Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things you've learned round 20, 2022 v Geelong

Let us know the three things you've learned tonight.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned round 20, 2022 v Geelong

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. We have no leadership. Bont can't do it all.
    2. There are scars from last year and they need to make changes. The therapy room at the club must stay open 24/7.
    3. Could be a blessing not making finals and they have a good hard look with a few home truths.

Not his fault we lost but please no more McComb

4. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    1. We have no leadership. Bont can't do it all.
    2. There are scars from last year and they need to make changes. The therapy room at the club must stay open 24/7.
    3. Could be a blessing not making finals and they have a good hard look with a few home truths.

Not his fault we lost but please no more McComb
    Heard Dunks say this week on a podcast that they not addressed the GF loss. He has not watched a minute of it. They just binned it and moved on. I’m not sure if that is a good thing or not. It was on the backchat podcast with Will Schofield.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Heard Dunks say this week on a podcast that they not addressed the GF loss. He has not watched a minute of it. They just binned it and moved on. I’m not sure if that is a good thing or not. It was on the backchat podcast with Will Schofield.
    I would have thought watching the GF would be good for understanding what went wrong and finding solutions how to fix it. It happened and it sucked and they need to learn. Maybe that is part of the problem.

7. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    I would have thought watching the GF would be good for understanding what went wrong and finding solutions how to fix it. It happened and it sucked and they need to learn. Maybe that is part of the problem.
    I agree. It seems infantile to ignore. As though it was just bad luck, just one of those days. This wasn’t a cruel wayward bounce but something that had to be faced, analysed and recognised. Clearly we haven’t addressed it either mentally or in an adjustment of tactics, personnel and/or positioning.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

9. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. One week is a long time in football for Tim English. He didn't look prepared for a fight this week, maybe thought he'd naturally get on top of the second choice ruckman. Got towelled.

2. De Koning is Naughton's kryptonite

3. Geelong fumble the ball about half as much as we do. One touch pickups make such a difference.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

1. I hate Geelong even more than I thought I could.
    2. I have no idea how to get to Geelong. That is a good thing as I never want to go there anyway.
    3. Geelong are old (9> 30 another 4 x 29) like a Diesel engine - they look strong but are dirty and will eventually run out of puff. Whereas we (13 < under 26) are more like Teslas - look strong at stages, run out of puff but you know there is a future.
    The last point may not be much comfort now but by jingo, by crikey we have much to look forward to.

Note - the ages are based on those that played tonight.

12. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Marra has made huge leaps forward. His game tonight was again really impressive and solid. He's showing signs he can become a complete player, pretty exciting.

2. Our lack of leadership and hardened edge is a real concern. Both now and for the future. We really go to water way too often. I'm not sure how or if it can be improved - this group just doesn't have it.

3. I'm not sure I want us to scrape into finals. We're just not good enough. A lot needs to change, and it can, but a lot needs to change on and off the field if we're going to contend in future years.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

1. We will never beat Geelong at Kardinia Park and I am sick of it
    2. We will never beat Geelong at Kardinia Park and I am sick of it
    3. We will never beat Geelong at Kardinia Park and I am sick of it

Post Thanks / Like

1. Ed Richards is becoming a very good player.
    2. The MC persist in the bewildering selection of players who are clearly not up to it +/or should not be part of our future i.e. Bruce, Cordy, Hannan, JJ and McComb
    3. We need to win the next 3 to make the finals or at least 2 if other results fall our way.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Marra will be an all time great.
    2. Our mids are happy with the narrative they they’re good. They’re surely the worst centre bounce mids in the league. Free pass crew.
    3. I learned long ago McComb gives it back to the oppo when he gets it. FFS I hope Bevo knows.
    4. We can shit the bed.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We’d really benefit from adopting my patented “two goals and a fight” theory. You’re only ever two goals and a punch up away from something special against the tide. We really struggle to halt momentum, or disrupt the opposition once they gain some ascendency. I’d like to see us recognise the fact that the opposition are starting to settle more often, and do something about it. Kick a goal and flip the board to the crowd. Kick another goal and go and grab their milestone man, throw him to the ground and put him in the camel clutch.

2. Umpires have been bullied into submission. They are absolutely terrified to just call it as they see it anymore. Poor blokes get battered from pillar to post by hand wringers in the media and AFL PR team. So preoccupied with the convoluted interpretations of the week, they get easily sucked in to paying stuff that just isn’t there, just in case. See downfield free to Cameron.

3. JUH worked his way back into the game after a good start. Another really important step in his career, a beacon in an otherwise deflating game.

18. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Our bottom 6 were really on display last night and they just weren’t up to in a game that required precision footy end to end.

2 Caleb Daniel and Bailey Smith still
    Adjusting to returning to footy. Plenty of it but way off their best with ball in hand

3. Seeing the development work in the background on tv is so annoying as it solidifies another 50 years of us being one of the only Victorian clubs to have to travel down there to play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I was pretty angry and had some strong opinions during the pre season and early rounds that we never reviewed.

I am still staggered we did not review it.
    More of an In Bruges guy?