Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    actually had Inside info on that one
    And you still let it happen!!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade hypotheticals

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    And you still let it happen!!
    He's not one to interfere, just comment.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes bornadog, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He's not one to interfere, just comment.
    exactly
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

What would people give up for Barrass? Say we have to give up 2 first rounders for him would woofers be prepaid to do it?

Considering we have used a lot of pics in the last 2 drafts on Darcy and Marra, would this set us back longterm?

How would Barrass go in our defensive system right now? Is it as simple as adding a player? MJP raises good points that's for sure.

6. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    What would people give up for Barrass? Say we have to give up 2 first rounders for him would woofers be prepaid to do it?

Considering we have used a lot of pics in the last 2 drafts on Darcy and Marra, would this set us back longterm?

How would Barrass go in our defensive system right now? Is it as simple as adding a player? MJP raises good points that's for sure.
    You know he is contracted till end of 2026

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You know he is contracted till end of 2026
    Not sure why you are being so dismissive?

Contracts don't stop trades occuring.

kruder asks and raises some valid points.

9. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d happily pass on what we get for Dunks. Would love to keep 1 first rounder, but ours might be pick 18 after we catch fire in the next 6 weeks so… maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

No-one loves Tom more than me. He took the intercept mark in 2013 and kicked it to Cam McCarthy who kicked a goal after the siren to ... anyway, I digress.

I just think we MUST DRAFT this year. If we don't, we are going to end up as the team with a whole heap of players 27+ and another whole bunch of players under 22 and NOTHING in the middle.

On an unrelated note, players start becoming consistently useful around 22/23 and peak at 26/27.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

12. Thanks kruder thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, Happy Days, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From my perspective 2 first rounders is a big ask for a defender. I know it's an area we have struggled with but I'm leaning towards no.
    Perhaps if a deal could be struck for 1st and 2nd rounder might change my mind.

I think he is at long odds to be heading out of the Eagles.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    You're aware that after round one the players had to train away from the club and the view from our official arbiter of acceptable playing weights and heights was Young came back well and truly out of condition/ unfit to play, right?

The way you've typed it makes it seem as if round one happened, and then round two and the rest of the season happened immediately afterwards when the reality is there was a two and a half month break between rounds one and two!
    Young got 3 games between round 1 in 2020 and round 16 in 2021. In one of those he had 40% game time (injury, sub, don’t remember). That’s more than one and a half years. Took a long time to get fit.

He has had more games in the last 5 months than in 5 years with the dogs. Our loss.

15. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Young got 3 games between round 1 in 2020 and round 16 in 2021. In one of those he had 40% game time (injury, sub, don’t remember). That’s more than one and a half years. Took a long time to get fit.

He has had more games in the last 5 months than in 5 years with the dogs. Our loss.
    It is possible he realised this is his last chance and knuckled down and worked harder at his new club.

Bevo is the most player focussed coach, he goes into bat for them when many wouldn't so I'm sure he gave Lewis every chance when he was with us.

Glad he's doing well at the Blues.

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually care little about threads going off topic but since I think we can all agree we wont be trading for Young can we move onto a different topic?

Sorry but I am genuinely fatigued by the "Young was mistreated" story line. Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn't. In any case, he's moved on and seems to be happy at Carlton. Can we let bygones be bygones and focus on what might be next instead?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

19. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I usually care little about threads going off topic but since I think we can all agree we wont be trading for Young can we move onto a different topic?

Sorry but I am genuinely fatigued by the "Young was mistreated" story line. Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn't. In any case, he's moved on and seems to be happy at Carlton. Can we let bygones be bygones and focus on what might be next instead?
    Here Here.

Every week we seem to discuss how he went in the game that week and why we should have given him more games.

Post Thanks / Like

I asked about this trade earlier on page 2, when funnily enough cracking shits about Lewis Young being mentioned again.

What about Tim English for Sean Darcy?

English game is built around "being the extra midfielder" and not as a ruck. This means OUR game is also built around it.

If English is poor around the ground (which frankly has been a 50/50 proposition in the second half of 2022) we are disadvantaged in two positions (ruck and the extra midfield number).

Bring in a skilled ruckman, give our midfielders something to work with in the center square and around the ground.

I think Darcy would also add the defensive hardness needed at stoppages.

>>>> Ducks for cover<<<<

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I asked about this trade earlier on page 2, when funnily enough cracking shits about Lewis Young being mentioned again.

What about Tim English for Sean Darcy?

English game is built around "being the extra midfielder" and not as a ruck. This means OUR game is also built around it.

If English is poor around the ground (which frankly has been a 50/50 proposition in the second half of 2022) we are disadvantaged in two positions (ruck and the extra midfield number).

Bring in a skilled ruckman, give our midfielders something to work with in the center square and around the ground.

I think Darcy would also add the defensive hardness needed at stoppages.

>>>> Ducks for cover<<<<
    Darcy has been not good this year though? He's regressed pretty badly, doesn't really offer much between stoppages, and BAD will not miss his waistline. English bodied him in that game against Freo a couple of weeks ago that otherwise didn't happen.

I think he's for the most part a pretty good player and would've been on board at the start of the year (especially after the GF), but now I think English is way past Darcy and I'd want extras.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

23. Likes bornadog liked this post