Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  44
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What does an aggressive trade period look like to you?

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I'm unsure what the Window 2 vs Window 1 distinction is. Is it 1st crack at a premiership before a slight rejig of the playing list and a second attempt?

Could you maybe elaborate?
    Read MJP's post #34
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Read MJP's post #34
    Oh right thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Window 1 for me. We were top 2 team last year apart from a run of the last few matches, then went back to being a top 2 team.

This year is the anomaly I reckon. I also reckon we have loads and loads of talent.

I’d be reluctant to trade any of our top 10 players and that includes Dunks. If he wants out though then, as he’s out of contract, you gotta deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Window 1 for me. We were top 2 team last year apart from a run of the last few matches, then went back to being a top 2 team.

This year is the anomaly I reckon. I also reckon we have loads and loads of talent.

I’d be reluctant to trade any of our top 10 players and that includes Dunks. If he wants out though then, as he’s out of contract, you gotta deal.
    I agree with you.

Unfortunately getting the answer to this question 'RIGHT' is the key to taking the right steps moving forward. I'm glad I'm not in charge (lol - I mean, as if) because it would be a question that I would genuinely lose sleep over.

The challenge is you need to be able to separate players who are on a pathway of improvement - Gardner is a good example - from players who are genuinely elite. But because you have personal relationships with the players and have been there 'over the journey', personalities loom large...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

6. Likes 1eyedog liked this post