned around each time to give me a bit back I would condescendingly say "don't look at me look at the game look at the game"...really irritated them. It was great and we won. Must have been 1985. Ah the good old days.

9. Likes josie, Twodogs, BornInDroopSt'54, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Plough had some success there from 1998-2001. Otherwise it has been very slim pickings at that $300m taxpayer funded pork barrell pissant toy ground with no wings shithole.
    In the stands last year as that cheating, typically big-game-failing floghorn kicked the goal after the siren was nearly the end of me.
    W00F!

11. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I had a similar experience during that time.But during the game and no punch on. Just verbal. These 3 block heads were continually calling shorty Daniels a poo jammer. I was standing directly behind them...always an advantage in an altercation. I was giving them heaps at every opportunity. Hand bag side etc etc, running down their team, shouting loudly in the ears after a goal. Always on the attack. I remember as they turned around each time to give me a bit back I would condescendingly say "don't look at me look at the game look at the game"...really irritated them. It was great and we won. Must have been 1985. Ah the good old days.
    Same game Andrew Bews kicked goal of the year from memory. The one where he took possession of the ball and then left it behind on the ground, went and got it again, and then baulked about 5 separate players before snapping it just out of Michael Ford's reach on the goaline. Was a sensational goal.

What a great year 1985 was, we even beat the filth at Vic Park.

13. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same game Andrew Bews kicked goal of the year from memory. The one where he took possession of the ball and then left it behind on the ground, went and got it again, and then baulked about 5 separate players before snapping it just out of Michael Ford's reach on the goaline. Was a sensational goal.

What a great year 1985 was, we even beat the filth at Vic Park.
    God you have a memory and a half Sedat. I couldn't remember if Ford played that game. Unfortunately I tend to remember the champs of that period. Yes 1985 would have to be my second best year of all time. 2016 the best. Because I went to most games in those years they stand out more than last year.

15. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    God you have a memory and a half Sedat. I couldn't remember if Ford played that game. Unfortunately I tend to remember the champs of that period. Yes 1985 would have to be my second best year of all time. 2016 the best. Because I went to most games in those years they stand out more than last year.
    I was 10. I went to nearly every game that year too. Simon Beasley kicking bags every week. Hawkins running amok on the wing. Brad Hardie reinventing the back pocket position. Seriously tough players across the field with Kennedy, Foster, Edmond, Wallis and McPherson to name a few. Purser was a star and Choco was an elite goal kicking rover. Great team. Great memories. Childhood heroes for me.

Post Thanks / Like

So what your saying is, don't catch the Vline down to Geelong to see the game this weekend?
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I was 10. I went to nearly every game that year too. Simon Beasley kicking bags every week. Hawkins running amok on the wing. Brad Hardie reinventing the back pocket position. Seriously tough players across the field with Kennedy, Foster, Edmond, Wallis and McPherson to name a few. Purser was a star and Choco was an elite goal kicking rover. Great team. Great memories. Childhood heroes for me.
    You forgot Lally kicking 50 goals playing Robin to Beaser's Batman.

Post Thanks / Like

You forgot Lally kicking 50 goals playing Robin to Beaser's Batman.
    What a year he had. 51 goals for a small forward is good going. Pity he had so many injuries after that break out year.

20. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it really Selwood’s 350th this week? How unlucky are we?
    Last edited by I'm Not Bitter Anymore!; 25-07-2022 at 06:38 PM.

22. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post