Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  406

View Poll Results: What do we give up for Lobb?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Our first round pick with something in the 2nd round coming back

0 0%
  • Our 2nd round pick will suffice

7 15.22%
  • Our 3rd round pick and nothing more

5 10.87%
  • A creative combination of picks and suitable returns

7 15.22%
  • Our JJ compensation pick

5 10.87%
  • Other option

0 0%
  • I'd rather someone else

7 15.22%
  • We don't need him

15 32.61%
Page 1 of 40 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rory Lobb

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Rory Lobb

The media speculation is still very strong that Fremantle will trade Lobb and we are in the box seat to take him
    Lobb will give us a productive tall forward capable of kicking goals but also the luxury of knowing that when English is having a rest we will have a very competitive chop out to replace him.

How keen are you to get Rory Lobb to the club?
    And if so, what is a reasonable pick to part with to get him?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rory Lobb

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The media speculation is still very strong that Fremantle will trade Lobb and we are in the box seat to take him
    Lobb will give us a productive tall forward capable of kicking goals but also the luxury of knowing that when English is having a rest we will have a very competitive chop out to replace him.

I've said my thoughts on this a couple of times, so I'll keep it brief.
    I get his skill set it what we need... I just cannot resile from the fact that he and about a dozen other Giants from the 2016 Prelim vintage are persona non grata as far as I'm concerned. Lobb is one of those.

3. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I get his skill set it what we need... I just cannot resile from the fact that he and about a dozen other Giants from the 2016 Prelim vintage are persona non grata as far as I'm concerned. Lobb is one of those.
    Time to build a bridge...we won, they lost... happy days!

We need to add players to our team to help us win more than we are currently and Lobb helps in that regard.

5. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Time to build a bridge...we won, they lost... happy days!

We need to add players to our team to help us win more than we are currently and Lobb helps in that regard.
    Yep I get it, and I'll survive if we get him (I did when we got Akermanis and I was no fan of him either). I am also cognisant that the modern players themselves get over these things as professionals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I've said my thoughts on this a couple of times, so I'll keep it brief.
    Dude it was 6 years ago he was a kid I just think we need to move on from this as reason why we don't want him at the club.

I'm ok with Lobb coming in for a second rounder, we ain't going to get Grundy it would piss me no end that we'd pandered to English's whims about being the big dog and then pissed away four years developing him as ruckman only to bring Grundy in for 2-3 and trade English away. Bevo wouldn't do it either he'd need to admit he was wrong which imo is his biggest flaw. He just doesn't do it so we're stuck with English. Tim should be entering his sweet spot as a ruck over the next few years (25+) and we've just resigned him. He ain't going anywhere and he'll be rucking for at least the next two years. My feeling is Grundy would not even be in our calculations.

Re. Lobb give me a tall on our list at either end of the ground or on the list better than him.

Schache? Keath? Gardner? Cordy? Bruce? I'm not counting Darcy or Marra but clearly they're behind him. Naughton's ceiling is bigger but Lobb still kicked 36 goals this year and relief rucked.

It's an unfortunate truth but Lobb will just about be the best big man we have if he comes in and Power and Bevo know it.

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as it means playing Naughton back im very keen.

Hopefully we can get him for a 2nd rounder.
    The curse is dead.

10. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to sell the farm to get him, so I voted a creative combination of picks.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't need him, Bruce will have a smashing pre-season and get back to 2021 form, his surplus to needs.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    Don't need him, Bruce will have a smashing pre-season and get back to 2021 form, his surplus to needs.
    If English is injured, who rucks? I don't think we can rely just on Sweet who has a long way to go. Plus does Bruce do the relief rucking?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    If English is injured, who rucks? I don't think we can rely just on Sweet who has a long way to go. Plus does Bruce do the relief rucking?
    Isn't that a different question? We shouldn't be trading for Lobb to cover English he is more or less there to support him.
    We will still need to find a back up ruckman to replace Martin.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't that a different question? We shouldn't be trading for Lobb to cover English he is more or less there to support him.
    We will still need to find a back up ruckman to replace Martin.
    We are on the same page

Post Thanks / Like

And if he (Bruce) doesn't?

I have absolutely no confidence that Bruce will get back to being a regular contributor for our team.

17. Likes Mofra, Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have absolutely no confidence that Bruce will get back to being a regular contributor for our team.
    Alright, we should go after Grundy then if it's more of a ruck then a forward option. Grundy/English running around sounds pretty good to me.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Agree, maybe he should not have played, but his exposed comeback form was so far off the pace it looked terminal, careerwise.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

I also voted we don’t need him. Would rather JUH, Darcy, Bruce and naughts post it out. We need a FB.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.