Thanks Thanks:  120
Likes Likes:  613
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hawthorn racism review

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    To "Super Awesome defender of m'ladies EasternWest" because I could live with that.

Back on topic does anyone know what the HRC could actually DO if there were found to be guilty parties?
    Women are better let's be honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Women are better let's be honest.
    Women are clearly better but if we're applying a hierarchy then dogs are the best people.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    You've assumed it's not true.
    I made and make no assumptions, either way. If I had assumed as you suggest, I'd have been right, wouldn't I ? No findings have been made against the coaches and that's after an independent review and no defence raised.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post
    I made and make no assumptions, either way. If I had assumed as you suggest, I'd have been right, wouldn't I ? No findings have been made against the coaches and that's after an independent review and no defence raised.
    I don't know what to believe to be honest.

I'm not naive enough to think there's nothing to it.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 01-06-2023 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Cant spell

5. Likes D Mitchell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Eight months since the panel was convened, with no interviews of those concerned and no findings. The AFL botched this as they usually do. It could almost be funny or an episode of Utopia if it wasn’t for the deep hurt that has been inflicted and the seriousness of what was alleged.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

7. Likes GVGjr, hujsh, josie, bornadog, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post
    Yes, so 'independent' that five of eleven complainants had sufficient misgivings they withdrew from the process over concerns it was anything but.

But sure, case closed.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

9. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Mofra, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seen in the Sun,

"A legal letter sent by lawyers for Brisbane Lions coach Chris Fagan on Sunday helped turn the Hawthorn racism scandal on its head.

The email informed the four First Nations families at the centre of the saga that Fagan was set to launch a Supreme Court injunction against the AFL and its independent investigation panel.

The families were told that the move would see them become “defendants” in a court battle over the racism probe where they would be identified “by name”.

The Fagan letter was described by one support person as a factor in the families’ decision to agree to a deal with the league."
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Seen in the Sun,

"A legal letter sent by lawyers for Brisbane Lions coach Chris Fagan on Sunday helped turn the Hawthorn racism scandal on its head.

The email informed the four First Nations families at the centre of the saga that Fagan was set to launch a Supreme Court injunction against the AFL and its independent investigation panel.

The families were told that the move would see them become “defendants” in a court battle over the racism probe where they would be identified “by name”.

The Fagan letter was described by one support person as a factor in the families’ decision to agree to a deal with the league."
    The system works.

Just don't mention who it works for

12. Likes jeemak, mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by D Mitchell; 02-06-2023 at 07:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    The system works.

Just don't mention who it works for
    I guess Hawthorn and the people involved in their survey (and apparently not all the respondents were indigenous .... according to AFL360) didn't actually think through the possible ramifications to their investigation. Any legal action arising was always going to make the participants known. Did Hawthorn really think that once this all got public that there wouldn't be legal action outside the confines of the AFL investigation?

Whilst we are not privy to any promises Hawthorn made as to the anonymity of participants, by any measure of fairness once the accusations were made public, then I believe that the accused have a right to know exactly what they are being pilloried for and by whom.

I guess Hawthorn have now learned that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Problem is they took along a few other passengers for the ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess Hawthorn and the people involved in their survey (and apparently not all the respondents were indigenous .... according to AFL360) didn't actually think through the possible ramifications to their investigation. Any legal action arising was always going to make the participants known. Did Hawthorn really think that once this all got public that there wouldn't be legal action outside the confines of the AFL investigation?

Whilst we are not privy to any promises Hawthorn made as to the anonymity of participants, by any measure of fairness once the accusations were made public, then I believe that the accused have a right to know exactly what they are being pilloried for and by whom.

I guess Hawthorn have now learned that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Problem is they took along a few other passengers for the ride.
    Don't conflate things. We may not know who is making the accusations but Clarkson and Fagan know full well. This is a strong handed threat to silence these people who I don't blame for not wanting any further part in the AFL Boondoggle.

It's a great message to anyone else who feel they've been discriminated against too. 'Know your place'

16. Likes EasternWest, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't conflate things. We may not know who is making the accusations but Clarkson and Fagan know full well. This is a strong handed threat to silence these people who I don't blame for not wanting any further part in the AFL Boondoggle.

It's a great message to anyone else who feel they've been discriminated against too. 'Know your place'
    I could not agree more with this. What a joke.

Clarkson and Fagan 100% know where (from whom?) the accusations originated.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe "You'll get yours"?

19. Likes EasternWest, hujsh, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it's a now case of put up or shut up.

Just as others on this forum decry posts mentioning "woke", I sense something rotten in Denmark when things are mentioned as
    "their truth", rather than "the truth".

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it's a now case of put up or shut up.

Just as others on this forum decry posts mentioning "woke", I sense something rotten in Denmark when things are mentioned as
    "their truth", rather than "the truth".
    Do you think it's made up?

I can't see what the motivation would be.

I've got no idea what the truth is, not sure I care that much either however I can't dismiss it all as smoke with no fire.