Thanks Thanks:  120
Likes Likes:  613
Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hawthorn racism review

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Caro has come out with an article on Clarkson which paints him pretty badly. This article is in regard to his treatment of Sam Mitchell.

Click headline for full article.

Fresh allegations emerge of Alastair Clarkson’s controlling behaviour
    Yeah, ok. If that is how Clarkson treated one of his most senior players it is hard not to draw parallels to what has been reported by the ABC and what was found in the report.
    Clearly Clarkson does not think there is anything wrong with this type of behaviour...
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    That's the culture laid bare.

The leaders bunkering down protecting the omnipotent leader.

Hodge is a world class flog.
    Come on a flog, he is a great bloke to have a beer with
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on a flog, he is a great bloke to have a beer with
    And then he drives you home over the limit!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

5. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    And then he drives you home over the limit!
    Yeah free ride home

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

What is being shared so far in the media makes this look like it's going to be a long drawn out process.
    I don't know what the Hawks can do to rectify this.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    What is being shared so far in the media makes this look like it's going to be a long drawn out process.
    I don't know what the Hawks can do to rectify this.
    Has an Essendon supplements saga smell about it doesn't it.

People can't get enough so it will stay in the cycle.

This is what guys like Hodge don't realise. I'm sure he's reached out to Clarko and he's pained his mentor is hurting, but commenting just adds fuel to the fire.

Maybe he wants to keep himself in the spotlight too, who knows how people leverage situations.

You do feel the first nations people are going to be lost in all this just like the Essendon players.

9. Thanks Swoop thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Entirely unshocking that those who enjoy status within the AFEL ecosystem would uncritically default to defending that culture bolstered by the confidence it'll do what it always does, namely subdue and sideline whoever deigns to tarnish the brotherhood, let alone challenge its primacy.

Dead set, sit the f**k down Hodgey. Or maybe be the man's man your whole schtick's built on and enable comments on your uninvited and completely irrelevant Instagram proclamations that perfectly betray the 'everything's fine, certainly worked in my interests, no other correspondence need be entered into' hubris that's the core of the problem.

Maybe treat yourself to the player's association report released this week that found a third of current First Nations players report experiencing racism with "less than one-fifth of AFL players who have experienced racism in the game felt their matter was sufficiently dealt with and showed “concerning” incidences of vilification from people in the industry".

It's too nice a day to be furious, I'm going outside for a cold one.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Entirely unshocking that those who enjoy status within the AFEL ecosystem would uncritically default to defending that culture bolstered by the confidence it'll do what it always does, namely subdue and sideline whoever deigns to tarnish the brotherhood, let alone challenge its primacy.

Dead set, sit the f**k down Hodgey. Or maybe be the man's man your whole schtick's built on and enable comments on your uninvited and completely irrelevant Instagram proclamations that perfectly betray the 'everything's fine, certainly worked in my interests, no other correspondence need be entered into' hubris that's the core of the problem.

Maybe treat yourself to the player's association report released this week that found a third of current First Nations players report experiencing racism with "less than one-fifth of AFL players who have experienced racism in the game felt their matter was sufficiently dealt with and showed “concerning” incidences of vilification from people in the industry".

It's too nice a day to be furious, I'm going outside for a cold one.
    We give the power soap box to completely unworthy people in this country.

How does he reconcile that with Shaun Burgoyne? Hold up 4 fingers but not quite as straight?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    We give the power soap box to completely unworthy people in this country.

How does he reconcile that with Shaun Burgoyne? Hold up 4 fingers but not quite as straight?
    Absolutely. With all that's bubbling under the surface on this matter more broadly, it's priceless he's happy to use his platform to claim he knows SFA and saw SFA (distancing much, skipper?) but also use it to ladle out unprompted, heartfelt apologia for mates with absolutely zero regard for the process or the bigger stakes here. A bit like our dopey reigning B&F champ.

Curious the uninvited character referees are comfy sticking their necks out to absolve others when the allegations pertain to racism, but not when it comes to other forms of serious wrongdoing. You'd almost suspect the league has a problem.

Fingers crossed any incoming administration takes a much more serious and sincere stance on what - in freakin 2022 - continues to badly blight the game.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

13. Likes jeemak, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Mitchell stuff smacks of, the narrative is going to be “I overreached with many players from many different backgrounds. It’s what I thought was best for them, but I now know that it was beyond my remit as a senior coach. I’ve learnt from my mistakes.”

15. Likes EasternWest, Swoop, mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's okay everyone, this is all just a minor inconvenience.

No sincere reflection nor change necessary.

Keep digging ...
    BORDERLINE FLYING

17. Likes EasternWest, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tea...d2902f7a0df463

Hawthorn is being investigated by WorkSafe Victoria for its treatment of First Nations Players, as reported by The Herald Sunand The Age, as the fallout from the club’s cultural safety review continues.

WorkSafe Victoria will on Monday meet with key club figures at its Waverley Park home base after having already conducted several virtual meetings.

The investigation will run separately from the AFL’s looming external probe, with North Melbourne coach Alastair Clarkson and Brisbane boss Chris Fagan currently stood down from their respective roles while it takes place despite denying any wrongdoing.

“WorkSafe is urging anyone who experienced or witnessed health and safety concerns at Hawthorn Football Club to contact WorkSafe to make a statement,” WorkSafe’s executive director of health and safety Dr Narelle Beer said in a statement.

“WorkSafe takes allegations of workplace bullying and discrimination very seriously and can take enforcement action when employers fail to protect the mental health of those in their workplace.

“Every Victorian worker, no matter their cultural background, has the right to a healthy and safe workplace.”

Hawthorn’s review, coupled with a report from ABC journalist Russell Jackson, details a number of disturbing allegations from Indigenous players on how they were treated during the club’s golden era under four-time premiership coach Clarkson.

They include claims of bullying and intimidation to separate players from their families, with one couple pressured to terminate their pregnancy.

It’s believed the Hawks’ review, authored by former Richmond player Phil Egan, was not among the documents given to WorkSafe Victoria.

The Age reported further allegations on Clarkson acting unreasonably towards current coach and former midfielder Sam Mitchell.

It comes after the Herald Sun’s Jon Ralph reported this week there’s deep reservations from the First Nations families who made the accusations to provide testimonies for the AFL’s official exteneral investigation, while the league is currently working through putting together a suitable four-person panel to probe the shock claims.

Speaking at Hawthorn’s best and fairest awards, club president Jeff Kennett said he did “not consider this to be a crisis” while taking aim at those who leaked the report to the ABC.

“We wanted them to tell their stories about their time at Hawthorn and since. But it wasn’t an inquiry in that sense. It was to make sure, as we always do, we put the welfare of our people first,” Kennett said.

“It was a story telling where those telling the stories asked for confidentiality. We respected that.

“Sadly they made a decision to talk to the press and sadly they named people with whom they had very real issues. That was unfair to those people, so therefore we need to have this resolved.

“I hope that all parties can come together in some form of mediation and it could be resolved before the end of the year so that people can get on with their lives and our players and our coaches can all focus on the thing we salute them for.”

19. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"This person's macro choices can't have occured because they were nice to me personally" is the dumbest, most frustrating, illogical bullshit that comes up any time a story like this breaks and is symbolic of an attitude in this stupid country that makes stories like this keep happening.

Hodge and his like need to grow up.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

21. Likes Grantysghost, hujsh, bornadog, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is that these so called big clubs like Carlton, Essendon and now Hawks find themselves in controversy after winning flags. The attitude of we are above the law and whatever it takes eventually catches up to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Why is that these so called big clubs like Carlton, Essendon and now Hawks find themselves in controversy after winning flags. The attitude of we are above the law and whatever it takes eventually catches up to them.
    It's pushing for that extra 5 10 percent.