Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  406

View Poll Results: What do we give up for Lobb?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Our first round pick with something in the 2nd round coming back

0 0%
  • Our 2nd round pick will suffice

7 15.22%
  • Our 3rd round pick and nothing more

5 10.87%
  • A creative combination of picks and suitable returns

7 15.22%
  • Our JJ compensation pick

5 10.87%
  • Other option

0 0%
  • I'd rather someone else

7 15.22%
  • We don't need him

15 32.61%
Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Rory Lobb

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rory Lobb

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    That's interesting. From what I have read the last year of his deal is at 750K.
    Seems that he and his partner have already purchased a place in South Yarra.
    Well no one really knows but it's really conflicting. You talk with Freo supporters with a bit of knowledge and they'll tell you it was front ended.

I go back to the Boyd deal, that was massively front loaded from our internal knowledge but the narrative in the public and media was completely different.

We don't know it all but I tend to lean towards what the Freo guys are saying and if that's what it is it's a pretty shitty thing Lobb is doing. A bit like what Collingwood did to Treloar, backend his contract and then try not to pay him when he gets there. Bad business!

Post Thanks / Like

It would be heartbreaking as a Dockers fan to make the semis and then watch as a good chunk of players left or wanted out.

Post Thanks / Like

No deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    It would be heartbreaking as a Dockers fan to make the semis and then watch as a good chunk of players left or wanted out.
    Yes it will be very frustrating for Fremantle supporters to see so many players looking to depart after what was a very successful season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Well no one really knows but it's really conflicting. You talk with Freo supporters with a bit of knowledge and they'll tell you it was front ended.

I go back to the Boyd deal, that was massively front loaded from our internal knowledge but the narrative in the public and media was completely different.

We don't know it all but I tend to lean towards what the Freo guys are saying and if that's what it is it's a pretty shitty thing Lobb is doing. A bit like what Collingwood did to Treloar, backend his contract and then try not to pay him when he gets there. Bad business!
    Wouldn't they just have a provision/ protection clause in his contract that would trigger and ensure he doesn't receive in total more than the deal allowed for and balance over the four years instead of five or whatever - with him either having to pay back funds if required or be held to his deal?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Jackson worth it for Freo?

It seems they have lowballed a few players (Acres and Logue) and will likely also cough up Lobb (further $$). Not sure I would be overly thrilled about it if I was a fan.

Jackson is likely to never be a genuine week-to-week matchwinner.
    Last edited by The Bulldogs Bite; 18-09-2022 at 03:31 PM.
    W00F!

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

It seems they have lowballed a few players (Acres and Logue) and will likely also cough up Lobb (further $$). Not sure I would be overly thrilled about it if I was a fan.

Jackson is likely to never been a genuine week-to-week matchwinner.
    Jackson was ordinary this year, but he is still young and will improve
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Jackson was ordinary this year, but he is still young and will improve
    Yes, but is he/can he be a bonafide match winner? Because that's what they're paying for.

The only 'ruck' that has been a matchwinner is Max Gawn IMO. Grundy is/was great but I wouldn't even say he's a genuine matchwinner (but hey, I could be swayed).

It's a big gamble by Freo.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Wouldn't they just have a provision/ protection clause in his contract that would trigger and ensure he doesn't receive in total more than the deal allowed for and balance over the four years instead of five or whatever - with him either having to pay back funds if required or be held to his deal?
    Not sure. I'd imagine the contract he's on would be void should he be traded and he'd be free to negotiate a deal with us.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually agree with you TBB, but Jackson is 20 years old has already played ~40 games including being arguably in the top 3-5 impactful players in a winning GF, and was a pick 2 in the draft. He’s exactly the sort of player that teams expend a huge amount of capital to acquire and Freo would be laughing all the way, even at no doubt the hefty price they’ll pay.

It’s hard to see Jackson being anything but a 200+ gamer with multiple AAs over the course of the next 10-12 years IMO. He’s mobile and flexible enough to play multiple roles / positions, can influence around the contest at ground level and in the air, and will only get better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Jackson is likely to never be a genuine week-to-week matchwinner.
    I don't know how they measure it in terms of being worthwhile but I think most clubs would be very interested to get him.
    I don't get the numbers being mentioned though because I don't think any ruck man is worth that sort of investment.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding Lobb forward/rucks at 207cm are pretty hard to find.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Regarding Lobb forward/rucks at 207cm are pretty hard to find.
    Funnily enough English is that height and a good option as 2nd forward/ruck.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Funnily enough English is that height and a good option as 2nd forward/ruck.
    I think I have said this before ironically Tim said when he came to our club his game was modeled on Rory's game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I think I have said this before ironically Tim said when he came to our club his game was modeled on Rory's game.
    That made me laugh. I had not previously heard that!
    More of an In Bruges guy?