Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  92
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 22 v GWS Giants at Marvel on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Pack it up now. Just rest the guys with niggles, bring in some who will play bigger roles in 2023 and others to build up trade value. What a disastrous season.
    Hardly worth doing that in my opinion. If there is one or two we've wanted to have another look at then now is the time but we need to finish the season strongly for a few reasons.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

There are not many that can come in and plug holes.

I think Hunter and McClean will come in, and maybe even JJ. Not sure Gardner's issue will be resolved, but I would drop Keath for Gardner.

Out: McNeil, Garcia

Not much else will change.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Out Cordy Bruce Williams, Vandermeer
    In Cleary, Sweet, Khamis, McLean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Did Bevo go as close as he could in endorsing Schache for a recall? If so at who's expense?
    Funnily enough I heard that and thought, yeah Schache isn’t playing against GWS.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Funnily enough I heard that and thought, yeah Schache isn’t playing against GWS.
    Let's face it Coburg are rubbish, so not much competition.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Hardly worth doing that in my opinion. If there is one or two we've wanted to have another look at then now is the time but we need to finish the season strongly for a few reasons.
    For me personally, I only really care about a win against that Orange Team next week. I doubt I'll even watch the final round. By the looks of some of our players last night, they've checked out as well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Urgh you’re probably right and he looked marginally better but he’s definitely lost a bit aerially.

Struggles to get height. Whether that’s timing or the knee no idea.
    He could be a loose man on the forward line and he would still struggle. He looks so far of it. People looking for positives from his goal. He should have been playing 2's until he is ready and confident.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Chris Grant, ultimately.

He's the head of footy and needs to make sure the coaching and list management teams are aligned.
    We need someone like a David Noble who is the best in the business and accountable for the Football Dept.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Ditto. Mentioned something about Coburg being not much chop.

Post Thanks / Like

Schache has had a fork stuck in him, he won't play for us again.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Schache has had a fork stuck in him, he won't play for us again.
    Strange when his last omission was due to covid and he didn't seem to have a typical Schache bad game.

Post Thanks / Like

What are the odds given our form against Freo, but....IF we beat GWS (at Marvel) AND Hawthorn (in our Tasmania graveyard), IF St Kilda lose at least 1 to Brisbane and Sydney (both at Marvel) (our % is currently 6.8 better than StKilda) and IF Carlton lose to both Melbourne and Collingwood (both at the G)(their % is currently 1.7 above ours), then we MIGHT make the 8. But would we just be making up the numbers ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    What are the odds given our form against Freo, but....IF we beat GWS (at Marvel) AND Hawthorn (in our Tasmania graveyard), IF St Kilda lose at least 1 to Brisbane and Sydney (both at Marvel) (our % is currently 6.8 better than StKilda) and IF Carlton lose to both Melbourne and Collingwood (both at the G)(their % is currently 1.7 above ours), then we MIGHT make the 8. But would we just be making up the numbers ?
    Well, we don’t deserve to make the 8, and we would certainly be making up the numbers.
    I did a quick ladder predictor, and if we did make it we would possibly play either Melb, or Bris (Gabba) in the elimination.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Well, we don’t deserve to make the 8, and we would certainly be making up the numbers.
    I did a quick ladder predictor, and if we did make it we would possibly play either Melb, or Bris (Gabba) in the elimination.
    Why wouldn't we deserve it? You win the required games and you are in?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why wouldn't we deserve it? You win the required games and you are in?
    I understand what you’re saying, but imo we don’t deserve it. We have struggled against the rest of the 8 other than the odd game. So, we might deserve our spot based on the games won, but we would be making up the numbers. Our system is broken.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

16. Likes bornadog liked this post