Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  138
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Operation Get Brodie Grundy

Cool. So we’re gonna pay more for Lobb who is older, worse and plays a position of lesser need.

This is gonna annoy me for ages.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Cool. So we’re gonna pay more for Lobb who is older, worse and plays a position of lesser need.

It's literally unbelievable. I'm so disillusioned with our trading............

Stef Martin was already too old when we first bought him in. He has had zero impact and is still on our books.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s a puzzling one. Maybe we enquired and Grundy just wasn’t interested in us. Would be good to know if we at least asked. If Grundy comes good (overcomes injuries to somewhere like his pre-injury AA form), yeah no doubt it’s one we will discuss infinitum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

It's mystifying. What's our short term plan? What's our long-term plan? Our strategy to list management is as mysterious as our weekly team selection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    It's mystifying. What's our short term plan? What's our long-term plan? Our strategy to list management is as mysterious as our weekly team selection.
    What mystery?

We've backed in English as a no 1 ruck for years now.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

F&&*** off

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    What mystery?

We've backed in English as a no 1 ruck for years now.
    Well....true. But what's our 2nd ruck and backup plan? Is it really Martin who was effectively dumped this season? Or is it Sweet who Bevo refuses to play?

What about our backline that was referred to by the coach as missing a few key players? Keath can't stay on the park and was dropped for a number of weeks. Now Cordy is gone and all we've done is bring in Jones?

I can't believe we're all going to have to sit through yet another season lamenting the same old issues whilst we piss another Bont season away. We will be so far behind the 8 ball once we finally decide enough is enough. We haven't even been drafting due to JUH and Darcy. I can see a lot of painful years in the future the way we're going.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Well....true. But what's our 2nd ruck and backup plan? Is it really Martin who was effectively dumped this season? Or is it Sweet who Bevo refuses to play?

What about our backline that was referred to by the coach as missing a few key players? Keath can't stay on the park and was dropped for a number of weeks. Now Cordy is gone and all we've done is bring in Jones?

I can't believe we're all going to have to sit through yet another season lamenting the same old issues whilst we piss another Bont season away. We will be so far behind the 8 ball once we finally decide enough is enough. We haven't even been drafting due to JUH and Darcy. I can see a lot of painful years in the future the way we're going.
    Right now, it's all-in on Lobb.
    We aren't playing 2 rucks if the second ruck is only rucking for a few minutes per quarter. We cycled a few players through given Sweet isn't much use forward, Martin is cooked and Bruce was injured.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Traded for just pick 27…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

We aren't playing 2 rucks if the second ruck is only rucking for a few minutes per quarter. We cycled a few players through given Sweet isn't much use forward, Martin is cooked and Bruce was injured.
    I'm less concerned with not going for Grundy than I am with our overall list balance. Lobb would be fine if it was the last piece if the puzzle. But it's not. Our defence is horrendous even with Jones, we have no natural forwards and our mids don't want to get their hands dirty and now we're losing one of the few who does. Given all the holes, we're better of keeping pick 21 and hitting the draft. If the list managers aren't trying to get talent into the club via trade then it's time for a rebuild.

Post Thanks / Like

Pick 21 for Lobb is WAY overs. I'd rather take it to the draft.

13. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Traded for just pick 27…
    and huge salary
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Correct Moff and that is the reason we are chasing Lobb
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    and huge salary
    For pick 27 you'd wanna hope Melbourne are eating most of his salary. But do we know if that is the case yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    For pick 27 you'd wanna hope Melbourne are eating most of his salary. But do we know if that is the case yet?
    My understanding is he agreed to a paycut - but haven't seen that confirmed.