Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  382
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Finals 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Oh shut up me.
    We need to realise who the Dockers played last week. They ain't coming back from 41 points down against anyone else.

2. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Didn't they flog them in Perth. Cmon Jee!
    I meant that if they were given half a sniff as they have been tonight, in Perth and in a final, Freo would have the crowd behind them and they'd be a much better chance of coming back.

As it stands there's 15K more Collingwood supporters at the ground tonight than there were people at the ground last week.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Haha that is truly funny. When I looked back at the replay, he clearly placed the ball on the ground whilst he was being tackled.

The Kevin Barlett rule that is often not paid because umpires don't get it.

PS: I asked the question originally to Easternwest and he was the only one on WOOF to not answer me
    Be fair, I did ask jeemak to let you know. You should be angry at him if anyone. Nets angry.
    "It's over. It's all over."

5. Likes azabob, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I meant that if they were given half a sniff as they have been tonight, in Perth and in a final, Freo would have the crowd behind them and they'd be a much better chance of coming back.

As it stands there's 15K more Collingwood supporters at the ground tonight than there were people at the ground last week.
    You speaketh sense.

Why are the getting rid of Acres he's a good player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Be fair, I did ask jeemak to let you know. You should be angry at him if anyone. Nets angry.

Post Thanks / Like

You speaketh sense.

Why are the getting rid of Acres he's a good player.
    If we had have maintained more scoreboard pressure in the second half last week and have gotten over the line, Collingwood are playing in a very different game this week.

35K Doggies supporters in the stadium, our midfield giving them trouble because it's been there before, and Collingwood get shakey.

It's such a super tight competition.

Post Thanks / Like

If we had have maintained more scoreboard pressure in the second half last week and have gotten over the line, Collingwood are playing in a very different game this week.

35K Doggies supporters in the stadium, our midfield giving them trouble because it's been there before, and Collingwood get shakey.

It's such a super tight competition.
    It is a strong competition. I think our list is stronger than the Pies
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Their new coach has really galvanised them. Makes you wonder why Essendon would want an experienced coach.

Post Thanks / Like

I think our list is stronger in parts and possibly better overall, but we can't continue to pretend our defenders this year were AFL standard in defending, or that we have the right balance of forwards and midfielders. Structure counts, and when you marry our lack of structure at times with our new coaching set up it's been difficult.

Their new coach has really galvanised them. Makes you wonder why Essendon would want an experienced coach.
    It's because the idiots on the board at EFC have so much influence that only an experienced coach would pass muster with them. Go back to this time last year and Rutten did an amazing job because he got them to a final before he should have, and now he's no good because he didn't get them to a final and is no good.

They didn't improve their list enough, their players played like shit and had nothing in terms of leadership on the field, but the coach was to blame because the board is agitating/ unstable. An experienced coach gives everyone a chance to say it'll be better next year and save their skins for a bit more. Ultimately, it won't matter who they get into the role until Whiskey Nose and all of the acolytes GTFO - which is something I hope never happens.

12. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As an aside, I like how they have replaced an adulterer in Carey with another adulterer and thug in Matthews to make things better and more credible for the Ch7 coverage this evening.

Never change Ch7, never change.

Post Thanks / Like

As an aside, I like how they have replaced an adulterer in Carey with another adulterer and thug in Matthews to make things better and more credible for the Ch7 coverage this evening.

Never change Ch7, never change.
    Sexual assault and domestic abuse a tad worse than adultery in my books.

Post Thanks / Like

McRae has done a fantastic job in getting the pies to a prelim. Who would have thought last year they would be in this position ( apart from Bucks who always had confidence in his own coaching ) ? .

Geez their list is looking strong now! Do they really need Grundy? Cameron looks like his coming on.

They do run hard and maintain good pressure.
    Last edited by macca; 11-09-2022 at 01:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Sexual assault and domestic abuse a tad worse than adultery in my books.
    Don't forget physical assault on the field, but if you're going to step up then you only step up incrementally I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

I think our list is stronger in parts and possibly better overall, but we can't continue to pretend our defenders this year were AFL standard in defending, or that we have the right balance of forwards and midfielders. Structure counts, and when you marry our lack of structure at times with our new coaching set up it's been difficult.

It's because the idiots on the board at EFC have so much influence that only an experienced coach would pass muster with them. Go back to this time last year and Rutten did an amazing job because he got them to a final before he should have, and now he's no good because he didn't get them to a final and is no good.

They didn't improve their list enough, their players played like shit and had nothing in terms of leadership on the field, but the coach was to blame because the board is agitating/ unstable. An experienced coach gives everyone a chance to say it'll be better next year and save their skins for a bit more. Ultimately, it won't matter who they get into the role until Whiskey Nose and all of the acolytes GTFO - which is something I hope never happens.
    We have underachieved this year when compared to the quality of our list and I fully agree that structure counts.
    I just can't grasp why at the end of last season we
    1) Didn't look for a short term option to replace Bruce who kicked 48 goals last season.
    2) Didn't grab a ruck man to replace Martin or at least learn from him this year.
    3) Didn't bolster up our key position defensive options. We brought in O'Brien but he was more or less replacing Wood.

We were awesome for a large part of last year but really dropped back this year and couldn't build momentum. I think we have fallen back in game day tactics and other teams have worked us out.

This year we are probably going to have to go a but harder at rectifying the gaps in the playing list than would otherwise be ideal and we certainly need to have a rethink on some of our game day tactics.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

18. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat, azabob, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have underachieved this year when compared to the quality of our list and I fully agree that structure counts.
    I just can't grasp why at the end of last season we
    1) Didn't look for a short term option to replace Bruce who kicked 48 goals last season.
    2) Didn't grab a ruck man to replace Martin or at least learn from him this year.
    3) Didn't bolster up our key position defensive options. We brought in O'Brien but he was more or less replacing Wood.

We were awesome for a large part of last year but really dropped back this year and couldn't build momentum. I think we have fallen back in game day tactics and other teams have worked us out.

This year we are probably going to have to go a but harder at rectifying the gaps in the playing list than would otherwise be ideal and we certainly need to have a rethink on some of our game day tactics.
    Without filling those spots you mention, and you're not wrong for focusing on them, we still made a GF twelve months ago. And that was after we already knew we needed to fill those spots and putting one of the best finals runs in the modern era together.

We are probably a bit behind tactically and need to adjust, we obviously need a few players, though beside those things our players just need to get their shit together and be adults and accountable. I couldn't be more sick of their shit.