Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  138
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Operation Get Brodie Grundy

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's been put into writing post a comment from his management that Tim was concerned about not being first ruck, and Bevo has at least twice affirmed sternly in the media that Tim is considered our first ruck.

Of course nobody's saying it directly in plain language, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.
    Do you think it's true?

Post Thanks / Like

It's been put into writing post a comment from his management that Tim was concerned about not being first ruck, and Bevo has at least twice affirmed sternly in the media that Tim is considered our first ruck.

Of course nobody's saying it directly in plain language, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.
    I think in some ways the stance from English scuttled our season rightly or wrongly. I think most people can see his value as a forward but it is extremely clear that rucking English was considered a non negotiable. We spent the entire pre-season getting Sweet/Martin trained up as forwards, Martin lost weight for it even.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    I think in some ways the stance from English scuttled our season rightly or wrongly. I think most people can see his value as a forward but it is extremely clear that rucking English was considered a non negotiable. We spent the entire pre-season getting Sweet/Martin trained up as forwards, Martin lost weight for it even.
    I don't understand why he doesn't like banging through sausage rolls and going easy on his body! It boggles the mind.

Being the best player in the competition in literally the hardest position to fill on a list should be something that's appealing to him. You have more impact as a forward that kicks goals and rucks competently, rather than being a ruck that's incompetent against the best and isn't impacting the scoreboard as regularly.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes MrMahatma, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why he doesn't like banging through sausage rolls and going easy on his body! It boggles the mind.

Being the best player in the competition in literally the hardest position to fill on a list should be something that's appealing to him. You have more impact as a forward that kicks goals and rucks competently, rather than being a ruck that's incompetent against the best and isn't impacting the scoreboard as regularly.
    I agree with this, he actually looked like he enjoyed not worrying about rucking early in 2021.

Take it to the bank that rucking is important to him though however irrational it seems. Not sure we can take a punt on him changing his mind and if we wanted to trade him out to use his value on an alternative we wouldn’t have resigned him.

6. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The mind hazily harks back to that brief golden age in the early throes of season '21 when our forward line seemed transformed and for a magical, fleeting moment nigh on unstoppable - and English was pivotal as a mobile 3rd tall target ... Because you can plonk your best key defender on a then in-form Bruce, and task another two or three with impeding Naughton's run and jump, but what've you got left to defend this bloke? It was lethal and beautiful.

If we can reprise that by anteing at the coalface with someone of Grundy's calibre and convince Tim of the collective benefits of more hang time forward, then sign me up please and thank you.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

8. Thanks GVGjr, Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    The mind hazily harks back to that brief golden age in the early throes of season '21 when our forward line seemed transformed and for a magical, fleeting moment nigh on unstoppable - and English was pivotal as a mobile 3rd tall target ... Because you can plonk your best key defender on a then in-form Bruce, and task another two or three with impeding Naughton's run and jump, but what've you got left to defend this bloke? It was lethal and beautiful.

If we can reprise that by anteing at the coalface with someone of Grundy's calibre and convince Tim of the collective benefits of more hang time forward, then sign me up please and thank you.
    I missed your posts RS - don't disappear again
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes MrMahatma, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah welcome back RS.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

Rocket! My man.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I've been on the Get Grundy train since it was announced Collingwood would let him go.

Lets get it done Power.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

If Bevo thinks rucking English as #1 is in the best interest of the team, then nothing will change…unfortunately.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

15. Likes Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bump. All the pieces are in place now except us actually coming to our senses and declaring an interest.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Bump. All the pieces are in place now except us actually coming to our senses and declaring an interest.
    We live in hope.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo and the Dogs should do what is best for the Bulldogs.
    If true that English demands to play as 1st ruck and Bevo and the MC dont think he is good enough for that we should entertain offers for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Bevo and the Dogs should do what is best for the Bulldogs.
    If true that English demands to play as 1st ruck and Bevo and the MC dont think he is good enough for that we should entertain offers for him.
    There’s just no way known this is what happens. Do we really think English said “I’m #1 ruck or I’m gone”. And Bevo said “Well, you’re not good enough to be a #1 ruck but ok… I’ll play you there”.

There’s so much commentary on here that Bevo is stubborn and people say we need a senior assistant to challenge him. But people think a player is going to dictate terms if Bevo doesn’t think he’s up to it? Please…

Bevo and the MC rate Tim. I do too for that matter.

I do also 100% think we should chase Grundy though.

20. Likes Topdog, Grantysghost, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    There’s just no way known this is what happens. Do we really think English said “I’m #1 ruck or I’m gone”. And Bevo said “Well, you’re not good enough to be a #1 ruck but ok… I’ll play you there”.

There’s so much commentary on here that Bevo is stubborn and people say we need a senior assistant to challenge him. But people think a player is going to dictate terms if Bevo doesn’t think he’s up to it? Please…

Bevo and the MC rate Tim. I do too for that matter.

I do also 100% think we should chase Grundy though.
    Yeah fully agree, I can't see how Bevo is suddenly dominated by English but literally no other player.

Was more just commentating on how the club should just do what we believe is best for the Bulldogs, not for any 1 player.