Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  382
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Finals 2022

I hate Geelong. I really hate Geelong. That’s all.

2. Likes Twodogs, Daughter of the West liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am afraid to say can't see Geelong not winning next week
    Tbh I don’t mind this. It has taken Chris Scott ten years to get to this position. Sure they lost to Richmond a few years ago but realistically this is their best chance. It is difficult to win a flag, even Geelong find it challenging with their competitive advantage. It just shows how difficult it is to win a flag and how long it actually takes to build a good team.

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s Selwood I find insufferable. Oh and sour lolly face Cameron (I know he can’t help how he looks so I’m not being fair). To see these two given a premiership medal - ew yuck. And the fact they have an enormous leg up with that horrid home ground. Cannot understand why teams continue to kick long bombs allowing Stewart and co to intercept. Why not scrub the ball in nice and low or try and run and hand pass it in to the F50?

Post Thanks / Like

We should be in prelims.

We should be better than these teams.

Wasted year. Has to be laid at the feet of the coaches.

7. Likes Testekill, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    It’s Selwood I find insufferable. Oh and sour lolly face Cameron (I know he can’t help how he looks so I’m not being fair). To see these two given a premiership medal - ew yuck. And the fact they have an enormous leg up with that horrid home ground. Cannot understand why teams continue to kick long bombs allowing Stewart and co to intercept. Why not scrub the ball in nice and low or try and run and hand pass it in to the F50?
    Selwood has 3 already. It's the likes of Cameron (as you said) and Rohan that would be joining the list of premiership players

9. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    We should be in prelims.
    Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Brisbane deserved to make it. 2nd half vs Melbourne was amazing...when it mattered, they delivered.

I thought they had a reasonable crack last night but - despite the commentators making it sound easy (just even up ahead of the ball or lower your eyes...duh) it isn't easy. There's a reason the elite interceptors in the game (Stewart, Rance, May, Lever, Howe) are so hard to counter (and yep, I know Rance has retired) - it's because they are bloody amazing footballers.

Can they be beaten? Yep. But you can't just make a simple half-time adjustment and say 'hey boys, just lower your eyes going inside 50 can ya?' and hope...Geelong have built this defensive system over the past 5-6 seasons - they prob shoulda/coulda won the GF in 2020 (3 goals up at half time before the Dusty show with Ablett on the bench out of the game) and 2021 (I think the virus stuff was real and no way were Melbourne 10 goals better than them...and as you know, they OWN our sorry butts!)...they work together, they trust each other and they know how to SAFELY EXIT D50 when the pressure is on.

I think this last point was key last night. Brisbane fought the fight inside D50, but too often turned it over immediately on exit...Geelong NEVER do that. They get it oob (but they don't rush it over the line deep in d50 - Brisbane did this repeatedly...Geelong knows this creates a BTI which is absolutely a scoring situation for the oppo), they know when to chain it out with hands and when to kick...and on the exit they HOLD THE OUTSIDE making the exit kick safe (team-mate or boundary)...they do this stuff with incredible discipline.

They might not win next week but I just can't see how they aren't "in it" at 3/4 time.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

11. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Tbh I don’t mind this. It has taken Chris Scott ten years to get to this position. Sure they lost to Richmond a few years ago but realistically this is their best chance. It is difficult to win a flag, even Geelong find it challenging with their competitive advantage. It just shows how difficult it is to win a flag and how long it actually takes to build a good team.
    Yeah, I’ve been to scared to say it out loud but I’d be ok with Geelong winning it.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    I get it but don't want it to happen. I can't stand the guy and his brother can just get in the bin.

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney have a game style that could trouble the Cats. They move the ball with precision and don't rely on the extra so even numbers in forward line.

Last time they played I think was Buddies 1000th goal game?

If the Swans get through I think they're a big chance.

The Lions were putrid last night too.

So many half arsed efforts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Yeah, I’ve been to scared to say it out loud but I’d be ok with Geelong winning it.
    I don't care for Geelong, but I respect their ability to stay relevant.

They'd be deserving winners.
    "It's over. It's all over."

16. Likes chef, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Dev Roberston is so similar to Dunkley. This game is strange, one of the more average starts to a prelim I have seen.
    Tell Brisbane we want Robertson and a second/3rd rounder?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Brand Dunks on the Brownlow promo!

Woweeee

How did the Bont not win it last year, unbelievable season.
    Wines pulled one great season out of his bum. Same as Woewodin....although his wasn't great... did and Westy missed out.

19. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Tell Brisbane we want Robertson and a second/3rd rounder?
    I'm not sure I would do that but we could offer Dunkley for the 1st rounder this year and their 1st rounder next year and given them our 2nd rounder this year to help them with bringing in the father son players.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm not sure I would do that but we could offer Dunkley for the 1st rounder this year and their 1st rounder next year and given them our 2nd rounder this year to help them with bringing in the father son players.
    I think we should at least make it hard initially for them. A pick in the top 10 at least. And maybe more picks later on. Let them do all the work to try and get one.

Post Thanks / Like

Who do you think will win tonight?
    I'm going for Sydney.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"