Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  153
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Delistings and Retirements 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Sydney Stack, very very silly.
    Caught drink driving while unlicensed, in an unregistered car.
    I guess we can snuff out any chance of mid season draft pick up now. Sad story for a guy so talented.
    Incredible fall from grace. Legit thought he was the next big thing had everything at his feet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Sydney Stack, very very silly.
    Caught drink driving while unlicensed, in an unregistered car.
    I guess we can snuff out any chance of mid season draft pick up now. Sad story for a guy so talented.
    I dunno. More and more it's clear performance trumps all. Fagan and Clarkson have powered through all the allegations against them. If he has a banger year and does an interview about how much he's matured now he's a decent chance to be picked up (and I wouldn't begrudge him if he can get things right in his life TBH)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I dunno. More and more it's clear performance trumps all. Fagan and Clarkson have powered through all the allegations against them. If he has a banger year and does an interview about how much he's matured now he's a decent chance to be picked up (and I wouldn't begrudge him if he can get things right in his life TBH)
    It's a very serious set of charges so not easily overlooked by clubs purely on the fit of sponsorship.
    Is he currently linked to any state league team?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's a very serious set of charges so not easily overlooked by clubs purely on the fit of sponsorship.
    Is he currently linked to any state league team?
    Was reportedly set to rejoin his old WAFL club Perth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Was reportedly set to rejoin his old WAFL club Perth.
    That might help him impress some clubs.

Post Thanks / Like

Paul Seedsman appears to be out of contention this year with concussion effects.

Post Thanks / Like

Liam Stocker has been signed as SSP by the Saints. I like him and hope they support his mental health and get him back to playing good footy. Can see him playing regularly for them this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Latest list of train-on players ahead of supplemental selection period deadline

From Code Sports

With the deadline brought forward this year, clubs only have a week remaining to fill any list vacancies. DANIEL CHERNY has the latest news on who is in the mix for an AFL call-up.

Carlton appears to have resisted the urge to invite players to audition for a late list berth following Zac Williams’ season-ending knee injury.

The Blues do not currently have a list spot but could create a vacancy after dashing defender Williams ruptured his ACL at training last week, ruling him out for the entirety of 2023.

Clubs have until next Wednesday (February 15) to add players to their lists via the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP) mechanism, with the deadline brought forward from March following pushback from state league clubs who complained the system was overly disruptive.

However an AFL memo to clubs this week detailing the full list of current train-on players shows that Carlton has not invited anyone to train. While the Blues could conceivably sign a player who has not trained with them, they may decide to keep their powder dry until the mid-season draft, which is the next opportunity to fill spots.

arlton has been linked to former Gold Coast and Richmond defender Oleg Markov, who had been training at Collingwood before the Pies chose West Adelaide tall Oscar Steene to complete their 2023 list.

The Pies’ decision to take Steene and Gold Coast’s call to sign Frankston forward Brodie McLaughlin has whittled down the list of train-on players heading into the final week before the deadline.

Only six clubs currently have formal train-on players.

East Fremantle’s versatile Jack Cleaver remains the only additional player training at Essendon. The Bombers – who have a vacancy after teenager Jayden Davey was placed on the inactive list – had trialled several other players through the pre-season.

Fremantle still has two players vying for one position, with tall Liam Serong from Gippsland and Perth forward Sam Stubbs continuing to train at the Dockers.

Former Collingwood midfielder Callum Brown is training with Hawthorn ahead of the deadline as part of a plan for several Box Hill players to join the AFL Hawks during their pre-season. Hawthorn has one list spot.

Ex-Port Adelaide-listed player Trent Burgoyne and Frankston key defender Kye Turner remain train-ons at Melbourne, with one spot open.

Delisted Geelong midfielder Quinton Narkle, who has worked hard on his fitness in recent months, and country tall Kaelan Bradtke are both still with Richmond, who has one opening.

And Carlton VFL tall Anthony Caminiti is training with St Kilda in a bid to secure the final spot on the Saints’ list after Ross Lyon’s side was hit with a host of injuries to big men.

Liam Shiels, Oskar Baker, Jed Anderson, Mark Keane, Tyler Brown and Liam Stocker are among those who have already been added to lists this summer via the SSP mechanism.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton have now got Markov training with them as a replacement option for Williams.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Carlton have now got Markov training with them as a replacement option for Williams.
    I don’t watch a lot of other games but when I did see Markov play I thought he was ok. I guess the fact 17 clubs didn’t choose the remaining available players says a bit though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Big turnaround in 24 hours, Markov back to Collingwood as a rookie
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Big turnaround in 24 hours, Markov back to Collingwood as a rookie
    An "up yours" from the Pies to the Blues?

I like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton have acted quickly

Carlton have added ruckman Hudson O’Keefe to their rookie list via the Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period.

O’Keefe was the number one ruckman for Vic Metro in last year’s Under-18 National Championships and averaged nine disposals and 22 hitouts from 11 matches with the Oakleigh Chargers in 2022.

The 202cm prospect had been training with Essendon this summer but the Bombers opted not to sign the teenager in late January.

Post Thanks / Like

Smart move by them.