Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment: Rnd 20, 2022 vs Geelong

The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's round 20 match against Geelong. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 20, 2022 vs Geelong

I think it all started with that down field free. That damn down field free

Really released the pressure valves and to their credit and our failure Geelong seized the moment from there.

4. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post

Really released the pressure valves and to their credit and our failure Geelong seized the moment from there.
    It did. That goal. Then another straight away from the next centre clearance and they were off to the races. They then kicked some incredible goals from tight angles in what can only be described as a rampage. But it did all start with a fake free with such a harsh penalty being down the field 15m directly in front.

In saying that, we need to be better to hang tough when thing don’t go our way.

Post Thanks / Like

Gary Rohan's second goal out the back in the second quarter. That's when I realised we'd stopped running both ways.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    It did. That goal. Then another straight away from the next centre clearance and they were off to the races. They then kicked some incredible goals from tight angles in what can only be described as a rampage. But it did all start with a fake free with such a harsh penalty being down the field 15m directly in front.

In saying that, we need to be better to hang tough when thing don’t go our way.
    In contrast to the failure to pay a downfield free to Ed in the match earlier this year
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

I turned it off when they got the lead in the first few minutes of the 3rd. We have never chased down Geelong once they have the lead in the whole time I've been watching football. I guess that counts as the 'moment'?

Post Thanks / Like

when Dud Miers kicked a goal from a tight angle on the boundary - if that arse can kick from there then we have no hope.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

We’d started to show signs of falling away in the 2nd, but when aselwood had a word to the umpires at half time, that seemed a big moment.

11. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruce missed a sitter.

Our mids rely on stats more than moments. They *!*!*!*!ed this up. Idiots.

Post Thanks / Like

There were a lot of moments where we made errors that they pounced on and scored from. Good sides do that. West, Daniel and Hannan had some bad moments - but they were not alone. Cordy dropped a mark he should have swallowed. English could have booted the beJesus out of the ball when it was on the ground, but instead tried to toe poke it. They got it and ended up with a goal.

But for me the JJ miss was the start of the downslide. They really went to town on us after that.

Big three weeks coming up. Chance to make history should be the theme. Make history first, then a whole new scenario unfolds.

Making the finals represents, strange as it may seem, a step forward for the Club and is so important for our younger players like Jamarra, Garcia, West, Buku, Richards.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll go a positive one, not match defining but my fav - when Garcia had a crack at Selwood in the second quarter. Totally unprovoked - just some aggression and intensity on display and I loved it

Didn’t turn the game back our way unfortunately

15. Thanks SonofScray thanked for this post
    Likes merantau, josie, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I’ll go a positive one, not match defining but my fav - when Garcia had a crack at Selwood in the second quarter. Totally unprovoked - just some aggression and intensity on display and I loved it

Didn’t turn the game back our way unfortunately
    Good one Ashmac. Was it Garcia who responded (bit later Bruce) after Cody was felled inQ4 too? Garcia’s got the RWB guts and grit we need. Too little of it on show last night after Q1.

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong adjusting to our centre bounce setup after half time.
    Bevo mentioned it in the press conference. I need to watch it back to see what they did but clearly that's the catalyst for their win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Geelong adjusting to our centre bounce setup after half time.
    Bevo mentioned it in the press conference. I need to watch it back to see what they did but clearly that's the catalyst for their win.
    Bevo also said that it was Dangerfield who was the man made it happen for them. He was the main influence from Bevo's perspective in that 3rd quarter.

19. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post

After that goal the tv caught Cameron, Smith and others giggling like school girls knowing they got away with that free.

21. Likes MrMahatma liked this post