Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  138
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Operation Get Brodie Grundy

* Freo have indicated they will not release Lobb from his contract. We need a plan B, and it ain't Sweet or Martin and what happens if English is injued?

* Collingwood are willing to let Grundy go due to salary cap.

Why not convince Grundy to come to the Dogs and work with making English a better player by sharing ruck duties.

We have a good culture, we are building the best facilities in the AFL and Grundy gets to play with Bont

Cost

Dunkley first round pick to Collingwood? Do we need more?

Salary

He is reported to be on a million - Collingwood pay say $300k, we pay Grundy the money we were going to pay Dunkley

Some woofers are already on board - can we make it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    McStay to Pies
    Dunkley to Lions
    Grundy to us

That’ll be whatever Sam Power’s annual salary is thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    2 x All Australian
    2 x B&F
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He's a gun.
    Is this a pipe dream or can Sam make it happen?

How will we play them on field? I would like to see eventually 50/50, but start with 65 Grundy, 35 English
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Operation Get Brodie Grundy

I'm 1000000000000% on board. Even more to be honest.

3. Likes bornadog, josie, Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I'm 1000000000000% on board. Even more to be honest.
    I am 20000000000000000000% on board

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm of course 100% all chips in, provided Grundy passes a medical with flying colours.

I can't see it happening though. We are seemingly totally wedded to English as the big dog, and are looking at options to strengthen the 10% 2nd ruck load.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

7. Likes EasternWest, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep this is definitely the move. Tim’s ruckwork let us down when it mattered the most yet again and we have to ensure it’s for the last time. He has all the tools and hopefully he can see that this will allow him to be the Swiss Army knife killer of a player that he has the potential to be.

Plus there’s no shot that a player like Grundy doesn’t make us significantly better.

We’ve got a resource (Dunkley) to get the deal done, it makes all the sense in the world, yet for whatever reason we want to cut our nose off. I am pleading with the club to pivot and make this happen.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

9. Likes bornadog, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'm of course 100% all chips in, provided Grundy passes a medical with flying colours.

I can't see it happening though. We are seemingly totally wedded to English as the big dog, and are looking at options to strengthen the 10% 2nd ruck load.
    Unfortunately spot on.

It's kind of ironic that we're searching to fill the second ruck spot, when we've got the PERFECT candidate for that role on our list, while one of the best rucks of the modern era is available at an attractive cost.....
    W00F!

11. Likes Sedat, Dry Rot, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Unfortunately spot on.

It's kind of ironic that we're searching to fill the second ruck spot, when we've got the PERFECT candidate for that role on our list, while one of the best rucks of the modern era is available at an attractive cost.....
    Let's talk positive, even though it may not eventuate.

How do we get the deal done?

* What picks would Collingwood want?

* How much of his $1 million would you pay?

* Would Grundy even want to come to us? I mean he would be second string at Melbourne with Gawn there. For me if Melbourne think they can make it work, then we should be able to by appeasing both Grundy and English.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was early on this bandwagon and if Tim wanted to crack the shits as the best second ruck in the competition he'd be the one cutting his nose off to spite his face, as his next contract will reflect his performance.

One can dream I guess....
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I was early on this bandwagon and if Tim wanted to crack the shits as the best second ruck in the competition he'd be the one cutting his nose off to spite his face, as his next contract will reflect his performance.

One can dream I guess....
    I don't believe the Tim thing and cracking the shits - too bad I say to any player not listening to the coach.

Rocket told a good story about Lake. We were in Perth to play WCE and Lake said he wanted to play FF or he just wouldn't play. Rocket of course was angry and Lake refused to budge, so Rocket relented and said ok then.

They got on the ground and Lake was at FF. After about 5 min Rocket sends out the runner and moves Lake to FB

16. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt we're in the hunt - I'd be all over Soldo if Richmond decide that (unlike last year) he's gettable.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I doubt we're in the hunt - I'd be all over Soldo if Richmond decide that (unlike last year) he's gettable.
    What pick for Soldo?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't believe the Tim thing and cracking the shits - too bad I say to any player not listening to the coach.

Rocket told a good story about Lake. We were in Perth to play WCE and Lake said he wanted to play FF or he just wouldn't play. Rocket of course was angry and Lake refused to budge, so Rocket relented and said ok then.

They got on the ground and Lake was at FF. After about 5 min Rocket sends out the runner and moves Lake to FB
    If I recall correctly it was that Brian was saying he was too injured/sore. So Rocket said something along the lines of 'that's too bad we were going to play you forward' and Brian was suddenly fit to play. Then the rest is as you say.

Post Thanks / Like

BAD what has prompted this change in thinking?

Less than 24 hours ago you said you wouldn't engage in anymore discussion that involved English not being a first ruck.

Now you have started a thread on Get Brody Grundy.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    BAD what has prompted this change in thinking?
    Not a change of thinking at all. I acknowledge we need another ruckman on the list, someone that will make an impact

Less than 24 hours ago you said you wouldn't engage in anymore discussion that involved English not being a first ruck.
    No I said I wouldn't engage in commenting or arguing with posters that bag English. Very tiresome to read the same over and over. However, I do respect everyone's opinion.

Now you have started a thread on Get Brody Grundy.
    Lobb deal is looking like not happening? What is the alternative? Go for the best and see where it gets us.
    Last edited by bornadog; 16-09-2022 at 05:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Is English holding MC to ransom so to speak ? If not, surely Bevo can see he is NOT a #1, so should be putting in processes to make him #2 and GET a #1.

It won’t happen so I’m not even going to dream about someone like Grundy.
    I will never see #16 the same!!