Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  86
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 21 v Fremantle at Marvel on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I love that he always gets injured.
    I remember the prelim early doors, man he was good. Just need to harness his madness.

2. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Just watching Daniels highlights over his 150 games I'd love to see him forward for a few weeks. With the structure up there now and with JJ out, I think we need to add a little quality going inside 50 with the talent we have there.
    Naughton and JUH agree also
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

The in's this wee are interesting:

Darcy - form has been good and with finals a possibility getting him a game wont be easy so good to see what he can offer. Be interesting where he plays;

Keath - is he a swap for Gardiner or a swap for Khamis? Would he have gotten a game if Gardiner hadn't been injured?

Treloar - fair enough - was missed last week and has been in good form;

McNeil - almost an admission that they got his dropping last week wrong.

In terms of who is out, Khamis to me is the most interesting - he has gone from being praised for his efforts v Melbourne to playing in the 2's after a trip to Geelong where the coach indicated that it wasn't the backline's fault....

Also interesting is who didn't get picked - Hunter and McLean not selected. Are their cards stamped?

5. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    The in's this wee are interesting:

Darcy - form has been good and with finals a possibility getting him a game wont be easy so good to see what he can offer. Be interesting where he plays;

Keath - is he a swap for Gardiner or a swap for Khamis? Would he have gotten a game if Gardiner hadn't been injured?

Treloar - fair enough - was missed last week and has been in good form;

McNeil - almost an admission that they got his dropping last week wrong.

In terms of who is out, Khamis to me is the most interesting - he has gone from being praised for his efforts v Melbourne to playing in the 2's after a trip to Geelong where the coach indicated that it wasn't the backline's fault....

Also interesting is who didn't get picked - Hunter and McLean not selected. Are their cards stamped?
    My take is Darcy for Khamis and Keath for Gardiner.

On Hunter and McLean, maybe. Hopefully McLean stays on the list ahead of say McComb.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not exactly sure what the match-ups will be but forward for Freo will be:

Taberner and Lobb + a bit of the Darcy/Logue combo at times.
    - I'm not sure Khamis is a match up for any of them.

Frederick - who I don't think Khamis is a good match-up for at all - he's all leg speed and up and back.
    Schultz - who is kind of the opposite of an opponent I would want for Khamis - just all physicality and 'smarts' and being annoying and drawing free kicks and tap ons etc.
    Walters - who I think Khamis *could* play on but he is a really smart player who prob needs an experienced defender.

Outside of that, I think you will see resting mids like Mundy, Serong, O'Driscoll (who is back in) and even Tucker and Brayshaw going through there - again, I don't think those resting mid types are the sort of players we want to play Khamis against at this stage of his development. The way they slide from forward to mid constantly and change roles can be tricky for young players and from what I've seen we are trying to use Khamis as a bit of an anchor (eg. vs Fritsch) when he plays back.

I'm prob off-base but I just think with young players when the role isn't clear it's very hard for them to be successful - and to me vs the Freo front half mish-mash it would be very tricky finding a suitable match-up.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

8. Thanks Grantysghost, Happy Days thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough MJP. Makes sense though your analysis scares the sh*t out of me.

Who/where will our Darcy play?

10. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough MJP. Makes sense though your analysis scares the sh*t out of me.

Who/where will our Darcy play?
    How come? Freo aren’t great forward of centre...I just think Khamis needs to play on an oppo mid sizer who is a stay at home forward at this stage...more 3rd tall types than small...

I assume Darcy plays back...prob high-ish vs Lobb.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited to see how our forward line works with Cody, Westie and VDM. Have all 3 played together before?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    I'm excited to see how our forward line works with Cody, Westie and VDM. Have all 3 played together before?
    It's a good question - and after a quick look it doesn't appear so. If all bring some pressure, along with McNeil, Fremantle should find it tough to clear the area. Hopefully they can on the end of some as well, we'll need a good spread of goal kickers to win today.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    Me too our fiery threesome. I don't believe they've been in the ones together before so look out for our tenacious flying midgets.