Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  92
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 22 v GWS Giants at Marvel on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    To me the question is do we have an average unbalanced list with an amazing coach that pushes them above their capability, or an average coach holding back a super list.

if I really think about it, I can only conclude the former.

We have some generational talent, but the fringe is murky and our defence is held together with gaffer tape! I’m even starting to doubt our mids.

I can’t entertain moving on Bevo.
    Your logic in the questions you’re asking is very sound. The issue is the coach is the person who has chosen that path of fringe players. Playing certain players more often than not had been mind boggling and outright stubborn in the face of form etc.

It’s certainly not 100% on the hands of Bevo, but it’s bloody close.

I love Bevo for what he’s done and the quality human being he is, but he will be the first to admit embracing change is a great enabler in unlocking potential.

2. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Fair enough.

Noting however, if we bring in Clarko he'll bring his own team en masse and it will mean it's two years in a row with massive coaching upheaval. So with that in mind we need to be prepared for a massive shake up that could result in a step backwards.
    Yes it most certainly could, but the opposite could happen too. Look at Voss and McRae.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Yes it most certainly could, but the opposite could happen too. Look at Voss and McRae.
    Let's just see how things go in September before we start using Carlton and Collingwood as examples of what we should do.

We made a GF last year under ridiculous pressure, and were leading it half way into the third. Our year this year has been shit, but there's genuine reasons for that and for mine it's not quite time to throw the baby out with the bath water just yet.

But if you think calling on a Messiah coach rather than sticking with a Messiah coach is the right thing to do I don't think I will change your mind.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

5. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Out: Webb: I don’t care about the stats cause they’re all quant. Our centre square is a joke. Our clearances are quick dump kicks over the shoulder while the oppo get them out the front to hit up leads. We’ve lost so much momentum in matches again and again by giving up cheap goals from centre clearance. I doubt we’re sacking English, Bont, Libba and Macrae so Webb needs to go.
    Also out: Bruce. Love his passion for the team etc but even he knows he doesn’t deserve to be out there at the moment. It’s embarrassing for all concerned.
    McNeil: Not sure what he offers and him, West, Garcia, Cody = 1 too many low possession small fwds.

In: Schache. If Bruce had the touches he had when in seniors, Bevo would prob give him the B&F.
    Mclean: Always has a crack. Versatile and skilled player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    To me the question is do we have an average unbalanced list with an amazing coach that pushes them above their capability, or an average coach holding back a super list.

if I really think about it, I can only conclude the former.

We have some generational talent, but the fringe is murky and our defence is held together with gaffer tape! I’m even starting to doubt our mids.

I can’t entertain moving on Bevo.
    So who is accountable for the state of the list?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Out: Webb: I don’t care about the stats cause they’re all quant. Our centre square is a joke. Our clearances are quick dump kicks over the shoulder while the oppo get them out the front to hit up leads. We’ve lost so much momentum in matches again and again by giving up cheap goals from centre clearance. I doubt we’re sacking English, Bont, Libba and Macrae so Webb needs to go.
    Also out: Bruce. Love his passion for the team etc but even he knows he doesn’t deserve to be out there at the moment. It’s embarrassing for all concerned.
    McNeil: Not sure what he offers and him, West, Garcia, Cody = 1 too many low possession small fwds.

In: Schache. If Bruce had the touches he had when in seniors, Bevo would prob give him the B&F.
    Mclean: Always has a crack. Versatile and skilled player.
    Interesting call on Webb. Came in late and picked up a midfield that is exhibiting the exact same traits it has over time. It might just be that he knows what he is talking about, like the last guy, but our midfield does and doesn't do what it should when it does and doesn't want to like it always has.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris Grant, ultimately.

He's the head of footy and needs to make sure the coaching and list management teams are aligned.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting call on Webb. Came in late and picked up a midfield that is exhibiting the exact same traits it has over time. It might just be that he knows what he is talking about, like the last guy, but our midfield does and doesn't do what it should when it does and doesn't want to like it always has.
    Or maybe it’s his job to get them to do what they need to?

Or maybe we sack Bont, Macrae, Libba and English?

Cause next season will 100% end in disappointment if nothing drastic changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris Grant, ultimately.

He's the head of footy and needs to make sure the coaching and list management teams are aligned.
    Are they aligned? And if not, what should Grant do about it? Could he employ someone whose role it is to manage the list?

Post Thanks / Like

Are they aligned? And if not, what should Grant do about it? Could he employ someone whose role it is to manage the list?
    Sam Power is list manager and doing a very good job.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Grant, Power, Milesi ultimately. I expect Bevo has a say.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Sam Power is list manager and doing a very good job.
    How is it determined he’s doing a good job?

(I obviously know Power is list manager, I’m just curious as to why every time problems with our list are brought up, Power is pretty much the last guy mentioned as having accountability).

15. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pack it up now. Just rest the guys with niggles, bring in some who will play bigger roles in 2023 and others to build up trade value. What a disastrous season.

Post Thanks / Like

Did Bevo go as close as he could in endorsing Schache for a recall? If so at who's expense?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Did Bevo go as close as he could in endorsing Schache for a recall? If so at who's expense?
    I thought so.

Bruce.