Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  153
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Delistings and Retirements 2022

Zac Langdon anyone? Cut with a year to go on his contract. He may be willing to relocate to keep his AFL career alive. He had a strong first season at GWS and would fill a specific need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Zac Langdon anyone? Cut with a year to go on his contract. He may be willing to relocate to keep his AFL career alive. He had a strong first season at GWS and would fill a specific need.
    Does he get enough of the ball Swoop?
    I remember the impression he made in his first season but he dropped off after that.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Was a very good year. But 11 goals in 35 games since. The best argument is that in a strong side he’s a handy player. The counter argument is 11 goals in 35 games and paid out to leave early. I was very interested in him when his name was up for trade a couple of years ago. I wonder what’s happened to his game?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Does he get enough of the ball Swoop?
    I remember the impression he made in his first season but he dropped off after that.
    He probably doesn't but it would be worth investigating if there was a reason for the discrepancy between first season and the rest.

If we're set on picking up a DFA the options include Langdon, Narkle, Stack, and Rowe. Who would you prefer?

5. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He probably doesn't but it would be worth investigating if there was a reason for the discrepancy between first season and the rest.

If we're set on picking up a DFA the options include Langdon, Narkle, Stack, and Rowe. Who would you prefer?
    I could live with Rowe and I can see potential in Stack or Narkle but none of them are must haves.
    I can't quite work out how to best use this option.

7. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Langdon is ok but I think he is basically another Hannan (good all round forward who isn't really a crumbing/opportunist type).
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how disappointed people here will be if/when Bruce starts forward with Naughton and Lobb instead of Jamarra?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I wonder how disappointed people here will be if/when Bruce starts forward with Naughton and Lobb instead of Jamarra?
    I would assume that would be a decision based on form so I can live with it.

Post Thanks / Like

If that happens, I don't think it would be for long
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce needs to be jettisoned.

Post Thanks / Like

Marra improved a lot last year but hes a 3rd year tall that missed a year of footy.

Bruce was bad last year but he has a proven track record as a key forward and was a big part of our success in 2021.

I think a combo of possibly too high expectations on Marra and too low expectations of Bruce are skewing things a bit here. It think it's a good chance of happening. 50/50

Post Thanks / Like

Marra improved a lot last year but hes a 3rd year tall that missed a year of footy.

Bruce was bad last year but he has a proven track record as a key forward and was a big part of our success in 2021.

I think a combo of possibly too high expectations on Marra and too low expectations of Bruce are skewing things a bit here. It think it's a good chance of happening. 50/50
    Bruce never really had a chance last year, we really botched him coming back into the side.
    I'm open to see how we use him as there are advantages of him playing at either end of the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Bruce never really had a chance last year, we really botched him coming back into the side.
    I'm open to see how we use him as there are advantages of him playing at either end of the ground.
    He's the new Schache.

*Danjul has entered the chat*

Post Thanks / Like

Marra will light it up, we need to forget Bruce I think he's cooked.
    Considering our forward depth im really surprised we didn't move him on.
    I guess it was between he and Schache, Melbourne asked the question of both.

Post Thanks / Like

Marra to the wing? Just about everyone else has been thrown up in the wings thread so why not!

18. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post