Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  106
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 23 v Hawthorn at UTas Stadium on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post

I like McNeil's pace, pressure & tackling but horrible with the ball & a poor finisher. Would he make a good tagger or back pocket player who i think would be good for someone like a Pickett type?
    Interesting idea. Has McNeil been tried down back?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Next game could be more interesting than it appears.

Luke Beveridge's side needs to end a 14-year winless run against the Hawks in Tassie next Sunday

https://www.afl.com.au/news/817746/t...3-on-the-cards
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

3. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Next game could be more interesting than it appears.

Luke Beveridge's side needs to end a 14-year winless run against the Hawks in Tassie next Sunday

https://www.afl.com.au/news/817746/t...3-on-the-cards
    I was at that game in 2008. Tom Williams had a breakout performance on Buddy Franklin, beating him in several key one-on-one marking contests even though Buddy got 5 dirty Joe the goose cheapies out the back. We smashed them that day and only poor kicking stopped us from getting a big percentage booster. We peaked early that season and ran out of puff by the time finals rolled around, but that performance in Tassie was very powerful.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes Dry Rot, Testekill, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I was at that game in 2008. Tom Williams had a breakout performance on Buddy Franklin, beating him in several key one-on-one marking contests even though Buddy got 5 dirty Joe the goose cheapies out the back. We smashed them that day and only poor kicking stopped us from getting a big percentage booster. We peaked early that season and ran out of puff by the time finals rolled around, but that performance in Tassie was very powerful.
    Murphy took one of the most underrated screamers of all time that game as well. Absolutely pure leap running hard at a contest, knee out into ride position and bounce off the player. Lovely.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Murphy took one of the most underrated screamers of all time that game as well. Absolutely pure leap running hard at a contest, knee out into ride position and bounce off the player. Lovely.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We need good distributors of the football in the back line especially from our running defenders.
    McNeil would need to improve his kicking skills to fit that criteria.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

TBH I'd try VDM down back before McNeill.
    I like McNeill's pressure, it's an underrated aspect of play. Richmond basically won three flags off forward half pressure
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

We need to lock down Bruest and Gunston and that should limit the Hawks scoring opportunities.

Does Duryea need to come in this week to play on Bruest?

Does Gardiner play on Gunston?

Either Keath or Cordy on Koschitzke
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

For VFL watchers is Luke Cleary going to be more Dale Morris or more Bailey Dale?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    For VFL watchers is Luke Cleary going to be more Dale Morris or more Bailey Dale?
    I think more Bailey Dale but not sure he has been given role to lockdown or wear oppo forwards like a glove. He might be able to do so but I think he is more of a distributor & interceptor type from my vfl watching.

Post Thanks / Like

Neither for mine. More defensive than Dale (even though he is good there) and better disposal than Moz. Not as good a mover I think as Dale nor as elite a defender as Moz.

Maybe like a taller Doc?

15. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he will be basically Bailey Williams as a defender last year pre Grand Final shitshow.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

17. Likes azabob, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's an interesting one to raise a question about as I was only talking to another supporter about him and he compared him to Dane Rampe. Soup's Williams comparison might be close to the mark.

FWIW, I don't think he will get close to Morris and he hasn't got Dale's run and hasn't quite shown Dale's penetrating kicking abilities.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

19. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Without Mitch Lewis, I am not too concerned about the Hawks height up forward. Kosi + Serong who is 19yo and 193cm.

Whatever happens with Zaine, I'd bring in either Khamis. Gardner and Darcy to take on the talls.

Post Thanks / Like

Cleary's kicking reminds me of Shane Biggs, not especially damaging and a bit awkward but mostly very effective.

His biggest strength seems to be his decision making, chooses good options.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

22. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest liked this post