Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  106
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 23 v Hawthorn at UTas Stadium on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Please tell me this does not mean McComb will be left on the list for next year. I honestly thought he was never to be seen again once we have had our full list back.
    Nah he's played 13 games which considering he didn't play til round 6 means he has been a regular fixture in the team. If anything there's a non-zero chance he gets upgraded from rookie status to the main list (which hurts me to write)

Post Thanks / Like

VDM better not be infront of West. Now that would be an injustice.

3. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Schache’s game against Adelaide was good. Played back and forward. Kicked as many goals as Naughton. Team highest number of marks. Dropped from the 22.

Then back for 4 games. Played well, got some goals. Team highest number of marks, equal highest and third highest.

Hasn’t looked soft in either the AFL or VFL in the second half of the season.

Hard to drop after that, thank god for Covid protocols.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I can't recall where I have called for Martin to remain (or Bruce to return) so not sure why you are addressing this to me? I simply don't think throwing Darcy forward at this stage is a good move.
    Nope certainly wasn't addressed at you I just leveraged off your post. It was used as an example to highlight just how bat crazy our MC is. Anything and everything is on the table.

I don't think Darcy forward is the go either, but I also didn't think bringing in Martin was a good idea either, but what do I know!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Schache’s game against Adelaide was good. Played back and forward. Kicked as many goals as Naughton. Team highest number of marks. Dropped from the 22.

Then back for 4 games. Played well, got some goals. Team highest number of marks, equal highest and third highest.

Hasn’t looked soft in either the AFL or VFL in the second half of the season.

Hard to drop after that, thank god for Covid protocols.
    Broken record.jpg
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

I'd really love to know WTF Beveirdge sees in McComb.

Best case scenario for me is that this is one of his 12-month love childs that ends up in the wilderness a short time after.

He simply shouldn't be on an AFL list.
    W00F!

8. Likes josie, Bullies, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Best case scenario for me is that this is one of his 12-month love childs that ends up in the wilderness a short time after.

Yeah but we are stuck with them on the list for 12-48 months!!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

My guess is that Bevo sees him as inside midfield depth. We don't have a heap of true inside types, players that will burrow in with a couple hanging off them and feed out, it's really just McLean at VFL level at the moment. I'd say the pecking order is Libba - Bont - Dunks - West - McComb - McLean. Perhaps with Bont running around injured and West playing well up forward Bevo sees McComb as the insurance policy, just spitballing.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

12. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    My guess is that Bevo sees him as inside midfield depth. We don't have a heap of true inside types, players that will burrow in with a couple hanging off them and feed out, it's really just McLean at VFL level at the moment. I'd say the pecking order is Libba - Bont - Dunks - West - McComb - McLean. Perhaps with Bont running around injured and West playing well up forward Bevo sees McComb as the insurance policy, just spitballing.
    Agree. He regularly gets 30 plus disposals in the VFL, so hard to ignore. If his skill level was better, he would be ok.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Agree. He regularly gets 30 plus disposals in the VFL, so hard to ignore. If his skill level was better, he would be ok.
    He is a mature body on base salary, I'm comfortable with him. His kicking is not good but he can get the ball out while an opponent is hanging off him so can be useful.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Yeah but we are stuck with them on the list for 12-48 months!!
    Seriously would rather play one short on the list. Heis awful and wont improve as he is 28 next season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He is a mature body on base salary, I'm comfortable with him. His kicking is not good but he can get the ball out while an opponent is hanging off him so can be useful.
    they don't hang off him they let him get the ball as they know he will butcher it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Mature body kind of implies he has a big body and uses it. He has the former, he doesn't use it.

At 27-28, there are far better options.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Final team

Out: McNeil, West and Martin

In: Bruce, R Smith and Doc

Surprised West out
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

West out this week, saw that coming a mile away. Three tall forwards plus Weightman/West simply hasn’t been working. We probably need to find a way to get him some midfield time in 2023.

20. Likes GVGjr liked this post