Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  406

View Poll Results: What do we give up for Lobb?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Our first round pick with something in the 2nd round coming back

0 0%
  • Our 2nd round pick will suffice

7 15.22%
  • Our 3rd round pick and nothing more

5 10.87%
  • A creative combination of picks and suitable returns

7 15.22%
  • Our JJ compensation pick

5 10.87%
  • Other option

0 0%
  • I'd rather someone else

7 15.22%
  • We don't need him

15 32.61%
Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Rory Lobb

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rory Lobb

Are we prepared for when Lobb outperforms Tim in the ruck next year? Is Tim prepared for that?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Are we prepared for when Lobb outperforms Tim in the ruck next year? Is Tim prepared for that?
    My biggest issue with English as R1 is (if it's correct) Timmy demanding it. It's cool if he is doing it in terms of wanting to take on the challenge but if we giving him the role due to be scared he will leave, it's really problematic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    English recently re-signed for 2 years.
    Insert contract thread joke here.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Insert contract thread joke here.
    No idea what you're talking about.

Bruce's goals don't count.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    My biggest issue with English as R1 is (if it's correct) Timmy demanding it. It's cool if he is doing it in terms of wanting to take on the challenge but if we giving him the role due to be scared he will leave, it's really problematic.
    RJ is this the most blown out of proportion titbit of info ever?
    I can not believe we would let a player have that much say. Especially Bevo who destroys worlds.

I'm calling furphy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Are we prepared for when Lobb outperforms Tim in the ruck next year?
    Like he did 2 weeks ago?
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    RJ is this the most blown out of proportion titbit of info ever?
    I can not believe we would let a player have that much say. Especially Bevo who destroys worlds.

I'm calling furphy.
    I am not trying to make a statement either way. I have no idea if it is a demand, as in do it or I will leave. If he asked for 1st ruck, in a request/wanting challenge, cool.

9. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Like he did 2 weeks ago?

I am with you on the issues Tim has had in the deepest waters. I think he progressed this year as a true ruckman. I do not have the stats on it and I could be massively wrong, but he seems to play a vast majority of his time in the ruck. Some 1st rucks are a bit more split.

Being ruck/hard isn't English's strength. We double down a bit down with not having an actual ruck as our R2/fwd, just the least worst option there as a go to.

Post Thanks / Like

Dockers duo ‘request trades’... but the club is ‘not entertaining’ one amid a mini-exodus

Blake Acres and Rory Lobb have requested trades in their exit meetings on Wednesday, reports Seven’s Mitch Cleary.

However the Dockers are “not entertaining” Lobb’s request “as it stands” according to Seven Perth’s Ryan Daniels.

It was reported earlier this week Fremantle is willing to hold Lobb to his contract if swingman Griffin Logue leaves.

The Fremantle pair are seeking new starts in Victoria, with Acres asking to join Carlton and Lobb wanting a move to the Western Bulldogs.

Both players need to be traded to move. Acres is expected to sign a three-year deal to play under Michael Voss while Lobb is believed to be signing a three-year, $1.5 million deal once he gets to Luke Beveridge’s side.

Lobb and Acres would both be joining their third AFL clubs. Lobb played 74 of his 140 AFL games at GWS, while Acres featured 75 times for St Kilda before his 45 Dockers appearances.

Vision emerged on Wednesday of Acres emptying his locker at Dockers headquarters today.

Acres is one of at least six Dockers potentially on the move this trade period, along with Lobb, Logue, ruckman Lloyd Meek, wingman Darcy Tucker and small forward Liam Henry.

Lobb was one player in and out of the club quickly on Wednesday, after news emerged he’d purchased a $1.85 million home in South Yarra recently with his Melbourne-based partner.

Tucker was another Docker to depart the club on Wednesday with his locker possessions, limping out on crutches after hurting his knee in the WAFL this month.

Tucker was restricted to just 14 games this season as injury and form combined to keep him in the WAFL affiliate Peel Thunder.

The 25-year-old Victorian could be on the move back home, after just 108 games in seven seasons at Fremantle.

He’s been linked to North Melbourne in recent trade reports.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    With English, I am a bit in between with him being R1 or R2.

I don't mind him being mostly in the ruck but would like to see a bit more of a balance. He can have passages where he struggles to be competitive. That issue for mine is really made worse as we don't have a real R2, just a guy who makes up the minutes.

A strength of Lobb is his endurance. Massive TOG for a non KPD. English and Lobb to be more a tandem than a pure R1 and R2/fwd perhaps. Unless English goes up a level.
    If it works there's no reason we can't say he's the number one ruck on paper but in practice have a CamHead RoughBoy type setup again.

The idea is growing on me personally because while English can have very good games as a ruck (yes even against good rucks like Gawn late in the year) sometimes he's just not on and he goes from a great asset to a liability. Being able to give him a spell when this happens will

a) save us/him from the humiliation of a public spanking
    b) give English time to reset, refocus and adjust to come back into the game later (maybe)

13. Likes josie, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    If it works there's no reason we can't say he's the number one ruck on paper but in practice have a CamHead RoughBoy type setup again.

The idea is growing on me personally because while English can have very good games as a ruck (yes even against good rucks like Gawn late in the year) sometimes he's just not on and he goes from a great asset to a liability. Being able to give him a spell when this happens will

a) save us/him from the humiliation of a public spanking
    b) give English time to reset, refocus and adjust to come back into the game later (maybe)
    English is a big asset around the ground, even when his ruck work is down.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone got access to this article in HUN

Lobb city: Why Dogs are trading for Docker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    English is a big asset around the ground, even when his ruck work is down.
    He is a big asset except on the days he's not being a big asset. I know he can have good 'groundwork' days when his ruck craft is off but he can have pretty uninvolved days in that area too.
    Last edited by hujsh; 15-09-2022 at 02:27 AM.

17. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Has anyone got access to this article in HUN

Lobb city: Why Dogs are trading for Docker
    Western Bulldogs’ desire to bring in Rory Lobb has had mixed reviews. Now, the club has revealed its plan for the wantaway ruck-forward.

Western Bulldogs want to combine Rory Lobb, Aaron Naughton and Jamarra Ugle-Hagan in attack next season as part of plans to rejoin the premiership contenders.

Lobb, 29, is determined to land at the kennel in next month’s trade period after productive conversations with Bulldogs’ coach Luke Beveridge.

The ruck-forward remains contracted at Fremantle for one more season but is eager to continue his AFL career at a third club in 2023.

The Dogs will have to pull-off a trade deal with the Dockers to secure Lobb and could offer a future second-round draft pick to begin talks with Fremantle.

Lobb would provide another dynamic marking target in the forward half next year to star centre half forward Naughton and No. 1 pick Ugle-Hagan.

Sam Darcy could be switched back into defence alongside former Blue Liam Jones who will slot into a full-back role.

The Bulldogs are determined to stiffen their defensive operations for next season after bowing out in the elimination final on the back of a Grand Final last year.

Lobb bolsters their goal scoring power and helps lighten the load on Naughton who carried a huge responsibility in the forward half this year.

Fremantle has indicated it does not want to lose both talls Rory Lobb and Griffin Logue in this year’s exchange period.

However Lobb was hopeful of making a move this year after failing to secure a trade out of Fremantle last year when Greater Western Sydney showed some interest.

Lobb was under the impression the club would entertain a trade deal this year if he delivered for the team on the field this season.

Fremantle needs to be able to afford a blockbuster deal for Luke Jackson from Melbourne on a long-term contract worth more than $800,000 a season.

The Dockers are also dealing with the potential exits of Darcy Tucker, Blake Acres, Lloyd Meek and Logue.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

19. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So Bruce is done?

21. Likes EasternWest liked this post