Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  23
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment: Rnd 22, 2022 vs GWS

The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in this afternoon's round 22 match against GWS. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 22, 2022 vs GWS

A game full of moments so I'm going to break the rules and I'm going to raise a few of them from the 4th quarter.
    Bontempelli taking the kick in resonated with me because it seemed to be one of those 'give the ball to me' moments that would lead others. Nothing much special happened but I took it as a sign of his efforts and focus.

That Bont handball to Vandermeer that resulted in the goal to Marra was fantastic reflexes and instinct.

The last moment was late in the game where Dale took that timely mark. It was effectively game set and match from there.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Dale's mark for mine. Having another fine season.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

English's purple patch in the 3rd quarter - goal, CB clearance, score involvement, he caught fire
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Mutz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes G that last quarter had some moments.

The Dale mark, Richards winning a loose ball right at the death in the middle for that last play forward, the clearance from Bont to Vanders to Marra for the only goal of the last, and the will of Libba with a couple of minutes left to get the contested ball and draw a high free.

It was a game of inches.

Credit to the Giants they had a plan and nearly pulled it off. I was pretty proud of our guys how we worked through it. They aren't mugs these guys.

Post Thanks / Like

There were some good moments in the 2nd half. The one I'm going for is Rhylee West ripping the ball out of an opponent's arms, hand balling it out and we got a goal through Williams.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

8. Likes GVGjr, westbulldog, Mutz, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a patch of play in the 3rd when Williams and Smith both backed themselves and nailed goals on the run. Some of those dinky 15m passes were just atrocious, it was great to see them break that mold and kick a bloody goal.

10. Likes merantau, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    There was a patch of play in the 3rd when Williams and Smith both backed themselves and nailed goals on the run. Some of those dinky 15m passes were just atrocious, it was great to see them break that mold and kick a bloody goal.
    Yes reminded me of years gone by at Whitten Oval and the crowd yelling out "Kick the bloody thing".

12. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Some of our blokes are scared to have a shot. If you are within range, just have a shot.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes josie, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    There were some good moments in the 2nd half. The one I'm going for is Rhylee West ripping the ball out of an opponent's arms, hand balling it out and we got a goal through Williams.
    I looked at the replay and West was responsible for the goal that Libba snapped. He got the ball out from a whirlpool of congestion and Libba did the rest.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

16. Likes Testekill, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Dale's mark for mine. Having another fine season.
    Same - this was the final moment as GWS were on the attack
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The reaction to the Naughton goal review - that was when Smith, Williams and English started to dominate

GWS came back but it was a show of strength that nothing was going to stop us
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

20. Likes josie liked this post