Thanks Thanks:  120
Likes Likes:  613
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hawthorn racism review

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    EW slams newspapers: dreams about being media kingpin.

Like that?
    Not media kingpin: the world.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/101603644

Woman at centre of Hawthorn racism review will not participate in AFL investigation, 'refusing to consent to silencing tactics

I don't blame her or anyone who is not willing to participate. Their reasoning is valid. With that in mind, this may lead into the AFL's desired outcome anyway with no outcome, and with them able to spin this in their favour.

3. Likes EasternWest, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Has whitewash written all over it. Way too hard. Way too many prominent people involved.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't bothered checking socials today, given how poisonous they have been on the topic to date.

It got me thinking a bit though, in terms of how a loyal mass of people can be so head *!*!*!*!ed by an organisation that has over the past thirty to forty years completely ripped them off on every single front - as big club or small club supporters.

Then it got me thinking that the poison actually has nothing to do with the AFL, and it's societal. And then I remembered that's how it actually is and I already knew it, and it made me depressed because I knew it all along and I used something as easily swept under the carpet as this to give me hope.

Then I got really depressed thinking about how lucky I am that I'm not living it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I haven't bothered checking socials today, given how poisonous they have been on the topic to date.

It got me thinking a bit though, in terms of how a loyal mass of people can be so head *!*!*!*!ed by an organisation that has over the past thirty to forty years completely ripped them off on every single front - as big club or small club supporters.

Then it got me thinking that the poison actually has nothing to do with the AFL, and it's societal. And then I remembered that's how it actually is and I already knew it, and it made me depressed because I knew it all along and I used something as easily swept under the carpet as this to give me hope.

Then I got really depressed thinking about how lucky I am that I'm not living it.
    This is the sort of shit that has to be endured by indigenous people. Sent to Tony Armstrong. FMD, I am sick of racist people.

No wonder the families don't want to participate in the enquiry.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This is the sort of shit that has to be endured by indigenous people. Sent to Tony Armstrong. FMD, I am sick of racist people.

No wonder the families don't want to participate in the enquiry.

Now hang on, let's confirm guilt or innocence before we jump to conclusions.
    "It's over. It's all over."

8. Likes hujsh, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Always virtue signalling with you isn’t it?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why don't they just get over it.........it happened decades ago........
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Didn't even use caps on the noun Aboriginal. That's as offensive as the rest of it.

In all seriousness what a lovely person hey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Didn't even use caps on the noun Aboriginal. That's as offensive as the rest of it.

In all seriousness what a lovely person hey.
    Just saw this in The Age

Click headline:

‘Racist harassment’: ABC refers abusive email sent to Tony Armstrong to police

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Good news

Post Thanks / Like

In a moment that could be the definition of irony this article goes from saying that Tony Armstrong was followed into a coffee shop by two police officers and asked for his ID "because there had been a robbery close by" and then a few paragraphs later that the ABC were referring the racist email to the police for Tony's protection.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...-sent-to-email
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

18. Likes jeemak, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    In a moment that could be the definition of irony this article goes from saying that Tony Armstrong was followed into a coffee shop by two police officers and asked for his ID "because there had been a robbery close by" and then a few paragraphs later that the ABC were referring the racist email to the police for Tony's protection.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...-sent-to-email
    People are sick

Post Thanks / Like

Is this true?

So AFL has 2 very sensitive but pressing issues on foot presently. 1: The concussion strategy 2: The racism investigation. Both headed up by same person Bernard Quinn KC. Berny must be a very accommodating & compliant AFL person?�� No prizes for guessing outcome on both issues��
    https://twitter.com/Thomo_Grant/stat...9QwDa82LA&s=19

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    True.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.