Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  153
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Delistings and Retirements 2022

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Ben McEvoy is retiring at seasons end.

His last game will be against us in round 23.
    Nick Riewoldt fairly and squarely put shit on Baines when talking about the decision to move McEvoy on from the Saints:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tea...61bb67fbcb7199

“He didn’t leave, the club traded him. At the time it felt like the people in charge making those decisions were saying, ‘look how clever we are. Let’s trade this bloke and this bloke and we’ll get in some picks, we’ll show how clever we are with recruiting’,” Riewoldt said.

“You've got to get your picks right, and they didn’t ... it was mind boggling, and still is.

“He’s been a superstar and it he was still at St Kilda — a bit of a void of leadership is the criticism at times — he would’ve been perfect.

“But good luck to him, he’s gone on to great things.”
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He also sets little people on fire for a laugh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Nick Riewoldt fairly and squarely put shit on Baines when talking about the decision to move McEvoy on from the Saints:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tea...61bb67fbcb7199

“He didn’t leave, the club traded him. At the time it felt like the people in charge making those decisions were saying, ‘look how clever we are. Let’s trade this bloke and this bloke and we’ll get in some picks, we’ll show how clever we are with recruiting’,” Riewoldt said.

“You've got to get your picks right, and they didn’t ... it was mind boggling, and still is.

“He’s been a superstar and it he was still at St Kilda — a bit of a void of leadership is the criticism at times — he would’ve been perfect.

“But good luck to him, he’s gone on to great things.”
    I think Baines has learnt a lot from his time at St Kilda. I would suggest that being 'clever' would be a generous way to describe recruiting whilst he was in charge.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I think Baines has learnt a lot from his time at St Kilda. I would suggest that being 'clever' would be a generous way to describe recruiting whilst he was in charge.
    Kind of like how we traded Lake out. We certainly blinked that day.

Back onto St.Kilda they seem to have not really improved since Baines departure.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Kind of like how we traded Lake out. We certainly blinked that day.

Back onto St.Kilda they seem to have not really improved since Baines departure.
    Clark and Coffield over Naughton was after he left wasn't it?
    I still think they're going nowhere until they can draft & develop their own stars. Marshall and King and.... is that it? Steele was a GWS boy
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Clark and Coffield over Naughton was after he left wasn't it?
    I still think they're going nowhere until they can draft & develop their own stars. Marshall and King and.... is that it? Steele was a GWS boy
    Agree with this 100%.

They have a lot of players from other clubs.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

8. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt de Boer has announced his retirement

The 32-year-old former Fremantle rookie draft selection has called time after 223 games which included 138 for the Dockers and 85 for the Giants.

“The GIANTS organisation and its people are truly a special place and have had a profound impact on not only me but my wife, family and friends,” de Boer said in a statement.

“My heart is unequivocally full of gratitude and love for the friendships, memories and opportunities that playing in the AFL has availed me.

“I’d particularly like to thank Leon Cameron for believing in me and challenging me always to be the best version of myself.

“I’d also like to thank the Fremantle Dockers for first recruiting me and, in particular, Mark Harvey and Ross Lyon for teaching me the abnormal effort and football IQ required to perform at the highest level.”
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

10. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Class act De Boer - in terms of that statement - gave it everything he had, and what a sensational career it led to

12. Likes GVGjr, azabob, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Matt de Boer has announced his retirement

The 32-year-old former Fremantle rookie draft selection has called time after 223 games which included 138 for the Dockers and 85 for the Giants.

“The GIANTS organisation and its people are truly a special place and have had a profound impact on not only me but my wife, family and friends,” de Boer said in a statement.

“My heart is unequivocally full of gratitude and love for the friendships, memories and opportunities that playing in the AFL has availed me.

“I’d particularly like to thank Leon Cameron for believing in me and challenging me always to be the best version of myself.

“I’d also like to thank the Fremantle Dockers for first recruiting me and, in particular, Mark Harvey and Ross Lyon for teaching me the abnormal effort and football IQ required to perform at the highest level.”
    My kinda guy. Not overly talented, just worked harder than most. Good career.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Devon Smith announces his retirement after 182 games. Really struggled with injuries in recent times.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Devon Smith announces his retirement after 182 games. Really struggled with injuries in recent times.
    Yep, likely to return to Lara which is a boost for them.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Good riddance. This faux tough prick won't be missed by anyone. Thanks for missing that selfish go for glory shot in the last 5 mins of the 2016 PF, you asshole.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

17. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, EasternWest, jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Good riddance. This faux tough prick won't be missed by anyone. Thanks for missing that selfish go for glory shot in the last 5 mins of the 2016 PF, you asshole.
    Another failed trade by Dodo
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes macca, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gone not soon enough.

21. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard he was a big fan of Kardinia Park too.
    "It's over. It's all over."

23. Likes Sedat liked this post