Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  57
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Am I allowed to start a LOL Richmond thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    This is the nub of the problem. A camera phone from 100m away has better resolution and is more effective than the AFEL's multi million dollar ARC technology.

There are a dozen people on salaries in excess of $900k a season in the office of the executive at the AFEL, and none of these obscenely paid career corporatists can be bothered to get the basic fundamentals like scoring integrity right. They are a bloated organisation, akin to the worst of govt beurocratic excess, clinging onto their not-for-profit status in order to collect millions of undeserved dollars from the taxpayer. Bunch of talentless grifters.
    Over 700 in HQ prior to Covid. Not sure how many now, but WTF did they do all day other collect their salaries?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There's what 8 to 10 grounds used?

That's 80 posts Max.

Get them fitted up with lasers and cameras and all sorts of shit!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    There's what 8 to 10 grounds used?

That's 80 posts Max.

Get them fitted up with lasers and cameras and all sorts of shit!
    Every worksite in Australia, no matter how small, has laser equipment as standard. If it's good enough for a chippie building a residential property in the outer burbs, it is good enough for the biggest sporting organisation in Australia.

This is a super easy fix but nothing is an easy fix for talentless corporatists who have been cocooned from reality their entire careers. That is why you get situations like Jarryd Roughead getting welt marks on his back because Homebush had exposed bolts in a final a few years ago. There should be some non-negotiable basics that corporate HQ should be on top of as a bare minimum to run a competition with safety and integrity - having the best possible score review system is but one of these things. I guess the extra expenditure to get this right will come out of Gill's bonus targets.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like this thread.

Why?

Because my sister goes for Richmond. I only hear about Footy from her when they win big games, especially the GF or beat us. She doesn't have clue who plays for them other than Dusty. They lost, so I don't get a stupid pontificating text!

LOL Richmond
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Every worksite in Australia, no matter how small, has laser equipment as standard. If it's good enough for a chippie building a residential property in the outer burbs, it is good enough for the biggest sporting organisation in Australia.

This is a super easy fix but nothing is an easy fix for talentless corporatists who have been cocooned from reality their entire careers. That is why you get situations like Jarryd Roughead getting welt marks on his back because Homebush had exposed bolts in a final a few years ago. There should be some non-negotiable basics that corporate HQ should be on top of as a bare minimum to run a competition with safety and integrity - having the best possible score review system is but one of these things. I guess the extra expenditure to get this right will come out of Gill's bonus targets.
    I can't get a read on any of this. Can you just say in plain English whether you're a supporter of the league or not?

Everything about the AFL is weird. It's just that the game, try as head office might to ruin it, is so good. Imagine how good it could be if there was a shred of integrity in the governance of the game.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes EasternWest, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Now for a straights sets out for Geelong and Melbourne
    No thanks. Assuming we win tomorrow night your scenario would have us playing Geelong and then Sydney at the SCG. I would prefer Collingwood and then Melbourne thanks.

9. Likes azabob, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear Dr Evil is pitching to AFL HQ as we speak.

11. Likes Grantysghost, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just get nominated people to stand behind the goals with the latest phones and we'd get better vision than this rubbish. It's embarrassing.

13. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    https://twitter.com/m_felgate/status...MrvCG5IxQ&s=19

No doubt that's a point it's hitting the post.
    mate it went over off stump, no way it is LBW.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I can't get a read on any of this. Can you just say in plain English whether you're a supporter of the league or not?

Everything about the AFL is weird. It's just that the game, try as head office might to ruin it, is so good. Imagine how good it could be if there was a shred of integrity in the governance of the game.
    I'd actually like to know what order Sedat rates the following

AEFL
    Geelong
    Gerard Whately
    More of an In Bruges guy?

16. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    No thanks. Assuming we win tomorrow night your scenario would have us playing Geelong and then Sydney at the SCG. I would prefer Collingwood and then Melbourne thanks.
    Playing Geelong and then Sydney adds a certain symmetry with 2016.

To win we need to beat Fremantle first and then worry about the next assignment.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

18. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see the back of them. They could’ve been dangerous at the MCG. I can’t stand Lynch (punchable face), Riewoldt, Cotchin, and ofcourse Hardwick. The only coach I hate more is Chris Scott. Loved watching the post press conference. Couldn’t have happened to a better team, other than Geelong.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

20. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While I can't disagree with anything you have written, I have a friend in Sydney with a Rugby and League background telling me that the administration of the AFL is so far ahead of the other codes.

Doesn't mean the AFL is in anyway good or efficient, just highlights the absolute mess that is sports administration in general.

Far too much gravy train.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

22. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I'd actually like to know what order Sedat rates the following

AEFL
    Geelong
    Gerard Whately
    I've softened on Whateley, he's now a mildly annoying sycophant who is occasionally bang on the money. He's lost some of that smug public broadcaster arrogance after spending 2 years singing for his supper in the broadcasting private sector, which is no bad thing.

AFEL HQ and Geelong can remain in the bin, as can all politicians of every single persuasion in recorded history. They all belong in the steaming excrement pile, as can Ch 7 with their laser focus and unwavering commitment to completely farking up the TV viewing experience of the footy.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

24. Likes Bulldog Joe, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've softened on Whateley, he's now a mildly annoying sycophant. He's lost some of that smug public broadcaster arrogance.
    However, his carrying on about the bye before the finals just got ridiculous on Monday. He almost told one caller to F Off. The caller did say he was Geelong biased - got him very angry
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.