Thanks Thanks:  120
Likes Likes:  613
Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hawthorn racism review

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They are linked to an article by Robbo yesterday if you have newscorp access. Presumably someone has screen shot them.
    Thanks, I've found them via the Herald Sun online. Here's a link to a pdf of the e-mails.

What is particularly interesting is how much interaction there is with the partner of the player, something you wouldn't see in a typical workplace. Also interesting to see an AFLPA psychologist met with the partner and that level of support was provided to her. It highlights how the AFL, the AFLPA and clubs get involved with not just players but their partners as well when there are issues.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

2. Thanks Grantysghost, bulldogtragic, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Also interesting to see an AFLPA psychologist met with the partner and that level of support was provided to her. It highlights how the AFL, the AFLPA and clubs get involved with not just players but their partners as well when there are issues.
    I know psychologists have client patient confidentiality, but surely to be referred to the AFLPA psych, there was more than just Hawthorn involved. The AFL would appear to have swept this under the carpet for 9 years and now want their investigation to be the avenue for justice
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

4. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ABC has released a statement:

‘Accurate, fair and ethical’: ABC rejects ‘misleading’ claims about handling of Hawks racism report

The ABC has released a statement defending its reporting of the Hawthorn racism report, rejecting claims they did not offer Alastair Clarkson, Chris Fagan and others the chance to respond.

Former Collingwood president Eddie McGuire alleged in the aftermath of reporter Russell Jackson’s story that Jackson had only contacted Fagan via “a general number” at Brisbane, rather than reaching out personally.

Jackson responded on Twitter: “Eddie McGuire has attempted to smear my reputation here and I will not stand for it.

“I sent detailed questions to Chris Fagan’s Lions email address with 24 hours’ notice. He didn’t respond to my email, nor when I called his phone and left a message offering him more time.”

On Friday, the ABC addressed “misleading public commentary” surrounding the report.

“It has been stated or implied that the three former Hawthorn employees named in the story were denied a fair opportunity to properly respond to the ABC’s reporting,” a statement read.

“This is incorrect.

“On Monday 19 September and into the following day all three were contacted multiple times by the ABC, via email, phone call and text message. Also contacted were the media teams at Hawthorn and the Brisbane Lions and the personal management of one of the individuals.

“They were provided with all relevant information about the allegations. They were asked detailed and open-ended questions that gave them the opportunity to fully respond to all the allegations.

“After initially receiving no response, the ABC contacted all the parties again and offered them more time in which to respond. We again received no response to the questions.

“Statements provided by Hawthorn and the AFL were included in the story and the ABC has reported comments that have subsequently been made.

“While Russell Jackson’s story reports on the existence of the external review commissioned by Hawthorn, and some allegations made within it, his story was not based on that review and does not quote its contents. His reporting was based entirely on original interviews conducted with primary sources after he was alerted to this difficult and important story.

“His reporting has been accurate, fair and ethical.”

AFL CEO Gill McLachlan, speaking on Fox Footy the night after the report was released, said: “There was actually more in the papers yesterday, more substantive stuff, than was in the report in many senses.

“But there’s also some additional pieces in the report that haven’t come out. The flavour of what you read represents accurately the flavour of what’s in the report, if that makes sense.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Former Collingwood president Eddie McGuire alleged in the aftermath of reporter Russell Jackson’s story that Jackson had only contacted Fagan via “a general number” at Brisbane, rather than reaching out personally.

Jackson responded on Twitter: “Eddie McGuire has attempted to smear my reputation here and I will not stand for it.
    Eddie defaulted to defending someone with racism allegations made against them in an internal report? That's strange how uncharacteristic of him. Normally he's so quick to side with the party making claims of racism.

8. Likes EasternWest, Grantysghost, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Eddie defaulted to defending someone with racism allegations made against them in an internal report? That's strange how uncharacteristic of him. Normally he's so quick to side with the party making claims of racism.
    You've been on fire lately hujsh.
    "It's over. It's all over."

10. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    You've been on fire lately hujsh.
    He's really grown up in the 15 years of WOOF unlike me who has gotten more immature, cynical and senile.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    ABC has released a statement:

‘Accurate, fair and ethical’: ABC rejects ‘misleading’ claims about handling of Hawks racism report

The ABC has released a statement defending its reporting of the Hawthorn racism report, rejecting claims they did not offer Alastair Clarkson, Chris Fagan and others the chance to respond.

“I sent detailed questions to Chris Fagan’s Lions email address with 24 hours’ notice. He didn’t respond to my email, nor when I called his phone and left a message offering him more time.”

On Friday, the ABC addressed “misleading public commentary” surrounding the report.

“It has been stated or implied that the three former Hawthorn employees named in the story were denied a fair opportunity to properly respond to the ABC’s reporting,” a statement read.

“This is incorrect.

“On Monday 19 September and into the following day all three were contacted multiple times by the ABC, via email, phone call and text message. Also contacted were the media teams at Hawthorn and the Brisbane Lions and the personal management of one of the individuals.

“They were provided with all relevant information about the allegations. They were asked detailed and open-ended questions that gave them the opportunity to fully respond to all the allegations.

“After initially receiving no response, the ABC contacted all the parties again and offered them more time in which to respond. We again received no response to the questions.

“Statements provided by Hawthorn and the AFL were included in the story and the ABC has reported comments that have subsequently been made.

“While Russell Jackson’s story reports on the existence of the external review commissioned by Hawthorn, and some allegations made within it, his story was not based on that review and does not quote its contents. His reporting was based entirely on original interviews conducted with primary sources after he was alerted to this difficult and important story.

“His reporting has been accurate, fair and ethical.”

AFL CEO Gill McLachlan, speaking on Fox Footy the night after the report was released, said: “There was actually more in the papers yesterday, more substantive stuff, than was in the report in many senses.

“But there’s also some additional pieces in the report that haven’t come out. The flavour of what you read represents accurately the flavour of what’s in the report, if that makes sense.”
    Gee whiz wowee slap and bang!

Post Thanks / Like

Caro has come out with an article on Clarkson which paints him pretty badly. This article is in regard to his treatment of Sam Mitchell.

Click headline for full article.

Fresh allegations emerge of Alastair Clarkson’s controlling behaviour

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think one of the biggest issues is we forgot that a guy who was a jerk is a jerk.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think one of the biggest issues is we forgot that a guy who was a jerk is a jerk.
    Yep from playing days

Post Thanks / Like

Hodge has released a statement defending the character of the accused coaches, thanking Clarkson in particular for "making me feel comfortable in my own skin"...

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why public profiles like Hodge feel the need for public commentary?

Has anyone heard the talk that some of these issues stem from the fact the Clarkson has now joined North which doesn't sit well with Jed Anderson?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Not sure why public profiles like Hodge feel the need for public commentary?

Has anyone heard the talk that some of these issues stem from the fact the Clarkson has now joined North which doesn't sit well with Jed Anderson?
    The Jed Anderson talk seems to have a lot of merit behind it and I think in time it may all surface.
    As for Hodge, as one of the clubs leaders for a long period of time he might feel the need to come out and say he didn't see any of it during his time. He should be staying away from it though and allow the club to deal with it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

20. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Hodge has released a statement defending the character of the accused coaches, thanking Clarkson in particular for "making me feel comfortable in my own skin"...
    When I read that I thought gee, those choice of words are quite puzzling.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    When I read that I thought gee, those choice of words are quite puzzling.
    That's the culture laid bare.

The leaders bunkering down protecting the omnipotent leader.

Hodge is a world class flog.