Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  46
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R22 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It seems he's untouchable for next year.
    If I was a betting man, I reckon tonight changes this. The coteries and those supporters in high places will get very restless. The CEO and captain could also be in the gun.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    If I was a betting man, I reckon tonight changes this. The coteries and those supporters in high places will get very restless. The CEO and captain could also be in the gun.
    If something happens it will happen quick, it's a competitive coaching market at the moment unless Sheedy has Hird ready to take the reigns again.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Essington were a rabble. You could clearly hear a supporter on the TV paying out on them. They looked rudderless, dispirited and frankly, disinterested and disillusioned.

I think they are in deep trouble and have Richmond coming up. Will the players put up a big effort or just go through the motions? Do they want another year of Ben Rutten? Interesting times ahead.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they've wheeled out Sheeds enough times for Rutten to be effective as coach.

They really need to get Sheeds and Hirdy back together because these guys had nothing to do with EFC becoming morally bankrupt and characterless over the last twenty years.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

6. Likes josie, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Agree that's a horror show. Any gains that have made been been washed away.

Wonder what that means for Dunkley. They need to clear deck and bring in some unconditional types.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me, or is every team decidedly average save maybe for Geelong this year?

Or is it like this every year and I just think sides are good if we're beating them and competing at the top with them? Or, is it because footy's a systems game these days and it's harder to tell what good is because what generates a win is less tangible than good players/ superstars grabbing it by the scruff?

If you blocked out the ejaculating from the commentary box in the Sydney/ Collingwood game today, it was actually just OK and overall pretty ordinary in spots.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Is it just me, or is every team decidedly average save maybe for Geelong this year?

Or is it like this every year and I just think sides are good if we're beating them and competing at the top with them? Or, is it because footy's a systems game these days and it's harder to tell what good is because what generates a win is less tangible than good players/ superstars grabbing it by the scruff?

If you blocked out the ejaculating from the commentary box in the Sydney/ Collingwood game today, it was actually just OK and overall pretty ordinary in spots.
    The AFL have managed to ticker with the game so much over the past 10 years, that they have achieved in changing the way the game is played now.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The second half of the year ladder would look very different to the first half, creating the view that the "good sides" are easily beatable and not that good. Melbourne, Carlton and St Kilda dropped off; Sydney, Richmond and Collingwood picked up
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

There's no Rd 23 thread!

Easty!

Lions are a terrible side.

Fagan should be sacked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    There's no Rd 23 thread!

Easty!