Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  92
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 22 v GWS Giants at Marvel on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I never get the idea someone deserved something in a sporting sense. It's a competition you earn it or you don't.

With the draw the way it's setup you could argue we deserve it having played a draw devised for second spot.
    You are getting my point ie the definition of deserve - which I don't like either in a sporting sense.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Strange when his last omission was due to covid and he didn't seem to have a typical Schache bad game.
    Agree, but I think bevo picking a cooked Bruce in front of him says it all.
    The curse is dead.

4. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Reckon Schache could go somewhere else and get a few more years? Roos? GC? GWS? Heck... I reckon he'd look OK in Freo's fwd line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Reckon Schache could go somewhere else and get a few more years? Roos? GC? GWS? Heck... I reckon he'd look OK in Freo's fwd line.
    As Young is showing at the Blues I'm sure he could eek out a bit more of a career elsewhere
    The curse is dead.

7. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    It depends what your KPI's are for Josh's role, but I could see him easily kicking 35-40 goals in a full season.

Post Thanks / Like

So can I and it galls me. Why didn’t we nurture him after his very good performance against Alir Alir in PF last year?

10. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    So can I and it galls me. Why didn’t we nurture him after his very good performance against Alir Alir in PF last year?
    Because Bevo doesn't back-in players who lack a hard edge.

He can put up with lots of other poor traits, like not being able to kick or run... but he doesn't tolerate players with a flaky intensity.

12. Likes chef, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Because Bevo doesn't back-in players who lack a hard edge.

He can put up with lots of other poor traits, like not being able to kick or run... but he doesn't tolerate players with a flaky intensity.
    and therein lies the problem with Schache. We have commented a number of times on this forum about his intensity and nothing has changed as he has matured.

If he is willing to stay and be second fiddle, then I would keep him just in case of injuries.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Schache has shown improved intensity. When rucking in vfl and if I recall at afl with few games he has played this year I thought his 2nd efforts at ground level pretty good. He needs to show more on top of that. Hoping he is recalled and shows he really wants to succeed. I still think the MC have been harsh considering shocking skills of some of the players being given games for quite a few seasons now.

15. Likes GVGjr, Mantis, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Would be nice to also deny Carlton a place in the finals.
    Good possibility we play Freo if we make it over in WA.

17. Likes Danny the snakeman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    In 2018 and 2019 Schache had something like 40 goals in 25 games. He seemed to be struggling to get selected even then. Only goal less in a few. Big contribution when the team was struggling.

Then Bruce came in with a reputation (justified) and Schache was banished. The fact that Bruce contributed next to nothing in 2020 and was bordering on incompetent at times should have shown Schache that it was time to go. I don’t know why he stayed.

19. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My team

B: Daniel, Gardner, Duryea
    HB: Richards, Darcy, Dale
    C: McLean, Libba, Bedendo
    HF: Dunkley, Jamarra, West
    F: English, Naughton, Weightman
    R: Martin, Bont, Smith
    INT: Treloar, Macrae, Garcia, Khamis

EMG: Schache, Cordy, McNeil, Cleary
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Doc, Khamis misses a week with concussion, Not sure if Duryea is right either.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Doc, Khamis misses a week with concussion, Not sure if Duryea is right either.
    Gardner no certainty to play either.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Toby Greene out for rest of season

24. Likes azabob, hujsh, josie liked this post