Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 21, 2022 vs Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    That ball had a vicious twang on it and went to the defencive side. It typified the crap and ill-considered kicking our forwards have had to put up with all year.

It's been super noticeable at Marvel this year where our forwards are going into space and the ball is put behind them.
    Omg yes.

Seriously I don't know how my wife hasn't left me (or why she actually married me in the first place) but I constantly deride the delivery.
    Its very very rarely to advantage. If I was the coach l I'd be saying "see how you kick it to the defenders? Do that but to our guys".
    Bont is one of the worst. He has no depth control.

Libba is by far the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Omg yes.

Seriously I don't know how my wife hasn't left me (or why she actually married me in the first place) but I constantly deride the delivery.
    Its very very rarely to advantage. If I was the coach l I'd be saying "see how you kick it to the defenders? Do that but to our guys".
    Bont is one of the worst. He has no depth control.

Libba is by far the best.
    Bont goes for kicks mere mortals just can't pull off, and they look great when he does.....and shit when they don't.

He's only going at ~71.5% efficiency this season which is pretty ordinary but again he's taking on a lot of territory on average at ~430m a game, which is pretty amazing given he played much of the first half of the season forward.

What I did see yesterday was signs of the likes of Cody being ignored a few times by our mids and the taller forwards when they had the footy, and it annoyed me. We got away with it once when Marra kicked it deep and ignored a perfect small forward lead from Cody, but didn't many other times.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

For me the moment was the Keath brush off that was deemed high. Poor kick put him under pressure and he brushes the freo guy off and gets pinged. Ironic that a similar free doen the other end was missed.

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Healthy debate about Bont’s kick and whether forwards ran to right spots. Thanks GG, Jeemak, JazzaD, BTrag. Informative and sometimes illuminating to read posts from those that have played or watched and analysed the game longer then others. That’s why I love woof.

What I’ve noticed is, as Jeemak said, Cody leading multiple times and twisting his oppo player inside out and being ignored. I think the really good forwards lead multiple times, twisting oppo player inside out and working with their fellow forwards more cohesively (Geelong, Richmond) than we do. Perhaps Marra, Naughts, Bruce, Weightman still finding the recipe for working together.

Anyway, back to thread topic. I’m with Westbulldog - when we made no effort to adjust to Freo’s keeping’s off footy and kept playing the zone was my moment.

And off thread again…it annoys me no end that English punches 15 to 20m clear of centre clearance or ball up around ground when we are struggling and oppo often run away with it. If oppo are on top tap it straight down to ground and our mids should play man on man and make it a rugby scrum. Ugly as but make it a scrap where we might be able to match it with them rather than them streaming away and inevitably heading towards an easy, uncongested F50 entry.