Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  75
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round twenty one 2022 v Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He played exceptionally yesterday, however, he is completely incapable of moving the footy forward quickly or playing any other role than the one he does. I do really like him but if he's going he's still the one I want to see go.

I was an outlier when it came to Daniel Cross and his "disposal efficiency" and overall contribution to the mix. Perhaps I just have an issue with players who can't kick it quickly.
    He's certainly purely inside but he can score and defensively he's very good.

It's the natural baton change with Liberatore.

He shows leadership too. When we are struggling is sometimes when he's at his best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He's certainly purely inside but he can score and defensively he's very good.

It's the natural baton change with Liberatore.

He shows leadership too. When we are struggling is sometimes when he's at his best.
    But the issue is Libba isn't going anywhere soon. And that's fine with me even though I think he gets a free pass when he's undisciplined with his positioning and too assertive in the middle.

It actually comes down to Josh. Is he OK playing two more years at most in his current role or does he crave a more central/ midfield role? It staggers me that if it isn't money alone that he wouldn't be content with getting mid twenties and kicking a goal a game, to me that's football bliss.

Maybe he just needs his tummy rubbed a bit more like Bevo did in the presser this evening.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    But the issue is Libba isn't going anywhere soon. And that's fine with me even though I think he gets a free pass when he's undisciplined with his positioning and too assertive in the middle.

It actually comes down to Josh. Is he OK playing two more years at most in his current role or does he crave a more central/ midfield role? It staggers me that if it isn't money alone that he wouldn't be content with getting mid twenties and kicking a goal a game, to me that's football bliss.

Maybe he just needs his tummy rubbed a bit more like Bevo did in the presser this evening.
    Libba has slowed noticeably as this year's progressed.

Still amazing.

But next year will probably be the last.

Post Thanks / Like

Still amazing.

Libba will go close to winning Sutton medal this year, after many WOOFERs wrote him off at the start of the year when he had Covid.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Libba will go close to winning Sutton medal this year, after many WOOFERs wrote him off at the start of the year when he had Covid.
    He's been very good.

Even if he does get another contract for 2024 I can see the handover happening to Dunks.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Lobb will never kick that straight again.

2. Macrae limit us because can only play one position.

3. The RoboDog jersey has never been a good jersey.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    1. Lobb will never kick that straight again.

2. Macrae limit us because can only play one position.

3. The RoboDog jersey has never been a good jersey.
    Lobb is running at 61% accuracy
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I was very impressed with Sam Darcy’s positioning…. He lost a few contests because he was out muscled.. that’ll happen…..
    The impact of trading draft picks for points over the last few years is telling…. We looked very slow at times…..players like JJ, Doc and Crozier had pace …. But they are not the future…. I’d give Bedendo a run in the last few weeks..

Many players look banged up… It hasn’t been a good year… I can’t see us winning a final even if we do make it.

10. Likes jeemak, bornadog, Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gohardorgohome View Post
    I was very impressed with Sam Darcy’s positioning…. He lost a few contests because he was out muscled.. that’ll happen…..
    The impact of trading draft picks for points over the last few years is telling…. We looked very slow at times…..players like JJ, Doc and Crozier had pace …. But they are not the future…. I’d give Bedendo a run in the last few weeks..

Many players look banged up… It hasn’t been a good year… I can’t see us winning a final even if we do make it.
    Good post and great to have you back contributing to discussions.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't. I was all in on him.

It was Happy Days that said he was old and slow.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Still amazing.

He's been very good.

Even if he does get another contract for 2024 I can see the handover happening to Dunks.
    Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

Firstly, it was definitely Happy Days who said everything about the demise of Libba. Nobody else did.

I don't see him going past 2024, but it won't be enough to keep Josh on the books unfortunately.

We also need to start transitioning West into the rotations, he'll leave if he doesn't get a promise of some midfield time.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Extra: this team needs more than a tweak. It’s needs leadership on field and it’s needs to be instilled with a TEAM FIRST mentality. Players need to be picked on merit. It can turn around. Look at Collingwood. They are playing as a TEAM. Question is, do we have the ability to turn our ego’s around. ? And how will the impact of losing “Dunkley, Williams, Hunter” have on the playing group if it eventuated ?
    He's 31 years old and is yet another midfielder but would Liam Shiels be of any interest to us short term? He's used to working in midfields as the quality B grader that supports the others, is tough as hell, could provide some leadership and Hawthorn are trying to move to the next generation. If we are going all in one the next two years (Lobb and Jones both being old would indicate this) then could he help? (Obviously assuming we lose atleast Dunkley which opens a spot somewhere)
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

16. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    He's 31 years old and is yet another midfielder but would Liam Shiels be of any interest to us short term? He's used to working in midfields as the quality B grader that supports the others, is tough as hell, could provide some leadership and Hawthorn are trying to move to the next generation. If we are going all in one the next two years (Lobb and Jones both being old would indicate this) then could he help? (Obviously assuming we lose atleast Dunkley which opens a spot somewhere)
    As a replacement for Dunkley he's a decent option and very much the role player you have highlighted. I'd be confident somewhat he would fit in.
    In this instance though I think if we were to lose Dunkley we need to have a serious think if we need to re energize the group via the draft.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

I'm sure you said it in hexadecimal.

Damn.

Can't prove it.

Post Thanks / Like

Not that there’s any possible way to confirm this but pretty sure I said Libba was looking cool and young and definitely shouldn’t feel self conscious about other people he went to uni with achieving more than him given how still young and not finished he is.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -