Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  51
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOL Bulldogs

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Bulldogs

Since we can laugh at others shouldn’t we have a laugh at ourselves?

That’s a combined 147pt turnaround in our last 2 finals.

The footy world is laughing at us… very interested to see how we come back from this.

2. Likes MrMahatma, Sedat, EasternWest, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: LOL Bulldogs

How about that forward line?

Haaaaa! So good. Imagine those fans alll excited about the win at 1/4 time! Losers!!

Post Thanks / Like

There is no coming back. We've tarnished our reputation and now have the choker tag. It'll turn into a Harambe sized monkey on the back of the club now, and drive us to another 60 plus year flag drought.

5. Likes G-Mo77, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    How about that forward line?

Haaaaa! So good. Imagine those fans alll excited about the win at 1/4 time! Losers!!
    If there was just 1 quarter of footy not 4 we would do well but there is 4 quarters and we seem quite a bit to struggle to play 4 quarters.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 04-09-2022 at 02:15 AM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

7. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Too soon.

After the GF I was shocked. After tonight, I'm livid.
    W00F!

9. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Both have reasons, both are fixable.

I love you all but I really wouldn't want many of you by my side in a crisis.*

*I get this is a bit of a lol thread.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Name the dogs players you want with you in a crisis?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Name the dogs players you want with you in a crisis?
    Jacko, Bont, Dunks, Smith, Libba, Treloar, JJ, Gardner, Keath (fit and outside of a five crazy minutes tonight), Cordy, Weightman, Daniel, Roarke.

It'll change as others mature, but it shows how far behind we are in terms of reliable players to carry us at the moment. that we think last year was anything other than a miracle is beyond me.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Jacko, Bont, Dunks, Smith, Libba, Treloar, JJ, Gardner, Keath (fit and outside of a five crazy minutes tonight), Cordy, Weightman, Daniel, Roarke.

It'll change as others mature, but it shows how far behind we are in terms of reliable players to carry us at the moment. that we think last year was anything other than a miracle is beyond me.
    Was there a crisis at any time in our elimination final?

Post Thanks / Like

I believe Bevo is underachieving with a talented list and I am just perpetually gobsmacked with player selection and trading. I seriously think this last loss is indefensible.

Post Thanks / Like

I get the frustration and that there are issues that need addressing but seriously I think we read into this way too much. Baying for Bevo’s head, reputations tarnished, never coming back from this - gotta love the drama. The problem at the moment is that we are a victim of our own success - we are now expecting a lot from a list that has flaws and is not ready. We are expecting a lot from a forward line that had a 22, 20 and 19 year old as the key targets - all players that have serious upside but are 3,4, 5 years from playing their best football. We are also lacking in certain areas which, we all know, need addressing.

Those baying for Bevo and suggesting he is gone. One simple question- whom takes over as coach? The talent pool is bare. Bare. I mean there is literally know one. What we have is a bloody good coach whom with a quality list will take us to the pinnacle (we know there are serious gaps that need addressing) and who (for all his stubbornness) is a good game day coach - no doubt he needs assistance but in reality he has taken a fairly average list (with some extreme levels of talent) to be very competitive. Building a dynasty takes time - 6, 7, 10 years even - perseverance and the opportunity to build a list with your key requirements is the key. You simply don’t get rid of a good coach if you have one.

16. Likes merantau, Bulldog4life, jeemak, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    I get the frustration and that there are issues that need addressing but seriously I think we read into this way too much. Baying for Bevo’s head, reputations tarnished, never coming back from this - gotta love the drama. The problem at the moment is that we are a victim of our own success - we are now expecting a lot from a list that has flaws and is not ready. We are expecting a lot from a forward line that had a 22, 20 and 19 year old as the key targets - all players that have serious upside but are 3,4, 5 years from playing their best football. We are also lacking in certain areas which, we all know, need addressing.

Those baying for Bevo and suggesting he is gone. One simple question- whom takes over as coach? The talent pool is bare. Bare. I mean there is literally know one. What we have is a bloody good coach whom with a quality list will take us to the pinnacle (we know there are serious gaps that need addressing) and who (for all his stubbornness) is a good game day coach - no doubt he needs assistance but in reality he has taken a fairly average list (with some extreme levels of talent) to be very competitive. Building a dynasty takes time - 6, 7, 10 years even - perseverance and the opportunity to build a list with your key requirements is the key. You simply don’t get rid of a good coach if you have one.
    I take your point and agree in many respects.

I do think Bevo has been at the club long enough to get everything he feels he needs to succeed both on field and off field, so there's simply no excuse to be made for the last two finals capitulations and an awful 2022 season. He's been at the club 8 years!

This list is arguably at it's worst in that time. Our coaching group looks horrific compared to every other list - how the *!*!*!*! does Spangher go from an admin role to coaching the forwards of a team coming off a GF?

I'm of the belief we need a quick rebuild. This list is fragile, broken and structurally a mess. It's one pro was it's ability to grind, we did it once this whole year.

We are quickly going to waste another year, and the Bontempelli era, if we roll into 2023 with minimal changes. We need significant changes.

Bevo spoke about top 4 and sustained success at the beginning of the year. The only thing we've sustained is our status as the laughing stock of the footy world with our self destruction in big finals.
    W00F!

18. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who want blood answer me this question. How many flags have John Longmire, Chris Scott and Ross Lyon won between them?

Flags are hard to win. We have a coach, the most successful coach in the Club's history and we must get behind him.

Next year is another opportunity. Work hard over the.off season, look to fill gaps, develop our youngsters and we are still in the mix.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post

How do you know the cupboard is bare? Craig Macrae was an unproven coach at the beginning of the year and has taken Collingwood from 17th to 4th.

I agree that Bevo is a very good coach, but our ‘system’ & personnel didn’t get the job done this year and we need to work out why.

21. Likes Sedat, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

100% you'd prolly rush in and get us all killed!

Lulz.

23. Likes jeemak liked this post