Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  92
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 22 v GWS Giants at Marvel on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Hmm, I can't see them doing this at this point of the season?

Seriously if they only think Tim in the guts is an issue against whatever the hell GWS throw in there after the season is pretty much cooked, I'd be really bloody surprised.
    The alternative is Stef playing mostly forward, relieving English in the ruck. Surely that isn't the plan?

The Stef ruck with English forward model did work early last year when Martin was fit. Not what I was expecting but with Bruce not improving fast enough I don't hate the idea of giving it a go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I'm happy to see Hunter and McLean back in. Hunter can be frustrating but he is our most natural wingman we have. McLean is a good pressure player which is something we have lacked of late.
    McLean is out of the 26 altogether.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    He was terrible last week. Didn't even get a touch.

4. Likes Prince Imperial, ratsmac, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how this in going to work. Martin really can't so much outsidenof playing ruck so I guess Tim plays more as a forward and Stef gets the lionshare in the middle. Wonder if it'll happen that way

Post Thanks / Like

Garcia dropped also disappointing.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

7. Likes josie, Dry Rot, EasternWest, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Wonder how close Williams was? He was very ordinary last week.

9. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonder how close Williams was? He was very ordinary last week.
    I thought Cordy was shocking too - always 5 to 10m behind the forward he was on. Always a bullgod but just don’t think he should be in best 22. I know Coburg are struggling but cannot understand why Schache does not get a call up. If he ends up playing well at another club I’ll be an unhappy supporter.

11. Likes Prince Imperial, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Preuss out is a plus. Who will ruck for GWS?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I thought Cordy was shocking too - always 5 to 10m behind the forward he was on. Always a bullgod but just don’t think he should be in best 22. I know Coburg are struggling but cannot understand why Schache does not get a call up. If he ends up playing well at another club I’ll be an unhappy supporter.
    It appears he's come to the end of the road with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I think you are being harsh on Cordy. Fremantle basically waltzed through the our players. A lot of room was also left open for Lobb to lead into.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    My bad, for some reason I thought I saw him as an in
    Last edited by ratsmac; 11-08-2022 at 09:43 PM.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I can't see them doing this at this point of the season?

Seriously if they only think Tim in the guts is an issue against whatever the hell GWS throw in there after the season is pretty much cooked, I'd be really bloody surprised.
    Alternate view but it's exactly what I expect them to do.

"Tim we still have a chance to play in the finals and we need to freshen you up before that. Steph will played 60% of the game in the ruck and we need to find out if he has the run in him in case you miss a final"
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes Scorlibo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will we finally see Tim play more forward?

Where to next with Keath? Has he played his last game at the Kennel?

I'm glad hunter is back even if you are going to trade him no point playing him in the VFL. He is definitely best 22.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Will we finally see Tim play more forward?

Where to next with Keath? Has he played his last game at the Kennel?

I'm glad hunter is back even if you are going to trade him no point playing him in the VFL. He is definitely best 22.
    It's interesting that of all the discussion with the ins and outs Hunter's inclusion isn't making a stronger headline.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    It was either Garcia, West or McNeil. I think we needed someone on the wing, so Hunter comes in
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.