Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  151
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Experienced Senior Assistant Coach to help Bevo - Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    He only moved because he lost his role at the club.
    He moved off his own bat Bullies.

2. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    He only moved because he lost his role at the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He moved off his own bat Bullies.
    GG, you would know more. But didn't Morris at first have an on-field role at the club and then COVID got him into the back office?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

4. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Sad to think that such quality people and 2016 Premiership players in Morris and Matthew Boyd at Fremantle have been lost to the WB.
    Pretty emotive post. The football industry doesn't work like 'champion player is only ever connected with our club'.

Club legends tend to find their way home, but I think it's good for them to get experience elsewhere. Joel Corey coached with us after ?3 flags at the cats, Jimmy Bartel is a GWS director, Robert Harvey had coached away from the Saints for the last 15 years, the list goes on.

I don't think they're 'lost' to the club.

6. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Initially my reaction is yuk. Then I think this is testimony to our club. These RWB legends deserve opportunities to learn and grow and prosper and realistically this will include time at other clubs or at head office. Looking outward is a good thing. Let’s just make sure our club culture is one that beckons them back to help once they are amongst the best in the business. Surely it makes behind the scenes negotiations between clubs less antagonistic too.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently HS (dreadful paper I know) saying Bevo soon to be offered a new deal beyond next year with us. Although I’m not against it I hope it has some appropriate performance clauses in it. Also I hope more support other than Lade is imminent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Pretty emotive post. The football industry doesn't work like 'champion player is only ever connected with our club'.

Club legends tend to find their way home, but I think it's good for them to get experience elsewhere. Joel Corey coached with us after ?3 flags at the cats, Jimmy Bartel is a GWS director, Robert Harvey had coached away from the Saints for the last 15 years, the list goes on.

I don't think they're 'lost' to the club.
    Dale would be absolutely rapt. He wanted to move his family to Qld and now he's probably landed a dream role.
    Can't be anything but happy surely.

10. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    GG, you would know more. But didn't Morris at first have an on-field role at the club and then COVID got him into the back office?
    Sounds right but it's not why he relocated is my understanding.
    He went straight into the same role he has at the Lions with us in 2020.
    We did everything we could to keep him around by the sounds of it.

12. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Apparently HS (dreadful paper I know) saying Bevo soon to be offered a new deal beyond next year with us. Although I’m not against it I hope it has some appropriate performance clauses in it. Also I hope more support other than Lade is imminent.
    I wouldn’t hold your breath. It seems we may have cut st.kilda off at the pass and said to Bevos management we will extend prior to the season starting?

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t hold your breath. It seems we may have cut st.kilda off at the pass and said to Bevos management we will extend prior to the season starting?
    With Saints signing Lyon I doubt this is the reason.

Post Thanks / Like

I read the same thing a few weeks ago. I wonder how many years we would give him
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He landed a development role but never really started that due to the footy department cuts. He then did the player sponsors coterie managers role before moving the family to QLD. This role with the Lions has just happened.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He landed a development role but never really started that due to the footy department cuts. He then did the player sponsors coterie managers role before moving the family to QLD. This role with the Lions has just happened.
    I know the Brisbane role has just happened as I posted about it following our ex players thread. Not in this thread which makes no sense.

GG suggested Morris left for QLD on his own accord, which is true but my point was if he was still part of our development team would have he left Melbourne?

18. Likes Bullies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Josie, st.kilda would’ve approached both Lyon and Beveridge. I would be staggered if they did not.

Post Thanks / Like

I know the Brisbane role has just happened as I posted about it following our ex players thread. Not in this thread which makes no sense.

GG suggested Morris left for QLD on his own accord, which is true but my point was if he was still part of our development team would have he left Melbourne?
    I doubt he would have left us in a development role for another development role.
    He had a genuine desire to work with some select players on how to train and improve and while he did a great job as a coterie manager his passion was to get back into a footy department.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Probably if no Covid he'd be here.

Only Melburnians can empathise with that decision.