Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  92
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 22 v GWS Giants at Marvel on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You should know it's tongue in cheek and his last 2 weeks have been strong performances. I rate Dunks.
    The question should be more around if we put the games into the likes of Cleary if the boys aren't making the right noises about being with us next year.
    Do you think the mix in the midfield is right G?

Dunkley, Bont, Libba. Macrae are all very one paced.

We get burned when the opposition mids get the smallest break and it seems the seas just part.

Maybe it's our setup but I can't imagine we haven't worked on that.

Smith is the one probably who adds that but he's been off, and Treloar is keeping Duryea out of a spot because Charlie Cameron burned us in one game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post

We get burned when the opposition mids get the smallest break and it seems the seas just part.

Smith is the one probably who adds that but he's been off, and Treloar is keeping Duryea out of a spot because Charlie Cameron burned us in one game.
    The quality is there perhaps just not the defensive mindset when it's required. I think Treloar belongs in the midfield because like Smith he is a POD when compared to Libba, Macrae, Bontempelli and Dunks.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Out:Bevo
    In: Clarkson

Footy is a ruthless game, we need to show some. On paper parts of our list are generational and something to behold.right now it’s genuinely being wasted.
    We have structural/ personnel deficiencies but should replace the coach instead of improving the structural/ personnel deficiencies?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Really? Doc is at a stage of his career where he needs a run to get back into it, and his form wasn't great when he was playing.

When he's ready to go he'll be playing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Really? Doc is at a stage of his career where he needs a run to get back into it, and his form wasn't great when he was playing.

When he's ready to go he'll be playing.
    He's had two weeks in the twos?

Post Thanks / Like

Then he might be ready to go......

Post Thanks / Like

In: Hunter, Duryea, Schache

Out: Bruce, Williams, Garcia

This is, without any doubt, Schache's absolute last chance to make it as an AFL player.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

9. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Went off today after a strong performance in the first half. Same with Khamis.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    In: Hunter, Duryea, Schache

Out: Bruce, Williams, Garcia

This is, without any doubt, Schache's absolute last chance to make it as an AFL player.
    Bruce was better tonight and hit the scoreboard a couple of times. I reckon he's going to stay in much to the chagrin of many.

Schache won't get rewarded for a dominant game against poor opposition, much to the chagrin of many.

12. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruce was better tonight and hit the scoreboard a couple of times. I reckon he's going to stay in much to the chagrin of many.

Schache won't get rewarded for a dominant game against poor opposition, much to the chagrin of many.
    So Bruce goes from scores of 1/10 from his 1st 3 games back to a 2/10 and it’s better? Well I guess it is hey.

He can’t separate from his opponent and his field kicking was extremely poor… but he wasn’t alone there.

14. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Urgh you’re probably right and he looked marginally better but he’s definitely lost a bit aerially.

Struggles to get height. Whether that’s timing or the knee no idea.

16. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have structural/ personnel deficiencies but should replace the coach instead of improving the structural/ personnel deficiencies?
    I think that’s exactly what someone like clarko will do, fresh ideas, and a different way of operating. (Which includes personnel)

Post Thanks / Like

I think that’s exactly what someone like clarko will do, fresh ideas, and a different way of operating. (Which includes personnel)
    To me the question is do we have an average unbalanced list with an amazing coach that pushes them above their capability, or an average coach holding back a super list.

if I really think about it, I can only conclude the former.

We have some generational talent, but the fringe is murky and our defence is held together with gaffer tape! I’m even starting to doubt our mids.

I can’t entertain moving on Bevo.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough.

Noting however, if we bring in Clarko he'll bring his own team en masse and it will mean it's two years in a row with massive coaching upheaval. So with that in mind we need to be prepared for a massive shake up that could result in a step backwards.

Post Thanks / Like

To me the question is do we have an average unbalanced list with an amazing coach that pushes them above their capability, or an average coach holding back a super list.

if I really think about it, I can only conclude the former.

We have some generational talent, but the fringe is murky and our defence is held together with gaffer tape! I’m even starting to doubt our mids.

I can’t entertain moving on Bevo.
    It's hard because we don't know what we don't know, and you can never get a handle on whether our midfield is so good and well coached that they carry the rest of the list, or good but just coached reasonably and sometimes carrying the rest of the team.

There is no doubt we have structural issues that hold us back in both key defenders and genuinely talented and hard mid-sized role players across the ground.