Thanks Thanks:  120
Likes Likes:  613
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hawthorn racism review

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    North have delayed Clarkson starting. He was due to start November 1.

North's trade period might not be as smooth as they were hoping for.
    I wonder if Logue and tucker are thinking long and hard right now
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I wonder if Logue and tucker are thinking long and hard right now
    If Clarkson was the primary reason for considering North perhaps they should but my guess is that Fremantle are lowballing some players and the money North are offering would be attractive. They're already not thinking North and finals.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes Bulldog Revolution, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He's finisihed.
    They all are. The fallout from this will be massive and far reaching.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    They all are. The fallout from this will be massive and far reaching.
    When we say 'finished', James Hird is a chance to be reappointed Essendon coach and Wayne Carey has just been sacked (most likely temporarily) for the umpteenth time. I won't be surprised if there are similar results here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    When we say 'finished', James Hird is a chance to be reappointed Essendon coach and Wayne Carey has just been sacked (most likely temporarily) for the umpteenth time. I won't be surprised if there are similar results here.
    Just feeling this might blow up.

7. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Just feeling this might blow up.
    Have you heard anything further or gut feel?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Have you heard anything further or gut feel?
    Gut feel. There will be a mssive ground swell in a few days when the Indigenous community digest this and then rightfully leverage off it to evoke change.

Change at the social level may be a bridge too far but I can see Clarko and Fagan being put under enormous pressure. I can also see this moving past the AFL quite quickly and given at least Clarko is denying the allegations a likely outcome is an ugly and damning court case.

Feeling we're at the tip of the iceberg.

10. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tend to agree, and I think the three players and their people who have courageously addressed the issue won't be the only ones to have experienced this type of treatment or similar, and further stories could come to light.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve just jumped onto WOOF for the first time in a while to see if there is any trade news. Stumbled across this thread. Sorry I opened it.

Gotta say, I can’t believe the conclusions being jumped to, here. Accusations are just that. The accused haven’t even been questioned as yet - let alone had a chance to defend themselves.

The accusations could be vast extrapolations on what the truth actually is. Misinterpretations of second hand discussions, compounded by resentment, the circling of wagons, personality clashes, unrelated grievances, or just plain misunderstandings.

The tendency to hang, draw and quarter in this forum is a reminder of why I’ve drifted away from it. Very little balance and members falling over themselves to virtue signal, whilst simultaneously knifing individuals like our senior coach on a whim.

It’s made me feel sick.

14. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I’ve just jumped onto WOOF for the first time in a while to see if there is any trade news. Stumbled across this thread. Sorry I opened it.

Gotta say, I can’t believe the conclusions being jumped to, here. Accusations are just that. The accused haven’t even been questioned as yet - let alone had a chance to defend themselves.

The accusations could be vast extrapolations on what the truth actually is. Misinterpretations of second hand discussions, compounded by resentment, the circling of wagons, personality clashes, unrelated grievances, or just plain misunderstandings.

The tendency to hang, draw and quarter in this forum is a reminder of why I’ve drifted away from it. Very little balance and members falling over themselves to virtue signal, whilst simultaneously knifing individuals like our senior coach on a whim.

It’s made me feel sick.
    I love this. It's so great. Anyone who cares about something or is upset by something happening to other people and choose to express it can only be virtue signaling for all those internet points. No one actually is upset by report we all just want to shit on Clarko or the Hawks or whatever.

I'm sure (multiple) players giving their account will benefit greatly from this and won't be hounded for daring to speak out against the treatment they received. I'm sure the woman the coaches wanted to get an abortion loves retelling that particular tale. Likewise I'm sure Hawthorn had all the reason in the world to publish a report so damning on their treatment of young Indigenous players

Stop virtue signaling about how superior you are to everyone else here. Unless you have some insight or reason to doubt what has been reported or the investigation itself that's all you're doing. Not offering balance. Just being contrary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Slowly reading through it in detail now, my reaction is the same.

Hard to put into words. How can this actually happen?
    And we have to ask - if the allegations are proven true - is this the only club where such despicable actions/attitudes prevailed?

Post Thanks / Like

Pouring one out for those who simply logged on for a bit of trade news but had those hopes cruelly dashed by a spot of purported institutional racism.

Thoughts and prayers. Can't imagine how you must be feeling right now.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

18. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes hujsh, EasternWest, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I love this. It's so great. Anyone who cares about something or is upset by something happening to other people and choose to express it can only be virtue signaling for all those internet points. No one actually is upset by report we all just want to shit on Clarko or the Hawks or whatever.

I'm sure (multiple) players giving their account will benefit greatly from this and won't be hounded for daring to speak out against the treatment they received. I'm sure the woman the coaches wanted to get an abortion loves retelling that particular tale. Likewise I'm sure Hawthorn had all the reason in the world to publish a report so damning on their treatment of young Indigenous players

Stop virtue signaling about how superior you are to everyone else here. Unless you have some insight or reason to doubt what has been reported or the investigation itself that's all you're doing. Not offering balance. Just being contrary.
    I completely agree with this. Well said.

20. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post

It’s made me feel sick.
    Sorry to hear it. I hope you’re ok. Are you sick like, depression sick? Or like the sickness of miscarriages internally? Or sick like unsuccessfully attempting to take your life for fifth time?

Just want to understand the pain and sickness that you’re suffering as a victim through this?

Thought & Prayers.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

22. Likes hujsh, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If the allegations are proven, all involved are finished in the game and not a moment too soon. That stuff is truly heinous. But it goes much, much deeper than that. This is potentially a seismic moment in professional sport in this country. How can senior players and senior executives not know about this? How can the governing body of the code not know? How can the AFLPA not know, who are supposed to represent the players? If proven, it makes a mockery of every stakeholder in the game.

It is always better to err on the side of caution and wait for innocence to be proven otherwise. It's what separates functioning democracies such as ours from savage authoritarian regimes. Everybody with a heart and a conscience would be disgusted beyond words by what has been alleged, but IMO the pile-on should wait until the allegations are proven.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

24. Thanks GVGjr, Bulldog Joe thanked for this post
    Likes SonofScray, Dry Rot, EasternWest, DOG GOD liked this post