Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment: Rnd 21, 2022 vs Fremantle

The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in this afternoon's round 21 match against Fremantle. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 21, 2022 vs Fremantle

Bont's kick in the first to Weightman who marked. Masked a big big problem.

WTF were our three tall forwards doing hoping for a cheapie out the back? Our failure of our forwards to present on multiple occasions slowed our disposal, meaning Freo's defence could cover us easily.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Bont running down the wing and Bruce running back to goal. We wanted it easy today and didn’t want to work for it.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

It was straight after Bruce's goal when O'Driscoll got goal side of Macrae and ran forward.

That quick response really inserted the thought in me that any comeback we could raise would be answered.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes Mutz, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When we refused to man up and allowed Freo to successfully play keepings off for 4 quarters.

7. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It was straight after Bruce's goal when O'Driscoll got goal side of Macrae and ran forward.

That quick response really inserted the thought in me that any comeback we could raise would be answered.
    Again, it started in the centre in that instance and Jacko was caught out ball watching instead of keeping a defencive mindset when it looked like we weren't going to break even due to being too assertive at the resumption of play.

We're a good clearance team, but get overly exposed when we let it out of the centre time and time again. Wouldn't everyone just understand that halving the contest is the starting point, and prioritise not losing centre clearances? It would give us time to roll a number up and use our superior inside ability to grind forward.

It's terrible that we see it time and again.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes SonofScray, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    When we refused to man up and allowed Freo to successfully play keepings off for 4 quarters.
    Well it was for a bit over two quarters, though unfortunately we weren't great when we stopped them from doing that because we wouldn't work back hard enough to get goal side when it looked like we were going to cough the ball up going forward.

Post Thanks / Like

English hitting the post with our first shot on goal was the beginning of a conga line of moments in which every member of the team, except Josh Dunkley and Sam Darcy, participated with gay abandon.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

12. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

Macrae was caught on the overlap there and had no chance of making up the ground as he doesn't have the pace. He was starting on the wing.

Post Thanks / Like

Bont running too far and burning his forwards who had busted their arse leading to space.
    He then proceeded to berate them for not being in the right spot after he took 2 bounces too many.
    Just showed the mindset of the leaders.
    I played as a forward. I would've made sure he knew that wasn't cool man!

15. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Bont running too far and burning his forwards who had busted their arse leading to space.
    He then proceeded to berate them for not being in the right spot after he took 2 bounces too many.

I played as a forward. I would've made sure he knew that wasn't cool man!
    We had a good view of that. Bont was clearly beckoning them to lead forward. Naughton ran back instead.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

17. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    We had a good view of that. Bont was clearly beckoning them to lead forward. Naughton ran back instead.
    Because he'd already run 50 metres full tilt to lead. The pass was on after the second bounce.
    There's nothing worse than a mid going for a glory run and burning you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Because he'd already run 50 metres full tilt to lead. The pass was on after the second bounce.
    There's nothing worse than a mid going for a glory run and burning you.
    You're really pushing this but I don't agree. Yes Naughton and weightman busted their arse to get to the forward line, but they absolutely should have hit up at him.

But also, Bont could see they weren't hitting up and his kick was inexcusable.

I actually would have liked to see one more bounce and long over the top to West in the hot spot.

20. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah in that instance Bont was in the right. Forwards need to look for an angle or spread to open space for each other. Running away from him wasn't doing that and he needed someone to lead at him hard even if that person was ignored in the first place.

I also find it mind boggling that we didn't have running support for him on the inside for him to possibly use to get it to the fat side. Every time Freo got out the back in the second half they had options. We just didn't work hard enough for each other between the arcs today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    You're really pushing this but I don't agree. Yes Naughton and weightman busted their arse to get to the forward line, but they absolutely should have hit up at him.

But also, Bont could see they weren't hitting up and his kick was inexcusable.

I actually would have liked to see one more bounce and long over the top to West in the hot spot.
    Hand on heart it sounds like I'm pushing it but I was just so dissapointed in that play.

When Bont got it, there was no one up ahead. So he ran and it was a thing of beauty.
    Naughton and Weightman were central and both absolutely sprinted to make an option.
    I'm not sure if Marcus didn't see them after the second bounce (I can't remember mightve been the first) but there was space in front of them where the ball should've been put.
    But he bounced it again.
    I love Bont I'm not trying to shoot Bambi but his reaction to that was my biggest issue.
    Of course it's because he bleeds for the team and feels it so much and was super frustrated but I personally felt on that occasion the two forwards did the right thing.